Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

Did you watch Iron Man 3 yet??

dude, ive watched it so many times, but everytime i try I cant make it past 10 minutes.... its unbearable, literally one of the worst things ive ever seen. It has no redeeming qualities, the quips from RDJ are childish and lacking of any substance or humor, the film has entirely way too much CGI, and the characters are weak, meaningless, and underdeveloped. It literally fails in all aspects. I got all this in 10 minutes

thankfully for the studios sales didn't reflect quality... afterall this is merica. comprised mainly of mindless zombies like @@Echo, who thinks everyone tries too hard when they watch movies, and would rather turn off his mind sit back and enjoy the latest in big budget homoeroticism

dude, ive watched it so many times, but everytime i try I cant make it past 10 minutes.... its unbearable, literally one of the worst things ive ever seen. It has no redeeming qualities, the quips from RDJ are childish and lacking of any substance or humor, the film has entirely way too much CGI, and the characters are weak, meaningless, and underdeveloped. It literally fails in all aspects. I got all this in 10 minutes

I hate you...sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

do you really expect him to actually watch movies he critiques? cmon now

Shots fired!

Tony Stark is a man full of quips. RDJ = Tony Stark. Rebecca Hall's character is neutered though; clearly some parts were left in the cutting room floor.

TMNT and OG Superman > Everything in this thread

and

old school Sci-Fi >

Corey Stoll talking to Collider about Ant-Man. Always the standard to talk up project, but still cool beans.

Collider:  You were being talked about for a role in Ant-Man when Edgar Wright was still attached to direct.

COREY STOLL:  Yeah, and he is the one who cast me. 

And you’re still going to do it?

STOLL:  Yeah, absolutely! 

Are you disappointed about Edgar Wright no longer being attached, or are you excited to work with Peyton Reed?

STOLL:  I’m absolutely thrilled!  Reading the script – and the script that Edgar wrote, and the script that there is now – it’s insane that this movie hasn’t been made before.  Obviously, you need the technology because it needs to look great.  But the whole idea of the changing of scale and the experiential effect of size changing is just so cool.  You read these scenes on the page, and I just got giddy.  I think it’s gonna be so much fun. You can get a little fatigued with superheroes because everybody is just punching everybody, or shooting everybody with ray beams.  This is a completely different kinetic experience in the theater.  Shrinking and growing back, there’s just so much material there to root it in.  I think it’s gonna be great.

why would anyone want to be part of a project called Ant-Man??? lol

Because of Edgar Wright. Oh, wait.

forever disappointed.

honestly iron man 3 is putrid......................

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

^ ALL PEASANT THOUGHTS.

Odd, last summer had bigger box offices and overall better sum yet the films weren't up to snuff critically; although Iron Man 3, Pacific Rim, Fast & Furious 6 and The Wolverine were solid, they weren't loved. However, this summer's box office sales are down 20%, but the majority of the films have been critically adored; Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Edge of Tomorrow, How to Train Your Dragon 2, 22 Jump Street, Neighbors (and to a lesser extent, Godzilla) and possibly Lucy and Guardians of the Galaxy too.

you have lost touch with sanity reason, Iron Man 3 was as bman eloquently said, "putrid"

in what world are those other movies critically adored? Captain America was pretty fucking awful too

you have lost touch with sanity reason, Iron Man 3 was as bman eloquently said, "putrid"

in what world are those other movies critically adored? Captain America was pretty fucking awful too

IT WAS YOU BLIND MAN, IM NOT GEOFF

especially coming off last summer

You guys need therapy! Thor films? Wack. Iron Man 2? Sure. Iron Man 3. A damn good time!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Iron Man 2 was putrid. 

3 was a lot more enjoyable. 

even 90's action movies > 00's comic book movies

e.g. con air

nicolas cage is so much greater than the shitty quip, metrosexual that is RDJ

• Upvote (+1) 1

These super hero/comic-book films are going to go down in cinematic history as some of the worst things ever created, including such atrocities as The Green Lantern, Spiderman 3, Iron Man 3, Fantastic Four; Rise of the Silver Surfer, GotG, X-Men Origins - Wolverine, and Catwoman 

Dan makes an excellent point too, Con Air > all of these recent super hero films 

same goes for Die Hard, Terminator II, etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

These super hero/comic-book films are going to go down in cinematic history as some of the worst things ever created, including such atrocities as The Green Lantern, Spiderman 3, Iron Man 3, Fantastic Four; Rise of the Silver Surfer, GotG, X-Men Origins - Wolverine, and Catwoman 

Dan makes an excellent point too, Con Air > all of these recent super hero films 

same goes for Die Hard, Terminator II, etc

I'm not going go argue with that, those are fucking classics. @@daniswhopper

If I really had to choose one, give me Die Hard, Face/Off, 80s John Carpenter/James Cameron/John McTiernan, etc over almost all superhero films

When it comes to cinematic history, the "game-changers" were Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and The Avengers. Those are the facts. Whether you like it or not, those changed the industry. Seeing these comics brought to life while maintaining the spirit of the characters while making them the go-to choice for the masses is just fucking crazy. Who knew that the "nerds" won?

Thor 2 might have been as bad as IM3 as well.

Iron Man 3 had a personality, whether it was one you liked or not. Thor 2 really looked and felt like a heavily edited, studio patchwork job. Yeah, I really can't stand the Thor films in re-watches. Natalie Portman and Thor's romance is like the crux of the film yet it's so unconvincing. Supposedly they address Thor dumping her in the new Avengers film. Tom Hiddleston is a gem though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think if I had to rank them it would go:

Iron Man

Avengers

Winter Soldier

First Avenger

Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 3/Dark World

Thor

Iron Man 2

Winter Soldier > Avengers > Iron Man > Iron Man 3 > Thor > Iron Man 2 > Incredible Hulk > Thor: The Dark World

I think GotG will be up there soon enough.

Winter Soldier > Avengers > Iron Man > Iron Man 3 > Thor > Iron Man 2 > Incredible Hulk > Thor: The Dark World

I think GotG will be up there soon enough.

First Avenger?

When it comes to cinematic history, the "game-changers" were Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and The Avengers. Those are the facts. Whether you like it or not, those changed the industry. Seeing these comics brought to life while maintaining the spirit of the characters while making them the go-to choice for the masses is just fucking crazy. Who knew that the "nerds" won?

You're right they certainly changed cinema for the worse, and lets be honest no one cares about comics because of it... its not like the Box office numbers are directly proportional to comic sales or anything, and this has nothing to do with nerds, rather brainless people who like watching homoerotic movies that are a small step above Professional Wrestling 

• Upvote (+1) 1