Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png

Welp lets hope Whedon can make the pacing issues etc. better a lot of people have a problem with

I wonder if all the Wonder Woman press stuff in relation to young women was getting to him

Seeing Wonder Woman tomorrow.

Hype.

let us know if it's shit or not.

International trailers been destroying the domestic ones. This one leans very hard with the MCU connections, better paced trailer and efficient with setting up the plot dynamics with Keaton's Vulture.

Was definitely feeling the spidey int/dom trailer 3 a lot more than the 2nd one; probably quite formulaic but looking forward to it now, should be a lot of fun

edit: just watched Logan, solid movie  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

let us know if it's shit or not.

I really liked it. Only complaints would be the last act and the villains. Pine and Gadot have great chemistry. Funny when it needs to be. Oh and Gadot is unbelievably gorgeous.

8/10

I really liked it. Only complaints would be the last act and the villains. Pine and Gadot have great chemistry. Funny when it needs to be. Oh and Gadot is unbelievably gorgeous.

8/10

without spoiling can you elaborate on what your issues were?

Iron Man 3 was so bad that they're calling Iron Man 4, "Spider-Man: Homecoming".

without spoiling can you elaborate on what your issues were?

Biggest issues for me were the multiple villains, all felt underwhelming. I was also not a fan of the final fight. Felt rushed and very BVS ish.

What is a D.C. shill? I never even watched suicide squad as it looked awful. lol

Seeing Wonder Woman tomorrow

Exerting my insecure masculinity at a female only showing /s

• Upvote (+1) 1

basically agree with havok about ww except felt the ending dragged on too long, there was a little too much slow motion and maybe the CGI was a little funky at times

7.9/10

I thought Wonder Woman was pretty good. It falters in a few places like some of the dialogue, the overly evil germans, so-so villain, and some other things. The film does develop its main two characters well though and its well acted by Gadot and Pine. The "no man's land" scene in the middle was pretty sick too. Agreed on the slow motion and CGI.

@@Havok

Can you elaborate on the multiple villains criticism?

The poison lady is not much more than a henchman and a representation of mankind's darker side in the final battle. Aries is the main villain for Wonder Woman she just doesn't know what body he possesses until the reveal at the end. He's not a very complex or well developed villain but he's not horrible imo. To me it doesn't seem to falter from the multiple villains problem like in BvS, Spiderman 3, and ASM2 where the protagonist has several different main villains at the same time. What about them was underwhelming to you?

no mans land scene was epic and i enjoyed the twist at the end that everyone hated. i couldve done without all the slow-motion

84/100

Really enjoyed Wonder Woman as well, also agree on the weak thrifecta of villains (what a dud of the Ares reveal) and the 3rd act pretty much deflating the film. Diana and Steve's romance and the 2nd act are the clear highlights with her being naive and the fish out of water humor that was reminiscent of Thor. Too much Snyder aesthetic slo-mo for my liking and wish we had more of Themyscira. Easily DCEU's best, which to be fair isn't a high bar to clear.

Hannah John-Kamen of Black Mirror and Spielberg's upcoming Ready Player One fame joining Ant-Man and the Wasp in a vital role!

• Upvote (+1) 1

marvel dgaf about posters

debuting during game4