Gardner

If you aren't playing Halo 4, why?

I'll always love halo, I actually like halo 4, the skill level even in halo 4 to succeed surpasses the level you need to be successful in black ops. I feel like with the amount that I play of Halo 4, I shouldn't be capable of putting in black ops, a game I play rarely and be the best person in a match. I can say I had way more fun playing halo 3, I suppose it was harder to play so being successful became more enjoyable. 

Honestly, the reason is PC gaming. Games might be highly optimized on consoles, but I would rather have my GTX 760 SLI. I would rather have a beautiful, quiet computer case with sound dampening and 3TB worth of storage. I would rather have a TRUE "all in 1" that I can both work and play on.

Consoles are cheap HTPC devices with insufficient cooling and can not be upgraded. I can plug a USB joypad into my PC if I want to play a game that is designed for the sticks. Its so sad that I cant play Halo with advanced PC graphics options.

Console games literally have a frame cap(30/60) so that they do not expose the consoles for the POS that they are.

Tell me how good GTA V plays on the PC. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

School is back for one and Halo 4 isn't fun too play and there are better things I can spend my time on then wasting it on this shit game.

All the random bs gameplay elements implemented into the game to force it to be more like COD and a easier game with lower skill-gap, Sprint, Flinch, and No-Descope, all add to the reason I no longer bother playing Halo 4.

Game-types in this game are awful or classic game-types and modes such as Assault, Real CTF, Invasion, and Firefight, are totally missing from Halo 4, and Map's are laid out terribly in Matchmaking by the developers, especially in Big Team Battle. We now have awful Infinity Game-types in Matchmaking that promote luck and randomness to the max, as well as adding the addition of spawning with broken weapons and grenade types instead of balanced settings where everyones on even ground.

Halo 4 just is no fun to play, there is no thrill to it or passion put into the game by the developers, the physics are boring and seem like copy and pasted COD physics, movement, instead of actual Halo inspired ones such as those from Halo CE, Halo 2,. The game seems less than half completed at best, and even after months of being released I still feel we are simply playing a really bad game Beta. You can take a look at that Battle Rifle Spread, and still broken weapons such as the Boltshot, Beam Rifle, Plasma Pistol, and Scattershot to understand there is little effort put toward fixes.

Work a ton play a game at night and get off not because i go to bed but because i want to tear my hair out after i play a game of it

1)broken xbox

2) the agreed upon competitive settings are awful

3)Nobody REALLY wants to play the game like halos of the past, so its like playing with robots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because the game has strayed too far from its roots. Because the kill times are so slow team work is the determining factor instead of individual skill. Because the devs felt it necessary to put randomness into almost every nook and cranny. (The BR has bloom, nuff said.) Because THC is dad. Because sprint. Because spawns. Because it evolved into unproductive work instead of unproductive fun for me. Because certain community members care more about furthering their own individual agendas than playing the damn game. Because, well, the game sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 6

1)broken xbox

2) the agreed upon competitive settings are awful

3)Nobody REALLY wants to play the game like halos of the past, so its like playing with robots.

Join me and the movement of FPS players to Black Ops 2 and Fighting games, young padawan 

*Fixed

well if you want to be a specific kid.  Halo has been moving away from equal playing field when H3 had BR spread kappa

wait that kind of makes sense

I'm not playing Halo because I just couldn't Adapt hard enough.

370000 other people couldn't adapt.

The game is not fun. In Halo Reach I was confident in every single DMR battle I got in. I also won at least 90% of those. In this game no matter which playlist I join I get out BRd all the time, and im not sure if its just due to the extreme luck, or if its because I have played so very little of this game that im just bad at it. Also all I played in Reach was BTB and for good reason, it had vehicles that were to be feared, It had power positions/weapons to control, and it had some sick maps. Sure half of the maps were forged but they were still amazing to play on.

Even when I wanted to play smaller game modes I could do that and still have fun. No boltshot around every corner. If I wanted a needler I go find one. If I wanted a grenade Launcher, then I would make sure to sit right there and wait for it. I would know what to expect on every map. Hey every 3 minutes a guy will have rockets, or a sword, or sniper. And I know there will only be one on the map at a time.  Now every corner I turn a guy has a speed boost or a damage boost. You dont even know when to expect these things, they just POW explode down from the heavens out of nowhere punch you in the face to take half your shield down and then give you some random ass weapon.

Sure Reach didnt have the greatest maps, but what it did have was a sustain team actively working to get new maps in and out of the hoppers. Almost every month there was a new forge map going in to at least one playlist. What maps are in playlists in this game besides Throwdown?  Dispatch? Simplex? The same 2 maps we have had since the game launched... I want new maps, I dont give a damn if they arent "PROFESSIONALLY MADE" so people cant glitch out of them. The maps that came with the game werent "PROFESSIONALLY MADE." They mostly all blow and there were glitches into objects on Ragnarok, Abandon, Complex, and Adrift.  Maybe even more maps. Oh yeah Haven too.

Now getting to vehicles. Why did they get rid of the Covenant passenger vehicle and the Human Flying vehicle, but then add a third Heavy Tank like thing. It makes no sense. Spectre->Prowler->Revanent->???  Hornet->Falcon->???     ???->Mantis  makes sense. I just dont understand why they got rid of these vehicles. The Rev and the Falcon were 2 of the most amazing vehicles in Reach BTB and now we are stuck with the Mantis which is utterly useless. Well I guess it might not be if well... this leads to my next point.

In Halo 4 I go to play BTB and the only vehicle worth a damn is the Gauss Hog. I try any other vehicle and im instantly flocked to by 8 Plasma bursts and 16 plasma grenades. I try to get into their base and im boltshoted by 2 guys sitting camo crouched in a corner. I try to put shots into the other team from a middle power position and I get destroyed by the 2 Binary Rifles, 4 Sniper rifles, and 2 beam Rifles the other team has stockpiled, and guess what, I cant see a single damn one of these guys because they are all invisible. All I see is a white line zinging past my face and then an orange beam sweep across the map then onto my big toe and I just melt.

/Rant

It probably  makes no sense but it just flew through my fingers and onto the page.

TL:DR - Halo 4 Blows, Halo Reach was 1000x better.

• Upvote (+1) 3