Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

quiet thread 

spoilers

so spider-man was dope/solid , wasn't feeling zendaya's character, too many jarvus suit interactions for my taste (i hope he gets all that shit down so he doesn't talk to it too much in the future), too many comedic moments but a lot of them did land except penis parker, that was cringe, maybe flash is supposed to be cringe idk , plane collateral damage  :kappa:

i was grinning throughout the movie just appreciating how marvel has connected the world and how far they've come, just nice seeing spidey fit into it all i guess

I find it hard to compare to the other spider-man movies cause it wasn't as high stakes/going for the same thing, just different but I did like it more than TASM's that's for sure 

edit: also does anyone think it was kind of out of character that peter would vlog? i know he liked to take pics in spidey 1 and log stuff but idk

I have a question about logan also,

why were there no complaints about Logan using the family getting killed again plot like they did in x-men origins with the old man/women? did I miss something that made it so different?

I think the main thing that makes it different is the film showing us how the farmer has lost jis job to machines and the government's handling of crop and food, which ties right into the storyline of the government filling food with mutant blocking chemicals that stopped the birth of natural mutants.

I think it was done far better in Logan as well, but the fact that it serves a purpose works too. As well as seeing X-24 destroy for the first time as well.

I think the main thing that makes it different is the film showing us how the farmer has lost jis job to machines and the government's handling of crop and food, which ties right into the storyline of the government filling food with mutant blocking chemicals that stopped the birth of natural mutants.

I think it was done far better in Logan as well, but the fact that it serves a purpose works too. As well as seeing X-24 destroy for the first time as well.

Yeah I liked it more but I couldn't get the origins family result out my head watching it like "what are you doing logan" "they wouldn't do what I think they will again"

Maybe a lot of people like to imagine origins just didn't happen lul

• Walton Goggins and Randall Park join Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • Ben Affleck may be leaving the role of Bruce Wayne / Batman after Justice League.
  • Thor: Ragnarok trailer apparently tomorrow.
  • The Flash director may be announced tomorrow.
  • Iron Fist season 2 confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6J9BqgonU

This is my fucking shit. Jack Kirby. Walt Simonson. Prog Rock. 80s shittttttt

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some cool news

• Michelle Pfeiffer is Janet Van Dyne, Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster aka Goliath, Walton Goggins is Sonny Burch (a Cross Technologies scientist aka Yellowjacket's company from Ant-Man) and Hannah John-Kamen is playing Ghost (a male Iron Man esponiage villain in the comics) in Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • Captain Marvel will be set in the 1990s, the main antagonists will be Skrulls (and the Kree will be present given Carol's origins), and Nick Fury will have two eyes.
  • Avengers: Infinity War may be the longest Marvel film yet, understandable given that it'll be the culmination of the MCU, with several dozen of characters and 10 years of Marvel films coming to a close.
  • Justice League reshoots are so extensive that it's disrupting the scheduling of Henry Cavill with Mission: Impossible 6 to the point where Warner Bros. has to digitally remove the mustache (Paramount won't let him shave it) that he grew for the Tom Cruise film.

Spawn reboot too. now is a better time than ever to get it right, but Todd McFarlane directing is an interesting choice

its only one persons choice. everyone around him says he shouldnt

• Wonder Woman 2 set for December 2019. Star Wars moved out of the December dates due to the Avatar sequels (huge bank internationally compared to Star Wars) and now Warner Bros. trying to make a move on the now-vacant December slot starting with Aquaman next December.

Thor: Ragnarok may be the shortest MCU film to date. Taika said the last cut was around 100 minutes.

Killmonger's suit in Black Panther is basically T'Challa's suit, but golden and with Killmonger rocking a Jaguar mask. Also, T'Challa's suit is like nano-tech where it forms around him under his clothes.

great shot imo, never seen superman in a pose like that before I don;t think 

D2MRGtY.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

does anyone else think the colour correction or whatever it's called doesn't look right in Thor 3? Like they have more colours but they're not popping like they did in GotG 2 or Homecoming, maybe it's for variety but I liked what they were doing lately a lot more 

Color grading may not be complete but i disagree. That shit is pure Kirby and its awesome.

Well, Defenders was incredibly mediocre, it had its moments, Iron Fist was better than in his own show, etc. The overarching storyline was terrible, they made the Hand into a small & boring organization, removed the mysteriousness of them and made them 100% incompetent. Could've benefitted from 2 additional episodes to stretch out the show too, shit felt cramped.

Also, the restaurant fighting scene with Weaver spectating them made me chuckle, I mean just leave lol

Take a shot whenever Warner Bros. has a new DC film in development.

A Joker Origins movie from Todd Phillips? Ugh. A romance love story between Joker and Harley Quinn (which is the exact opposite of what their relationship really is)? Fuck that.