Reason

Comic-Book Movie & TV Thread

• Casting for David "Micro" Lieberman, aka The Punisher's sidekick who provides weapons, intel, etc, is underway. Really hope they go with Jason Alexander or effing Giamatti.

Cyborg confirmed for The Flash.

Jared Leto says "Fuck em" to Warner Bros. and his multi-film contract with them for the Joker.

• Casting for David "Micro" Lieberman, aka The Punisher's sidekick who provides weapons, intel, etc, is underway. Really hope they go with Jason Alexander or effing Giamatti.
  • Cyborg confirmed for The Flash.
  • Jared Leto says "Fuck em" to Warner Bros. and his multi-film contract with them for the Joker.

Didn't he say fuck em about the rock climbing etc. in his contract...

Now that we got the full context, yes whoops.

Leto not hiding his displeasure is hilarious though. 

honestly would be fine if they recasted him, he made no impression on my during the movie.

thats true, they cut his best scenes according to leto, although its easy to just say that when we'll never see said scenes.

Mary Jane is black in the movie? Seems like a token change to me although it's not a big deal.

Mary Jane is black in the movie? Seems like a token change to me although it's not a big deal.

Trying to over correct for not using Miles Morales

I don't think Miles was ever in play since he's a legacy character. Plus, he's already going to be the lead in the animated Spidey film from Phil Lord & Chris Miller.

Zendaya half-white too!

Then again, it's only a rumor so far and the actress described "Michelle" as an "intellectual, likes reading" type, which sounds very much like Gwen IMO.

• Michael Pena confirmed for Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • Vin Diesel with a shocker: The Guardians of the Galaxy will meet the Avengers in Avengers: Infinity War.
  • According to el mayimbe of The Wrap, Marvel and the Russos are casting three new characters (all motion-captured too) for Avengers: infinity War. Black Order? Mar-Vell? Adam Warlock? Hmmm....
  • A leaked callsheet (via reddit, so grain of salt) confirming some rumors: Bokeem Woodbine (Fargo season 2) is Shocker, Angourie Rice (The Nice Guys) is Betty Brant (played by Elizabeth Banks in Raimi's trilogy), Kenneth Choi (who played Jim Morita in The First Avenger) is playing Principle Morita, grandson of Jim Morita.

DJav0YsW.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thor: Ragnarok may be the surprise hit of Phase 3 that's being slept on.

• Taika Waititi directing
  • Going very retro if that logo and hiring Mark Mothersbaugh of Devo to compose are any indicators...
  • 90%/10% cosmic/earth ratio.
  • New cast: Blanchett, Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban
  • Returning cast + Ruffalo going Gladiator Hulk
  • Adapting aspects of Planet Hulk
  • MINOR SPOILERS: these set photos of Anthony Hopkins confirm + a certain card

the rumors of Odin being banished to Earth offscreen by Loki during Thor: The Dark World. He's being presented as one of those hobos who predict that the apocalypse is near/end-is-nigh bs.

Also, Thor and Loki may seek Doctor Strange's assistance with the former holding a card with the address of the Sanctum Sanctorum, the Sorcerer Supreme's home in Greenwich Village.

Plus, the guardians facing the Abilisk in some concept art.

Cqe4xL1UEAA7Mb-.jpg

one of the best action films of the decade so far imo

I'm a big fan of Godzilla. Watched all of the movies growing up.

Only the first half was good. Why kill the only character you really care about? And then barely show off godzilla?

Maybe if they made the kid a little more important, but the transition from the father to the son seemed kind of rushed

What are the 10 best comic book/super hero films?

1.Dark Knight

2. Spider-Man 2

3. Winter Soldier

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Iron Man

6. Civil War

7. Avengers

8. Batman Begins

9. Days of Future Past

10. Spider-Man

Unbreakable, Batman 1989, Watchmen and X2 could all be up there too

If we're talking comic books, graphic novels, etc and not just superheroes, then I need to have Scott Pilgrim in my top3.

I actually enjoyed suicide squad more than civil war

Don't care if civil war has this or that. They were both boring. Civil War felt dragged out and a lot of nothing going on

Only time I was enjoying the movie was when spiderman and paul rudd were on the screen

Suicide Squad could've been something special. From a group of villains the movie should've been more mature

The characters in Suicide Squad are only villain in-name, but were basically an inferior version of The Avengers. Ayer had to keep reminding us that they're the bad guys, lol. They really needed to be more villainous. 

And Margot Robbie's Brooklyn accent became increasingly grating.

I actually enjoyed suicide squad more than civil war

ZHXbriL.gif

They were both boring. Suicide squad wasn't as long. Therefore more enjoyable

so by your standards an 83 minute film of paint drying would be a better film than CW & SS because it isn't as long?

Aight. I gotchu I gotchu.

• Upvote (+1) 1