Sign in to follow this  
logan

Smoke Grenades In Halo, Good or Bad?

Do you or don't you want pulse grenades in the game?

Yeah, but wanting PGs in the game =/= wanting different grenades for every possible scenario.

Yeah, but wanting PGs in the game =/= wanting different grenades for every possible scenario.

How about you just deal with the fact that someone beat you to the high ground, instead of bringing in a mechanic that causes a million headaches?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why stop there though? Flashbangs and teargas too. Then we can customize our loadouts with gasmasks and thermal vision

Rainbow Six 3 Halo 4 - Combat Devolved

How about you just deal with the fact that someone beat you to the high ground, instead of bringing in a mechanic that causes a million headaches?

I am dealing with the fact that they beat me to the high ground... Specifically, I am dealing with it with PGs. It's not like having the high ground becomes irrelevant just because of PGs...

What headaches do they cause?

I was wondering what everyone thought about smoke grenades being put into Halo. And if it would be a good or bad thing to add in for the game.

I feel like it would make everything more intense. Not only in just pushes, but also in escaping and creating distractions. Resulting in more people wanting to play/watch, etc.

EDIT: Also I think this would only work if it was no sprint and if it was a pick up on the map. (Meaning players don't just spawn with it. That would be pure chaos). Also the nade would have to be a short radius for a short amount of time. This way players still can predict where the opponent went to instead of being left in the dark.

Smoke gernades slow down gameplay, ruin 1v1 encounters and team fights.

I am dealing with the fact that they beat me to the high ground... Specifically, I am dealing with it with PGs. It's not like having the high ground becomes irrelevant just because of PGs...

What headaches do they cause?

You do understand that the point of grenades IN THE FIRST PLACE is to prevent against camping, right? 

Not to serve as a major offensive option. 

You do understand that the point of grenades IN THE FIRST PLACE is to prevent against camping, right? 

Not to serve as a major offensive option. 

You realize that camping is inherently defensive and, offense is impossible while camping. 

So if they are an offensive option, then they are used to counter the defensive option.

You realize that camping is inherently defensive and, offense is impossible while camping. 

So if they are an offensive option, then they are used to counter the defensive option.

...Semantics?

And offense is absolutely possible while camping. Hello Snowbound.

• Upvote (+1) 1