Sign in to follow this  
Fear Clinic

Do you guys think Throwdown will ever be 100% AGL ran?

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will Throwdown ever be taken over by an AGL playlist?

• Yes
    • No

Ok I reread it. What's your point.

I guess you are a little slow.  The glitch allows you to literally pick who you want to play against making your games easier.  

imo though, that's all fair game since 343 allowed it.  Including the sign out glitch.

yeah it sucks- but I don't blame the *players* for utilizing what was at their disposal in the same way that I don't blame people for camo crouching with boltshots.  If it's in the game- it's fair game.

(although perhaps I can entertain the argument that sign out glitch is not "in the game".  It is still however a function that can be achieved by simply pressing buttons on your controller- without having to modify anything externally- so it's 'fair' to me, although certainly shady.)

Basically these were oversights made by 343, and the blame should be put on them rather than the players.

You have highly flawed logic.  

So because this Banking website has taken a lot of time to fix an XSS exploit, I am able to just abuse the exploit and log into anyone's account... And it is not my fault! Yeah the lawyers are gonna laugh at that one.

Hey look! Someone left their car door open with the keys in there... It is not my fault if I steal it, they left the car open!

Than I am able to DDOS anyone off Xbox Live too right?  It is the developer's fault for showing me to people's IP addresses.... So I am able to legally DDOS!

If a Glitch allows you to control the game, allows you to control the players you play against and picking easier competition, then it is cheating.  

• Downvote (-1) 2

I guess you are a little slow.  The glitch allows you to literally pick who you want to play against making your games easier.  

I know what the glitch does.

Since giggles qualified a previous week under an account that did not use the sign out glitch- his account that used the sign out glitch in a later week did not matter whatsoever.  He had already qualified a previous week so it didn't affect anything, and he didn't take the spot away from someone else.

Please do not call me slow just because you don't understand how the system works.  Please do not call me slow just because you didn't comprehend my statement.

You have highly flawed logic.  

So because this Banking website has taken a lot of time to fix an XSS exploit, I am able to just abuse the exploit and log into anyone's account... And it is not my fault! Yeah the lawyers are gonna laugh at that one.

right, well your logic is highly flawed because that's a complete false analogy. There are laws in place to prevent using someone else's money through an online exploit.

there are no rules in place against using the sign out glitch.

Therefore by this fact alone (and many, many more) your analogy is terrible.

Hey look! Someone left their car door open with the keys in there... It is not my fault if I steal it, they left the car open!

Once again, there are laws in place against stealing someone else's car, whereas there are no rules in place (let alone laws) against using the sign out glitch.

Than I am able to DDOS anyone off Xbox Live too right?  It is the developer's fault for showing me to people's IP addresses.... So I am able to legally DDOS!

Once again, there are laws in place against DDOSing people, whereas there are no rules let alone laws in place against using the sign out glitch.

If a Glitch allows you to control the game, allows you to control the players you play against and picking easier competition, then it is cheating.  

And that is your opinion.

It is my opinion that since this glitch was not officially stated as off limits by 343, despite it being well-known to them, that it is not cheating- albeit shady.

Here, this may help you out a bit.

come on now  :lxthul:

I agree, it's just one of those.. "well it's not not aloud, It's just frowned upon." Kind of thing. I really think they should have planned ahead for this sort of thing. Like possibly only allow people to play on accounts that were a certain age, like 3 months or something. If that makes sense. 

Yeah I agree that they should have regulated it more.  At least you're not like Horror here who misunderstands my point, calls me slow, states that my logic is faulty, and then proceeds to present an argument brimming with false analogies.  That's a no-no.  Don't do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1