The Snazzer

You are 343, who would you hire?

I would prefer mediocre Code from a person who actually likes what made Halo great, than perfect amazing code from someone who thinks that the CE pistol is overpowered and that giving someone a random weapon from the sky is a good idea.

This is what people need to see. The code for H4 isn't bad code, but the concepts that the code then implements aren't good. The code itself does exactly what it's supposed to do, making it at the very least, decent code.

OT:

Kat

Ghost

cT

Gandhi

aPK

Testers can be:

Noob

Joshington

Walshy

Ola

• Upvote (+1) 1

The next people to make Halo IMHO aren't going to be 343 or any AAA studio. it's going to be dedicated fans of Halo CE or Halo 2 making an independent spiritual successor, and though it may not be titled "Halo" it will be more Halo than any game which will receive that title from here on out. I don't think it's my place to decide who those people are as only their passion will allow them to sacrifice enough to make their dream a reality (and mine too).

Loving Halo isn't getting a job at 343, it's actually making Halo.

<3 everyone.

If anyone wonders why Ive been quieter than usual its cause I'm currently on vacation. I did catch a 25lb striped bass yesterday though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

<3 everyone.

If anyone wonders why Ive been quieter than usual its cause I'm currently on vacation. I did catch a 25lb striped bass yesterday though.

*Throws 9Lb bass pic in the trash can* 

I think 343 should make a forgers competition where the best map(s) make it into H5, but reworked for the new mechanics. Otherwise, just hire the top forgers, they make better maps than 343.

John Howard.

Also, Chaos Theory, Cursed Lemon, Jeenyus, and Doju.  

Does Howard even work on sequels? I know he helped to create Halo CE, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, and now hes the creative director of a new project(not sure what it is yet but I heard he was at Blacktusk studios now) it seems like he prefers to make new series rather than sequels.

I would fire everyone at 343 and hire Naughty Dog to make it.

Naughty Dog gets to make the Campaign after they 5 design the core and MM. That'd be an amaaaaaaaazing game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Srs:

1. Ghost as Multiplayer designer

2. Lemon as franchise director

3. Gandhi as community manager - Can you fuckin imagine the lols? 

4. Menke is already there (Based God of ranking systems)

5. Sam Rambles (Cheers Lemon)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would fire everyone at 343 and hire Naughty Dog to make it.

Yeah because Uncharted multiplayer is so much better. I love them, but let's not over-exaggerated here. Uncharted MP was decent at best.

Nintendo. Same core gameplay with new bells and whistles has been working for them for decades. Maybe they could get it to work for Halo, which for some reason needs to drastically change every few years.  

Gh057ayame for spawns and map weapons, salot for map creation, john williams for musical scoring, Samuel Jackson (somebody needs to voice Sgt. Johnson Jr.), Mr Pokephile (if you don't know who he is he isn't competitive but he does a lot for the casual community with maps and gametypes)

OH!

Pete The Duck for over seeing Customs and Forge. You may not have heard of him, but he's the friggin' custom game king. 

I said "inspire" I know you need a degree and experience for a real position,...

Why? There are people here that can eloquently explain game concepts very effectively and very knowledgeably (like why flinch does work with CoD but cannot work with Halo) that I suspect have never gone to game dev school.

The next people to make Halo IMHO aren't going to be 343 or any AAA studio. it's going to be dedicated fans of Halo CE or Halo 2 making an independent spiritual successor, and though it may not be titled "Halo" it will be more Halo than any game which will receive that title from here on out. I don't think it's my place to decide who those people are as only their passion will allow them to sacrifice enough to make their dream a reality (and mine too).

Loving Halo isn't getting a job at 343, it's actually making Halo.

when i turn 18 im gunna make the best halo game ever with all of my money... that i cant touch until im 18 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

1.cT

2. Cursed Lemon

3. menotyou135

4. D0JU and co. (made Landfall amazing)

5. Ghandi

Honorable mention: Katastrophe

p.s. Someone should compile the results. Give a point for each person mentioned.

Untitled_zps2a959c58.jpg

Game Development is more than just a couple of guys with good ideas. Most if not all people hired in the industry have to be multi talented and be competent in may different disciplines, Just having good ideas is not going to cut it. I have much respect for many of those mentioned above but its not that simple. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Untitled_zps2a959c58.jpg

Game Development is more than just a couple of guys with good ideas. Most if not all people hired in the industry have to be multi talented and be competent in may different disciplines, Just having good ideas is not going to cut it. I have much respect for many of those mentioned above but its not that simple.

That is funny. If Halo 4 is the culmination of all those good ideas I think we missed out on a couple more.... No Sprint?