Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

just saw guardians... wow

yes

Warner Bros. instituting a NO JOKES policy in their DC Comics films...

because Aquaman is not a fucking joke and needs to be treated like Batman.

o ya cuz their biggest movie didnt have a character called THE JOKER who carried the movie or anything....theyre all idiots

Warner Bros. instituting a NO JOKES policy in their DC Comics films...

because Aquaman is not a fucking joke and needs to be treated like Batman.

Warner Brothers are on crack if they think they're heroes can be successful being as serious as The Dark Knight movies
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Warner Brothers are on crack if they think they're heroes can be successful being as serious as The Dark Knight movies

Yeah, certain heroes have their own tones. Batman, Punisher, Daredevil, Hulk: keep it darker, since it's more in line with the character's views on the world. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Guardians, Flash: Keep it lighter.

Joaquin Phoenix in final talks to play Doctor Strange.

hell yeah.

It's that bad and I'm mad because Spider-Man is one of the best superheroes ever created. Sony's whole angle on this universe is bad (Spider-Man is a destined hero), and they should feel bad. Marc Webb is a defeated man, Avi Arad is a cancer and is wasting Andrew Garfield's talent. They were originally going to go with a lower-budgeted, smaller-scale and more intimate series ($70-90 mil; still a lot of money but low in this era) that focused on Parker's relationships, but The Avengers' success made Avi Arad (former Marvel Studios head honcho, dipped after The Incredible Hulk) think that they could do the same. His arrogance would prove him wrong with this clusterfuck of a movie, the underwhelming box office receipts and the behind-the-scenes shuffling to show for it. A talking raccoon and tree have become more popular than Spider-Man.

every time I think of spider man I remember he was on the World Trade Center in the original theatrical trailer prior to 911 and they removed it after, anybody else remember this?

Can we just get Carnage in a Spiderman movie for once? 

That is supposedly happening, but in the Venom spin-off called Carnage Venom. Such a terrible title.

Look at it. It being Vision. AWWWWWW YEAH.

I didn't realize that Paul Bettany voiced Tony Stark's AI, Jarvis and is now also playing Vision. Is there any connection between them in the comics?

I didn't realize that Paul Bettany voiced Tony Stark's AI, Jarvis and is now also playing Vision. Is there any connection between them in the comics?

In the comics, Hank Pym (Ant-Man) is the one who creates Ultron, who ultimately creates Vision as a weapon against the Avengers. However, Marvel is altering the origin to make Tony Stark the creator. It makes sense for many reasons: 

1. Introducing and shoehorning another genius in the Avengers sequel seems a bit derirative since we already have Tony Stark and his ability to create Iron Man suits
  2. Robert ****** Jr. is the moneymaker of this universe. Gives Tony more of a personal stake by making him the creator when shit hits the fan, smart economical storytelling
  3. It makes sense for J.A.R.V.I.S. to become a hero and for Tony to create his own superhero in Ultron given the events of Iron Man 3.
  4. Marvel and Whedon haven't said anything about the possible connection of J.A.R.V.I.S. and Vision, but it makes complete sense.
  • Upvote (+1) 1