Gardner

If you aren't playing Halo 4, why?

Playing umvc3... though my teammates may be coming back for agl wired so I may also be playing again.

The game is very boring to just play, but I always love competing against other teams. My teammates are also all great guys and I have fun with them.

Add me for marvel

Playing umvc3... though my teammates may be coming back for agl wired so I may also be playing again.

I believe my execution for FGs is slowly returning.  Hmu whenever you wanna play

This question has been asked a billion times. It's the same question "why don't you like Halo 4"?

If you've been around here for quite some time the answers are clear. 

PoDs

Loadouts

AAs(because you spawn with them)

Sprint

No descope

No ranking system(CSR isn't that great and isn't in-game)

Too much bullet magnetism

Too much aim assist

BR is still crap like in H3

Strafe isn't that great

Maps aren't the best

Ruined flag

Ruined Oddball

Ruined KoTH

Took out so many game types for no reason

It's a gross hybyrid, it's no longer "Halo"

They changed too much for no reason or for poor reasons. Like why did they take away the headshot medal? That was my favourite medal in the game and now it's gone and for what reason? 

There's more reasons, but these are you basic reasons why people aren't play Halo 4.

The game is very boring to just play, but I always love competing against other teams. My teammates are also all great guys and I have fun with them.

For me, even playing with my friends this game is extremely dull. No fun at all.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've tried to make it work, but I just don't care anymore. The more I read about Halo and the developer's take on the competitive scene, the more I realize that they absolutely have no idea what made Halo so successful, from a casual or competitive standpoint. They have no intention of improving Halo 4 to be a better game and admitting that things like sprint are flat out wrong. I had hoped to follow up my "Believe in Us" video with more videos, each one explaining why things like sprint and flinch cripple the Halo gameplay... but I just don't care anymore.

I'm just waiting for some concrete stuff about the next title's multiplayer. If it's better, I'll come back with a passion. If it's not, I'll just keep playing League. Riot is doing shit fucking right. If anyone plays LoL, add me: XbLKat. I almost exclusively play Ezreal because blue build OP.

• Upvote (+1) 7

BE version: Game is not enjoyable

THC version: The game sucks

MLG version: Fuck this game

cant say a game sucks.  thats rude

• Upvote (+1) 5

I dont have fun playing it...

easy as that.

Well... lol. There needs to be reasons for not having fun playing it. I'm sure the list i made sums up why you don't play it, but that "because" argument is was differentiates us from other communities. Not to call other communities out, but there's a lot of "i like Halo because" that goes around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate games that force me to use inconsistent weapons to be the most useful I can be (BR), no individual skill, BR is easy as balls to use, game is as slow as H3 and it's just boring

The game might be worse than H3 and that is very hard for me to say

To be perfectly fair, the reason you have to use an inconsistent weapon is because MLG kids talk the talk but can't walk the walk when it comes to wanting competitive settings. Everyone who knows anything about competitive FPSes understands why the DMR, Carbine, and even Light Rifle are better options for starting weapons. Yet all the "competitive" settings have a 3-bullet burst fire weapon that isn't very accurate or useful at long range. I couldn't believe people were upset about the 5sk BR when people found out because I was just thinking "Who cares? Surely everyone will want to use a nice single shot DMR, right?"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I believe my execution for FGs is slowly returning.  Hmu whenever you wanna play

Off topic, but what's your squad in MvC3?

Because 343 even admitted Halo 4 is dead, saying they aren't going to tackle our main concerns or devote many resources to continue improving the game. There is only so much settings can do, and the base of Halo 4 is pretty bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I finished forging a map this weekend and didn't see any friends online to try to play on it. So I popped in my reach disc and began playing invasion, anniversary, and a couple others. I normally would never go back to "the old game " because I don't ever want to live in the past. But the present isn't fun. I love the rich colors in mm lobby, the theme music, and the game play. I will now probably be playing as much reach as halo 4 ....or more.

My biggest issue was remembering I did not have sprint, how to crouch and I could not back put of voting. But hey, no JIP and with comparable population I waited much less to game start.

To be perfectly fair, the reason you have to use an inconsistent weapon is because MLG kids talk the talk but can't walk the walk when it comes to wanting competitive settings. Everyone who knows anything about competitive FPSes understands why the DMR, Carbine, and even Light Rifle are better options for starting weapons. Yet all the "competitive" settings have a 3-bullet burst fire weapon that isn't very accurate or useful at long range. I couldn't believe people were upset about the 5sk BR when people found out because I was just thinking "Who cares? Surely everyone will want to use a nice single shot DMR, right?"

Yeah I was posting heavily on mlg forums about the BR vs DMR debate.  Even when we looked at pros stats of DMR and BR headshot statistics and the DMR was around 6%-8% lower than the BR people still thought that the BR was somehow a harder weapon to use.  But i guess a gun you can sweep with is more competitive, oh well

Off topic, but what's your squad in MvC3?

ill post it on ot of gd just so we don't derail this and can discuss it there

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, there is nothing to play for. This isn't a bash to AGL because I've been supporting AGL since Day 1, but nothing can compare to the motivation of the old Halo days. Even with how bad Halo Reach was in 2011, there was still that motivation to be a pro player, to play on the mainstage, to go to events, to get better so you could maybe go to an event, etc. The Halo 4 GC was an amazing event and AGL continues to get better and better every event, but for me personally, there isn't any motivation to play right now. Besides the  problems with the game (Team Throwdown teammates quitting out left and right being one of the main ones for me) there just isn't anything to truly play for.

This question has been asked a billion times. It's the same question "why don't you like Halo 4"?

Eh, its different. I didn't really enjoy the game but I still played it for a long time because it was "Halo"

I would've loved to see what would happen if Reach v7 would've been at MLG Dallas and not H4, but who knows.

I wouldn't say that I've quit playing, but I just haven't played it in about a month now.  It's mainly due to a combination of school starting up and that I picked up Black Ops 2 for $30 at Best Buy, and have been playing that a little bit.  Don't get me wrong, I still love Halo, but it's been nice to get a little change of pace with CoD for once, and this is game is definitely an improvement from the last CoD game I played (I think Modern Warfare 2 was the last time I played CoD before this).

Halo 4 isn't great, obviously, and it lacks a lot of the addicting qualities that past games have had, but it still has a pretty strong "Halo" taste and I'm already getting the urge to start playing it again.

Honestly, the reason is PC gaming. Games might be highly optimized on consoles, but I would rather have my GTX 760 SLI. I would rather have a beautiful, quiet computer case with sound dampening and 3TB worth of storage. I would rather have a TRUE "all in 1" that I can both work and play on.

Consoles are cheap HTPC devices with insufficient cooling and can not be upgraded. I can plug a USB joypad into my PC if I want to play a game that is designed for the sticks. Its so sad that I cant play Halo with advanced PC graphics options.

Console games literally have a frame cap(30/60) so that they do not expose the consoles for the POS that they are.

I still play H4 on occasion but I don't have the urge to play it as I did with H1-H3. Even if I could put up with all of the problems with H4's gameplay, the matchmaking system blows. Customs are tolerable (despite the lack of options in the settings).

Three somewhat related reasons:

1) It doesn't really feel like Halo. I can somewhat tolerate sprint, but I dislike being confined to specific playlists to avoid the personal loadouts & wildly varying ordnance.

2) Some of the maps in the playlists I do derive some enjoyment have annoyed me since day 1 (Solari, Dispatch, Station 9) and are still around.

3) Almost none of my close friends that I made through Halo play it any more, and this ties in heavily to their feelings on my first two points being even stronger than my own.

I WANT to play Halo 4, but there's just so little reason to when the option are to search either Throwdown or Doubles alone, neither of which particularly appeal. I get on and play when there are reliable people I have fun with also on, but most of the hours I'd spend playing in previous games just go into browsing the internet, playing singleplayer games, or attempting to make myself useful by running errands for anyone in my family that needs anything doing.

I don't hate the game, I just struggle to not get frustrated by it outside of a few specific scenarios, and although I appreciate most of the changes 343 has made since November it still doesn't have the magic back yet - it's an exact repeat of what happened to Reach; the game is so fragmented into different settings groups due to 343 trying to please everyone that it just breeds apathy because people want consistency across the base playlists. In Reach we had Default, Evolved, and various community settings (MLG, Griffball, etc). Now we have Infinity, Legendary, Pro, and various community settings (Throwdown, Grifball, etc).