Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

Thoughts?

EDIT: Saw it twice. Best decision I've ever made.

Marvel had the balls to do it. Didn't think they would, but they did.

Thanos is relentless, great villain.

Marvel had the balls to do it. Didn't think they would, but they did.

Thanos is relentless, great villain.

Did you think young Gamora at the end was Death?

i was pretty bored during the film. the black order were stupid underwhelming and their subplot were underwhelming as fuck. thanos was cool and ruthless, but he didnt feel selfish enough

Marvel definitely addressing their villain problem the last few films. Vulture, Killmonger, and now Thanos are pretty interesting villains.

Man

Peter's "death" killed me.

Homecoming sequel starts filming in July...IN LONDON!

Marvel definitely addressing their villain problem the last few films. Vulture, Killmonger, and now Thanos are pretty interesting villains.

The whole scene with Thanos, Red Skull and Gamorah was amazing.

The whole scene with Thanos, Red Skull and Gamorah was amazing.

It was insanely well done. The emotion Josh Brolin conveyed was fucking FANTASTIC. Best villain since Heath Ledger's Joker.

How about when our boy Thor showed up to wakanda, such a great scene!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The entire forging scene all the way up to his arrival at Wakanda was hands down my favorite part of the movie.

This is basically me post Ragnarok and IW.

H3ozgeR.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

The movie was great, just kinda confused how they’re gonna make a homecoming part two, is it supposed to come out after the second infinity war?! Also yea I’ve seen some debate over who the better villain... who would you guys say? Thanos or Killmonger. I agree thanos is better overall, but I just loved the Killmonger storyline in black panther, probably the most of any villain I can remember. Found myself rooting for him to succeed based on his situation. Never did that with thanos, although what he stands for does make a lot of sense too, the end where his young daughter asked about what did it cost you? And he said everything. That was when I felt for him, you could truly feel the power of that moment and then him ending at the sunset... incredible. I kind of want to see it again but will wait until it’s out of the theaters. Also, it’s all star lords fault he is the one to blame.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The movie was great, just kinda confused how they’re gonna make a homecoming part two, is it supposed to come out after the second infinity war?! Also yea I’ve seen some debate over who the better villain... who would you guys say? Thanos or Killmonger. I agree thanos is better overall, but I just loved the Killmonger storyline in black panther, probably the most of any villain I can remember. Found myself rooting for him to succeed based on his situation. Never did that with thanos, although what he stands for does make a lot of sense too, the end where his young daughter asked about what did it cost you? And he said everything. That was when I felt for him, you could truly feel the power of that moment and then him ending at the sunset... incredible. I kind of want to see it again but will wait until it’s out of the theaters. Also, it’s all star lords fault he is the one to blame.

Yeah Homecoming two comes out July next year while IW 2 comes out in May. I believe theres another Guardians planned as well but theres only rocket left.

No doubt all the heroes who turned to ash will be resurrected somehow, probably through the time stone or some shit. I expect some of the old heroes will actually die trying to bring them back. Prolly Thor, Cap, War Machine and Iron Man(some may retire instead of die).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanos bar none. I'll go farther and say he's one of the best cinematic villains of all time. Josh Brolin is a beast. 

As for Starlord - Dr Strange could've stopped him because he knew what his reaction would be and how everything would unfold. He let him fuck everything up on purpose. Just like he gave up the Time stone on purpose.

The time stone is basically like The Terminator plotline. It's the ultimate cop out and loophole. 

Didn't you see a parallel between him journeying to forge his weapon and Luke Skywalker journeying to Dagobah in TESB?

lol stfu forreal

i guess if the only movies u watch are action movies made post 2010 then maybe but even then thats a stretch, even for knighty

whatd u think of it btw? humanizing thanos was a mistake

i guess if the only movies u watch are action movies made post 2010 then maybe but even then thats a stretch, even for knighty

whatd u think of it btw? humanizing thanos was a mistake

i really liked it tbh. i’m definitely in camp Thanos, but i’m not autistic about it like knighty.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

i really liked it tbh. i’m definitely in camp Thanos, but i’m not autistic about it like knighty.

how well does it stand up to your other favorites form the mcu?

i should've been more specific - he's no daniel plainview, anton chigurh, norman bates or nurse ratched. but come on hap - for a mainstream popcorn flick he is very much amongst the tier1 (darth vader, sauron, t-1000)

how well does it stand up to your other favorites form the mcu?

probably right up towards the top tbh. if not the very top.