Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

so by your standards an 83 minute film of paint drying would be a better film than CW & SS because it isn't as long?

Aight. I gotchu I gotchu.

Just simplifying it

They were both pretty basic movies. They could've done both a lot better.

Maybe it's the because the characters are more new to me in suicide squad(?)

But like I said. The only time I was enjoying Civil War was when Spiderman and/or Paul Rudd was on the screen

I don't care about Captain America or his buddy

Edit: I think i'll have to rewatch it, but I'm kinda burnt out with these movies.

The last fight scene was pretty sick tho

I think the sequel to Civil War will be better

• Niki Caro (​Whale Rider), Lorene Scafaria (Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, The Meddler) and Lesli Linka Glatter (HomelandMad Men lawnmower episode being most notable) on the shortlist for Captain Marvel.

Doug Liman (Bourne Identity, Edge of Tomorrow) leaving Fox's Gambit (third director to leave) for Warner Bros. and DC's Justice League Dark. The great Scott Rudin is producing, but Guillermo del Toro is no longer involved. Question is when this is going to be made. Liman loves "finding" his film during the shoot, which usually leads to delays and overbudget aka his MO since Bourne Identity.

Dan Harmon (creator of Community and Rick and Morty) worked on additional scenes for Doctor Strange. He probably did the Wi-Fi password joke.

The Rogues are rumored to be the villains for The Flash. Excited about that.

Scott Neustadter & Michael H. Weber, screenwriters of (500) Days of Summer and The Spectacular Now, are reuniting with their The Fault in Our Stars director, Josh Boone, for The New Mutants. The lineup will be Danielle Moonstar, Magik (Anya Taylor-Joy of The Witch rumored to be playing her), Wolfsbane (Maisie Williams of Game of Thrones rumored to be playing her), Sunspot and Cannonball.

If they give us Dormammu my pants might 'splode

Some people think that the Dread Dormammu is just possessing Mads Mikkelsen's character as an avatar. I could definitely buy that theory. Another good way to keep Mads around instead of being a one-and-done villain. I believe the dark dimension will be showing up in the film too.

Mads feeds off the energy of a dedicated fanbase so well & can get really stoked about a role (cough Hannibal cough) to give back to that fanbase through his performance. So he pretty much has the potential to be the GOAT MCU villain if given the material to work w/

It will be annoying if Mads is a one-&-done character.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With proper context it does

you said it was boring and had "a lot of nothing going on".....good points man I'd never thought about it that way before...

you said it was boring and had "a lot of nothing going on".....good points man I'd never thought about it that way before...

Obviously that isn't the proper context then

Right?

Don't try to be difficult for the sake of being difficult

Obviously that isn't the proper context then

Right?

Don't try to be difficult for the sake of being difficult

Mate how much more context do you need, I'm practically quoting your exact posts. It's not like you're making incredibly context sensitive statements anyway

But still, Civil War was so so so much better than Suicide Squad. The way it builds up to a big superhero/villain showdown, then completely subverts that trope and has the two main characters fight an incredibly emotional fight. That alone makes it infinitely superior to SS, not to mention the rest of it

Mate how much more context do you need, I'm practically quoting your exact posts. It's not like you're making incredibly context sensitive statements anyway

But still, Civil War was so so so much better than Suicide Squad. The way it builds up to a big superhero/villain showdown, then completely subverts that trope and has the two main characters fight an incredibly emotional fight. That alone makes it infinitely superior to SS, not to mention the rest of it

I never said that suicide squad was better tho.

I saidon't I enjoyed it more.

I never said that suicide squad was better tho.

I saidon't I enjoyed it more.

this literally makes no sense to me

We can use sports as an example. The Penguins won the Stanley Cup last season, but I like the Jets more.

Penguins are better, but I just enjoy watching the Jets more.

Problem I have is when people say "this is better because i liked it more". It's not that simple.

I just mean I don't get how you could like it more. In all honestly I mostly flicked through the film but everything I watched was just so so terrible

I mean everyone has their opinion, ain't no thang. I'm sure there's loads of "terrible" films that I love, I just thought Suicide Squad was atrocious

I just mean I don't get how you could like it more. In all honestly I mostly flicked through the film but everything I watched was just so so terrible

I mean everyone has their opinion, ain't no thang. I'm sure there's loads of "terrible" films that I love, I just thought Suicide Squad was atrocious

The mentality of going into the movie was different than Civil War's

I don't like either move. Just at the time I was watching suicide and thinking "whatever it's nothung special" while civil was I was more"when will this end?!"

Than 4chan leak (make sure to scroll down to see all of the OP's posts filled with bulletpoints) is 99.9% bullshit, but man reading the proposed future of the MCU is pretty exciting.

MILD TO MAJOR SPOILERS

DOCTOR STRANGE

• Time Stone is featured in this, likely the Eye of Agamotto.
  • Mads Mikkelsen's character, Kaecilius, is aligned with Dormammu, who'll be more prominent in the sequels (and hopefully Avengers films).
  • Strange and Mordo will be recurring players in the MCU; sequel already has Cumberbatch (obv) and Ejiofor set to return.
  • The movie takes place simultaneously to the MCU, with Strange's car accident happening right around the time Tony Stark returns from captivity in Afghanistan and his training spanning all the other movies.
  • The studio is being careful with Strange (and Captain Marvel) since they'll be stalwart characters for the MCU after Phase 3.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2

• Kurt Russell's Ego is made out to be the main villain, but it's actually Elizabeth Debicki's Ayesha.
  • Sylvester Stallone and Sharon Stone are playing members of the Ancients (wonder if that's just another name for the Celestials), a race of immortal aliens who hire the Guardians, but who are actually furthering Ayesha's agenda.
  • The Kree will have a bigger role in this film. (Hmm, Marvel does have the rights to most of the Skrulls)
  • Mantis is Star-Lord's half-sister.
  • No Infinity Stones and Thanos in this (confirmed by Gunn), but they'll be referenced.
  • The ending leads directly into Avengers: Infinity War.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

• This will have lower stakes (which makes sense) and a lower budget (Ant-Man's $130 mil production budget is the lowest so far in the MCU) in relation to the other MCU movies.
  • The movie centers on Peter Parker struggling to balance his personal life and superhero life (shocker). He's the new kid at a prestigious school (thanks to Tony in Captain America: Civil War) and is trying to ask Liz Allen out to the homecoming dance while also dealing with his first supervillain, the Vulture.
  • Adrien Toomes, aka the Vulture, is a military scientist who creates a wingsuit using the Chitauri alien technology from The Avengers and gets fired from it. 
  • The Tinkerer, a former Starks Industries employee, supplies high-tech weaponry to criminals and is eventually coerced to help the Vulture. He also provides weapons to Shocker (played by Bokeem Woodbine), who'll be the opening antagonist.
  • Zendaya and Tony Revolori were originally going to play original characters named Michelle and Manuel, respectively, but became Mary Jane Watson and Flash Thompson, respectively, with the last script rewrite.
  • Tony Stark's role in the movie is minor and doesn't appear as Iron Man. He's there to give Peter some life advice and is keeping the Accords off of Peter since he's only dealing with street crimes, but might not be able to protect him if he keeps branching out to supervillains.

THOR: RAGNAROK

• The movie will be "The Winter Soldier" of Phase 3, just like what Feige said at the October 2014 Phase 3 announcement event.
  • Loki betrays both sides in this film and tries to get back into Thanos' good graces after failing him in The Avengers by revealing the locations of all the Infinity stones.
  • Thor, Hulk and Valkyrie are on this "cosmic road trip" to find the Soul Stone.
  • Skurge is Hela's champion, but follows her under false pretenses. Sounds like Skurge is getting that awesome redemptive arc in Thor #362.
  • Surtur and Fenris Wolf are appearing (confirmed at SDCC with concept art and storyboards).

BLACK PANTHER

• This will be Marvel's "geopolitical thriller" and most serious film yet.
  • Erik Killmonger (played by Michael B. Jordan), a childhood rival of T'Challa and Wakanda's finest warrior, will be the main villain. Plans to usurp the throne, believing it was his to take, with help from Ulysses Klaue (played by Andy Serkis in Avengers: Age of Ultron).
  • Nakia, played by Lupita Nyong'o, is childhood friends with T'Challa and Killmonger and ultimately a love triangle forms between them.
  • Killmonger uses the Accords and plans to trigger a war between Wakanda, an isolationist country, and the United Nations.
  • Secretary Thunderbolt Ross, played by William Hurt, is expected to be heavily featured and Tony Stark is expected to show up as well.
  • Bucky aka the Winter Soldier is expected to have a supporting role and be brought back from cryo-freeze.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

• The movie centers on Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne being on the run after the events of Captain America: Civil War, trying to prevent the Ant-Man technology falling into the wrong hands. (Heh, technically Secretary Ross and the Accords got their hands on it after Lang was arrested in Civil War)
  • Hank Pym will return, but will be taken out of commission for a large portion of the film.
  • Luis (played by Michael Pena) will return, but the other two, Dave and Kurt (played by T.I. and David Dastmalchian respectively), probably won't. Instead, they'll introduce other criminal associates of Luis.
  • Maggie (played by Judy Greer) and Cassie Lang are expected to come back, but Paxton, played by Bobby Cannavale, may be written out.
  • The original Wasp will appear (not a shocker), although there's no official shortlist and no offers have been made.
  • Secretary Ross will appear in the film.
  • Eric O'Grady, the third Ant-Man in the comics, will be featured as a government-sponsored Ant-Man.
  • We'll see more of the Microverse that was teased at the end of the first film.
  • The main villains will be heavily reinterpreted versions of Egghead and Whirlwind, with the former being Pym's nemesis during the Cold War.

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Carol Danvers will get her powers in Avengers: Infinity War after an encounter with Kree technology during the battle with Thanos.
  • Yon-Rogg will be the main villain.
  • The supporting cast is still being figured out, but Monica Rambeau (known as Captain Marvel, Photon, Pulsar and Spectrum in the comics) and Karla Sofen aka Moonstone, a supervillain.
  • There are discussions to include Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel from the comics, and whether or not to give Carol Danvers a love interest.
  • The studio is being careful with this (and Doctor Strange) since they'll be stalwart characters for the MCU after Phase 3.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

• Marvel Studios originally planned for one big movie split into two parts (per norm in Hollywood), but the Russos preferred to make them standalone stories that compliment each other.
  • The first film, Avengers: Infinity War, will center on the Avengers trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the gauntlet. The Mad Titan arrives on Earth trying to take the Mind Stone and Time Stone from Vision and Doctor Strange, respectively, leading to a glorious battle.
  • The Avengers will still be fractured in this movie; not all the heroes are expected to show up, but Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier and Vision will. The Guardians of the Galaxy are expected to show up in the third act of the film.
  • The Vision bites the dust early on and Carol Danvers is introduced as a soldier helping the Avengers fend off Thanos and the Deviants' (his army) attack.
  • Loki will be in both films as Thanos' adviser, although he's secretly conspiring against him as well.
  • Scarlet Witch will be pivotal to Thanos' defeat. The movie will end with the Avengers thinking they've defeated Thanos, when they actually haven't. He'll return with the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet in "Avengers 4"...
  • Speaking of, the tentative titles for "Avengers 4" include The Thanos Imperative, Thanos War, and Infinity Crusade.
  • Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel will conclude all the overarching storylines from the MCU all the way back to Iron Man while planting seeds for the new status quo in Phase 4 and beyond.

OTHER MARVEL NEWS

• Marvel Studios and Fox's relations have begun to improve, with the former allowing Deadpool to feature a helicarrier. Fox recognizes that they could be managing the X-Men property better, and there have been talks with Marvel to help map out an expansive X-Men universe that helps Fox use the properties better in exchange for the Fantastic Four.
  • Bucky, played by Sebastian Stan, was propped up to the replacement for Captain America when it looked like Chris Evans wasn't going to return post-Infinity War. He has changed his mind (likely due to the cheap Perlmutter being ousted) and Bucky will stay as the Winter Soldier for now and might get a spin-off franchise. One of the ideas is to pair him up with Black Widow, should Scarlett Johansson renew her contract, or maybe with Falcon given their chemistry in Captain America: Civil War.
  • Iron Man is considered the lead character of the MCU throughout the first three phases, but Captain America and Black Widow will be the new leads in Phase 4 and beyond (assuming Johansson comes back).
  • Marvel has decided against recasting Tony Stark with RDJ being too ingrained in people's minds. However, they are considering the possibility of having someone else take the mantle. It won't be Don Cheadle since he's too old.

PHASE 4

• Iron Man is expected to die in "Avengers 4" due to RDJ's contract expiring and it being the most logical resolution to his overarching storyline.
  • Chris Evans has already renewed his contract.
  • Thor might die, but negotiations with Chris Hemsworth is still ongoing.
  • Scarlett Johansson might renew her contract, but Jeremy Renner probably won't.
  • Mark Ruffalo is still under contract for more movies and won't die.
  • Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are expected to take even more prominent roles.
  • There's interest in She-Hulk, but it's complicated with Universal having the distribution rights to Hulk movies. 
  • There's also some interest in bringing Hercules to the big screen (which would be awesome, especially if they bring Amadeus Cho too).
  • Feige and co. are interested in further exploring the political aspects of the MCU, especially with Norman Osborn back into the catalog. Interested in doing the Dark Reign storyline and introducing Sentry.
  • They're also interested in adapting Secret Invasion, which would need to be carefully laid out over several films.
  • Renewed interest in Thunderbolts after Suicide Squad.
  • Inhumans still in-development, but likely scrapped due to the fallout with Ike Perlmutter and the species being introduced in the TV department in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Than 4chan leak (make sure to scroll down to see all of the OP's posts filled with bulletpoints) is 99.9% bullshit, but man reading the proposed future of the MCU is pretty exciting.

MILD TO MAJOR SPOILERS

DOCTOR STRANGE

• Time Stone is featured in this, likely the Eye of Agamotto.
  • Mads Mikkelsen's character, Kaecilius, is aligned with Dormammu, who'll be more prominent in the sequels (and hopefully Avengers films).
  • Strange and Mordo will be recurring players in the MCU; sequel already has Cumberbatch (obv) and Ejiofor set to return.
  • The movie takes place simultaneously to the MCU, with Strange's car accident happening right around the time Tony Stark returns from captivity in Afghanistan and his training spanning all the other movies.
  • The studio is being careful with Strange (and Captain Marvel) since they'll be stalwart characters for the MCU after Phase 3.
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2
  • Kurt Russell's Ego is made out to be the main villain, but it's actually Elizabeth Debicki's Ayesha.
  • Sylvester Stallone and Sharon Stone are playing members of the Ancients (wonder if that's just another name for the Celestials), a race of immortal aliens who hire the Guardians, but who are actually furthering Ayesha's agenda.
  • The Kree will have a bigger role in this film. (Hmm, Marvel does have the rights to most of the Skrulls)
  • Mantis is Star-Lord's half-sister.
  • No Infinity Stones and Thanos in this (confirmed by Gunn), but they'll be referenced.
  • The ending leads directly into Avengers: Infinity War.
SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING
  • This will have lower stakes (which makes sense) and a lower budget (Ant-Man's $130 mil production budget is the lowest so far in the MCU) in relation to the other MCU movies.
  • The movie centers on Peter Parker struggling to balance his personal life and superhero life (shocker). He's the new kid at a prestigious school (thanks to Tony in Captain America: Civil War) and is trying to ask Liz Allen out to the homecoming dance while also dealing with his first supervillain, the Vulture.
  • Adrien Toomes, aka the Vulture, is a military scientist who creates a wingsuit using the Chitauri alien technology from The Avengers and gets fired from it.
  • The Tinkerer, a former Starks Industries employee, supplies high-tech weaponry to criminals and is eventually coerced to help the Vulture. He also provides weapons to Shocker (played by Bokeem Woodbine), who'll be the opening antagonist.
  • Zendaya and Tony Revolori were originally going to play original characters named Michelle and Manuel, respectively, but became Mary Jane Watson and Flash Thompson, respectively, with the last script rewrite.
  • Tony Stark's role in the movie is minor and doesn't appear as Iron Man. He's there to give Peter some life advice and is keeping the Accords off of Peter since he's only dealing with street crimes, but might not be able to protect him if he keeps branching out to supervillains.
THOR: RAGNAROK
  • The movie will be "The Winter Soldier" of Phase 3, just like what Feige said at the October 2014 Phase 3 announcement event.
  • Loki betrays both sides in this film and tries to get back into Thanos' good graces after failing him in The Avengers by revealing the locations of all the Infinity stones.
  • Thor, Hulk and Valkyrie are on this "cosmic road trip" to find the Soul Stone.
  • Skurge is Hela's champion, but follows her under false pretenses. Sounds like Skurge is getting that awesome redemptive arc in Thor #362.
  • Surtur and Fenris Wolf are appearing (confirmed at SDCC with concept art and storyboards).
BLACK PANTHER
  • This will be Marvel's "geopolitical thriller" and most serious film yet.
  • Erik Killmonger (played by Michael B. Jordan), a childhood rival of T'Challa and Wakanda's finest warrior, will be the main villain. Plans to usurp the throne, believing it was his to take, with help from Ulysses Klaue (played by Andy Serkis in Avengers: Age of Ultron).
  • Nakia, played by Lupita Nyong'o, is childhood friends with T'Challa and Killmonger and ultimately a love triangle forms between them.
  • Killmonger uses the Accords and plans to trigger a war between Wakanda, an isolationist country, and the United Nations.
  • Secretary Thunderbolt Ross, played by William Hurt, is expected to be heavily featured and Tony Stark is expected to show up as well.
  • Bucky aka the Winter Soldier is expected to have a supporting role and be brought back from cryo-freeze.
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP
  • The movie centers on Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne being on the run after the events of Captain America: Civil War, trying to prevent the Ant-Man technology falling into the wrong hands. (Heh, technically Secretary Ross and the Accords got their hands on it after Lang was arrested in Civil War)
  • Hank Pym will return, but will be taken out of commission for a large portion of the film.
  • Luis (played by Michael Pena) will return, but the other two, Dave and Kurt (played by T.I. and David Dastmalchian respectively), probably won't. Instead, they'll introduce other criminal associates of Luis.
  • Maggie (played by Judy Greer) and Cassie Lang are expected to come back, but Paxton, played by Bobby Cannavale, may be written out.
  • The original Wasp will appear (not a shocker), although there's no official shortlist and no offers have been made.
  • Secretary Ross will appear in the film.
  • Eric O'Grady, the third Ant-Man in the comics, will be featured as a government-sponsored Ant-Man.
  • We'll see more of the Microverse that was teased at the end of the first film.
  • The main villains will be heavily reinterpreted versions of Egghead and Whirlwind, with the former being Pym's nemesis during the Cold War.
CAPTAIN MARVEL
  • Carol Danvers will get her powers in Avengers: Infinity War after an encounter with Kree technology during the battle with Thanos.
  • Yon-Rogg will be the main villain.
  • The supporting cast is still being figured out, but Monica Rambeau (known as Captain Marvel, Photon, Pulsar and Spectrum in the comics) and Karla Sofen aka Moonstone, a supervillain.
  • There are discussions to include Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel from the comics, and whether or not to give Carol Danvers a love interest.
  • The studio is being careful with this (and Doctor Strange) since they'll be stalwart characters for the MCU after Phase 3.
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
  • Marvel Studios originally planned for one big movie split into two parts (per norm in Hollywood), but the Russos preferred to make them standalone stories that compliment each other.
  • The first film, Avengers: Infinity War, will center on the Avengers trying to prevent Thanos from assembling the gauntlet. The Mad Titan arrives on Earth trying to take the Mind Stone and Time Stone from Vision and Doctor Strange, respectively, leading to a glorious battle.
  • The Avengers will still be fractured in this movie; not all the heroes are expected to show up, but Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier and Vision will. The Guardians of the Galaxy are expected to show up in the third act of the film.
  • The Vision bites the dust early on and Carol Danvers is introduced as a soldier helping the Avengers fend off Thanos and the Deviants' (his army) attack.
  • Loki will be in both films as Thanos' adviser, although he's secretly conspiring against him as well.
  • Scarlet Witch will be pivotal to Thanos' defeat. The movie will end with the Avengers thinking they've defeated Thanos, when they actually haven't. He'll return with the full power of the Infinity Gauntlet in "Avengers 4"...
  • Speaking of, the tentative titles for "Avengers 4" include The Thanos Imperative, Thanos War, and Infinity Crusade.
  • Avengers: Infinity War and its sequel will conclude all the overarching storylines from the MCU all the way back to Iron Man while planting seeds for the new status quo in Phase 4 and beyond.
OTHER MARVEL NEWS
  • Marvel Studios and Fox's relations have begun to improve, with the former allowing Deadpool to feature a helicarrier. Fox recognizes that they could be managing the X-Men property better, and there have been talks with Marvel to help map out an expansive X-Men universe that helps Fox use the properties better in exchange for the Fantastic Four.
  • Bucky, played by Sebastian Stan, was propped up to the replacement for Captain America when it looked like Chris Evans wasn't going to return post-Infinity War. He has changed his mind (likely due to the cheap Perlmutter being ousted) and Bucky will stay as the Winter Soldier for now and might get a spin-off franchise. One of the ideas is to pair him up with Black Widow, should Scarlett Johansson renew her contract, or maybe with Falcon given their chemistry in Captain America: Civil War.
  • Iron Man is considered the lead character of the MCU throughout the first three phases, but Captain America and Black Widow will be the new leads in Phase 4 and beyond (assuming Johansson comes back).
  • Marvel has decided against recasting Tony Stark with RDJ being too ingrained in people's minds. However, they are considering the possibility of having someone else take the mantle. It won't be Don Cheadle since he's too old.
PHASE 4
  • Iron Man is expected to die in "Avengers 4" due to RDJ's contract expiring and it being the most logical resolution to his overarching storyline.
  • Chris Evans has already renewed his contract.
  • Thor might die, but negotiations with Chris Hemsworth is still ongoing.
  • Scarlett Johansson might renew her contract, but Jeremy Renner probably won't.
  • Mark Ruffalo is still under contract for more movies and won't die.
  • Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are expected to take even more prominent roles.
  • There's interest in She-Hulk, but it's complicated with Universal having the distribution rights to Hulk movies.
  • There's also some interest in bringing Hercules to the big screen (which would be awesome, especially if they bring Amadeus Cho too).
  • Feige and co. are interested in further exploring the political aspects of the MCU, especially with Norman Osborn back into the catalog. Interested in doing the Dark Reign storyline and introducing Sentry.
  • They're also interested in adapting Secret Invasion, which would need to be carefully laid out over several films.
  • Renewed interest in Thunderbolts after Suicide Squad.
  • Inhumans still in-development, but likely scrapped due to the fallout with Ike Perlmutter and the species being introduced in the TV department in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I want to believe

• Upvote (+1) 1