Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

Yea there wasn’t a lot to dislike about the film, happy endings are overrated anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about Tom Riddle?

yes. although the very best villains you can empathize with.. not sure anyone did that with hewhomustnotbenamed

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thor MVP. I hope Hemsworth continues post-Avengers 4 (assuming he survives).

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of my friends has already seen Infinity War three times, this is what he had to say:

It's an uncomfortable film, to be sure. It's all about one villain, Thanos, whose name literally means "death." And death and destruction and futility is what you get in this film. And yet it's not exploitative or even cynical -- it handles its thematic material well, asking pertinent philosophical questions throughout about justice, love, sacrifice, hope in the face of despair, the nature of evil, and meaning itself. And it is also one of the greatest action movies of all time. It's encouraging, to say the least, to see a popcorn flick deal so well with the deepest and darkest existential questions one can possibly wrestle with -- and still turn out millions. It says that the culture is awake, feels in its bones that something is horribly wrong, feels impossibly hopeless and tired, and needs heroes now more than ever. And unlike most films of this stripe, it not only echoes back that anxiety, but lets its audience sit in it and feel the weight of it. Just a brief sketch of reasons why you should see it if you haven't already.

i’m embarrassed for him. Infinity War has the philosophical depth of a coloring book.

it's a comic book film with the general audience in mind you psycho

your friend takes dumb superhero movies way too seriously lol.

I bet $100 that his favorite film is Fight Club.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Jude Law, the returning Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou and Clark Gregg, and now Annette Bening joining Brie Larson's Captain Marvel.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jake Gyllenhaal in talks to play Quentin Beck aka Mysterio in the Untitled Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel. MICHAEL KEATON RETURNING AS WELL.

They're definitely building up the Sinister Six with Shocker and Mac Gargan's Scorpion being introduced in Homecoming and the incarcerated Vulture coming back for the sequel.

Hell yea

• Upvote (+1) 2

I had a lot of fun with 2 Ant 2 Wasp. The cast is better utilized, Hank's arrogance and his past mistakes is more dwelled upon, and they double down on the shrinking and growing for some really fun setpieces and car chases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

venom was a successful depiction of venom but the movie couldve been INCREDIBLE with an r-rating

it wouldve been a good movie had the whole second act been present.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:49 AM, Knighty Knight said:

what'd y'all think of JOKER? paging @hapaxlegomena

Joker was unique, in that I believe it to be a really good character study of one of the most interesting villains in the western canon, and a wholly overrated movie at the same time. Now that's not to say it wasn't a good film, because it was, but I still believe the general consensus on Joker is overblown. It's definitely not the masterpiece or work of sheer genius that some people are calling it, but it is a very solid movie, with an outstanding performance from Joaquin Phoenix. It's a bleak, disturbing film, but in a way that's entertaining and even thought provoking. All things considered I enjoyed it, I got my monies worth, and I'm sure I'll watch it again at some point.

Also, Heath Ledger's Joker >