Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

Ant Man finishes off Phase 2 correct?

Yeah. It was originally going to start Phase 3 but that is Captain America: Civil War's job now. Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther will be introduced as the third party as well, and yes he'll be in costume.

Idris Elba sorta spoiled his appearance, along with Hiddleston, in an upcoming movie.

Hayley Atwell will be reprising her role as Peggy Carter in Ant-Man. Latino-Review posted this rumor a couple of months ago; a flashback of S.H.I.E.L.D. forming (?) between Alexander Pierce, Armin Zola, Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and Hank Pym with Robert Redford, Toby Jones, John Slattery, Hayley Atwell reprising their roles opposite Michael Douglas. I'm assuming Pym has a falling out with the others since he seems so jaded about superheroes in the exclusive footage at Comic-Con. 

"Superheroes. What a goddamn joke." - Hank Pym

HitFix: Latest Ant-Man Casting News Lends Weight to Wasp as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Theory

Jared Leto is the Joker and Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn for David Ayer's Suicide Squad. Gosling passed on playing the Joker, so it went to Leto. Will Smith and Tom Hardy possibly joining the film too, with the latter most likely tackling Deadshot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Joaquin Phoenix had a chat with Playboy and they talk about Marvel, Inherent Vice, his career, etc

He was up for Iron Man?

There’s only one movie I regret saying no to—except the person who ended up doing it was so good and was absolutely meant to do it, so I don’t have any regrets," Phoenix said, cryptically. "I’m not going to say which one, but it was a really big hit. It’s getting to the point where they’re making some pretty decent movies. I thought 'Iron Man' was fantastic."

• Downvote (-1) 1

Daniel Bruhl joining the cast of Captain America: Civil War as the villain...for Doctor Strange maybe (Fifth Estate reunion with the Cumberbatch)? Fan-favorite villain Baron Zemo? The reincarnation of Red Skull? ScarJo, Sebastian Stan (aka Winter Soldier) and Samuel L Jackson expected to return too.

Also, good to hear that Frank Grillo is back to play the main heavy. Adds more credence to the rumors that Cap won't show up for Infinity War: Part I.

@@Scalzo, thoughts on Alexandra Daddario possibly playing the titular role of Jessica Jones? Or Krysten Ritter? Or Teresa Palmer?

giphy.gif

FXkU22O.gif

hJwBqOm.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I only care if she takes off her top

and as far as I know there hasn't been a single pair of boobies in a Marvel film, so I hope she doesn't waste her talents on this

I only care if she takes off her top

and as far as I know there hasn't been a single pair of boobies in a Marvel film, so I hope she doesn't waste her talents on this

It's on Netflix though, but yeah, just some good cleavage at most.

She'll have a big black boyfriend, another fellow street hero, Luke Cage.

Suicide Squad cast and director confirmed. David Ayer of Fury and End of Watch fame is writing and directing, and here is the cast.

• Tom Hardy is Rick Flagg, leader of the squad
  • Will Smith is Deadshot
  • Jared Leto is The Joker
  • Margot Robbie is Harley Quinn
  • Jai Courtney is Captain Boomerang, the asshole aussie goon, which is fitting for Jai
  • Cara Delevingne is the Enchantress
  • Warner Bros. wants Oprah, Viola Davis or Octavia Spencer to play Amanda Waller, the government official who oversees the squad
  • Upvote (+1) 1