Sign in to follow this  
Fear Clinic

Do you guys think Throwdown will ever be 100% AGL ran?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will Throwdown ever be taken over by an AGL playlist?

• Yes
    • No

Pretty much like how the MLG playlist used to be, rename it "AGL" and only use updated AGL maps and gametypes? What do you guys think is stopping them from doing this? 

Agl already uses what ever settings ghost puts in ttd if I'm not mistaken. It just doesn't use the agl name.

I do think it should though.

I could see it being renamed 'AGL' but the AGL staff and 343 recognize Ghostayame as the creator/developer for the settings and the playlist. It won't be 'run' by AGL but a renaming would show some mad respect towards AGL.

P.S. Not sure if you know, but AGL already uses Throwdown settings.

Can we just call it 'Team Gh057ayame'? 

I don't think AGL would get credit for a playlist they didn't mold. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

No, seeing as how they use GH057's settings, and if Halo 5 became a competitive hit MLG would pick up the game in a heartbeat.

Don't be so sure. MLG has already taken a lot of effort in cementing COD as an e-sport title, where it was previously known primarily as a game for kids. They've come along way, and COD is already confirmed to be the sole FPS on the circuit next year. 2014 is Treyarch's year, and they are bound to have even more competitive features and even better competitive gameplay. Also, 2014 is four years after the peak of Halo's MLG run, so by then, many of the old fans of MLG Halo will have left.

Can we just call it 'Team Gh057ayame'? 

I don't think AGL would get credit for a playlist they didn't mold. 

Yeah I didn't really think of it that way. Just thought that would be a good thing for AGL.

No, seeing as how they use GH057's settings, and if Halo 5 became a competitive hit MLG would pick up the game in a heartbeat.

I agree completely, I could see MLG picking Halo back up. But I would almost say I would rather just see AGL grow, each and every event gets better and better.

I agree completely, I could see MLG picking Halo back up. But I would almost say I would rather just see AGL grow, each and every event gets better and better.

Understandable, AGL stuck through Halo 4 and the slump that the competitive scene has been in recently. It's hard not to support them when they've done so much for the Halo 4 LAN experience, and it'd be a shame if MLG came in and  snagged what they slaved for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think renaming it AGL playlist would possibly bring more viewers.  I think it would make some people who don't know about AGL look it up.  One could only hope.  It is sad that people like Nadeshot pull 12k viewers on the regular while AGL finals get 7k.  Not saying anything negative about Nadeshot.

I think renaming it AGL playlist would possibly bring more viewers.  I think it would make some people who don't know about AGL look it up.  One could only hope.  It is sad that people like Nadeshot pull 12k viewers on the regular while AGL finals get 7k.  Not saying anything negative about Nadeshot.

I disagree, MLG in previous Halo's never really saw any growth because people sterotyped MLG players as "sweaty nerds who shout at you for being bad." It drove a lot of people away because it was called MLG, a lot of players associated it with the tryhard playlist. I think team Hardcore/Throwdown are better names, as it is we get menu screens for AGL events for all players to see with their stream and website there, which is better IMO than having the playlist named AGL.

If you Google AGL, it doesn't come up on the first page, probably not the 2nd or 3rd etc so people trying to find out what AGL is by those 3 letters will find it harder than if you just Googled MLG.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not a fan of it being called AGL. Even if AGL was huge i think it would be it best to call it Team Hardcore so it's open for all leagues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a fan of it being called AGL. Even if AGL was huge i think it would be it best to call it Team Hardcore so it's open for all leagues.

This

Sorry but I do not trust AGL one bit, especially with a playlist.  With Brad making bad decisions and Giggle Monster cheating in a Championship tournament, why anyone would trust them with a playlist would be crazy.

• Downvote (-1) 3

If you Google AGL, it doesn't come up on the first page, probably not the 2nd or 3rd etc so people trying to find out what AGL is by those 3 letters will find it harder than if you just Googled MLG.

Yeah you're right-- It doesn't come up till the third page. And even that is a thread on here lol

Yeah you're right-- It doesn't come up till the third page. And even that is a thread on here lol

Lol, yeah exactly. They need to make a name for themselves and prove they are capable of making good settings that the Community wants before they have a playlist named after them. For now, Team Throwdown is a good name. 

How would a name like team throwdown or team hardcore not make people associate it as a try hard playlist.

Buuuuut I didn't see the part about it being updated with AGL maps and settings. That would be bad. We might end up with solace slice in there. I voted no a whole back anyway.

I found out what AGL was by googling it but I already assumed gl was gaming league.

Sorry but I do not trust AGL one bit, especially with a playlist.  With Brad making bad decisions and Giggle Monster cheating in a Championship tournament, why anyone would trust them with a playlist would be crazy.

Giggle didn't cheat.  He used the sign out glitch one week to see how far he could get a streak, but he already qualified a previous week without using the signout glitch so it didn't actually matter at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Giggle didn't cheat.  He used the sign out glitch one week to see how far he could get a streak, but he already qualified a previous week without using the signout glitch so it didn't actually matter at all.

I'm sure he just didn't use it THAT week.  Especially when all the pros were using it.  He just admitted to using it the week he was caught using it.  I would do the same thing.

I am just going to ask you to please read your statement and take some time to think about what you said.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

I am just going to ask you to please read your statement and take some time to think about what you said.  

Ok I reread it. What's your point.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok I reread it. What's your point.

If anyone cheated it was Contraaa. I knocked him out 3 times on 3 different accounts. I'm more pissed about people making 5+ accounts per week than I am about anyone using the sign out glitch. 

If anyone cheated it was Contraaa. I knocked him out 3 times on 3 different accounts. I'm more pissed about people making 5+ accounts per week than I am about anyone using the sign out glitch. 

imo though, that's all fair game since 343 allowed it.  Including the sign out glitch.

yeah it sucks- but I don't blame the *players* for utilizing what was at their disposal in the same way that I don't blame people for camo crouching with boltshots.  If it's in the game- it's fair game.

(although perhaps I can entertain the argument that sign out glitch is not "in the game".  It is still however a function that can be achieved by simply pressing buttons on your controller- without having to modify anything externally- so it's 'fair' to me, although certainly shady.)

Basically these were oversights made by 343, and the blame should be put on them rather than the players.

imo though, that's all fair game since 343 allowed it.  Including the sign out glitch.

yeah it sucks- but I don't blame the *players* for utilizing what was at their disposal in the same way that I don't blame people for camo crouching with boltshots.  If it's in the game- it's fair game.

(although perhaps I can entertain the argument that sign out glitch is not "in the game".  It is still however a function that can be achieved by simply pressing buttons on your controller- without having to modify anything externally- so it's 'fair' to me, although certainly shady.)

Basically these were oversights made by 343, and the blame should be put on them rather than the players.

I agree, it's just one of those.. "well it's not not aloud, It's just frowned upon." Kind of thing. I really think they should have planned ahead for this sort of thing. Like possibly only allow people to play on accounts that were a certain age, like 3 months or something. If that makes sense. 

• Upvote (+1) 1