Sign in to follow this  
MaceX42

Assault Game type modded into halo 4.

Hmm...I still don't like that the bomb can be thrown. For Assault, being able to see the bomb guy and throw the bomb across the map just makes it Ricochet with arm time or a different goal. I guess that's too difficult to disable in Halo 4 :/

Though It's amazing what modders can do. 

Hey, guys! Just a heads up! Dont spread Assault too much or give it too much attention! Right now Im going through and fixing some bugs in the gametype and adding a couple "features" to help enhance the gameplay experience.

Yes, it's true that balls cant get disabled throwing. That's a type of setting that is integrated into the object itself and cannot be changed. However, I MAY create a version that simply uses another object that cant be thrown, such as the carry_bomb, which will allow dropping of the objective like previous halo's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, it's true that balls cant get disabled throwing. That's a type of setting that is integrated into the object itself and cannot be changed. However, I MAY create a version that simply uses another object that cant be thrown, such as the carry_bomb, which will allow dropping of the objective like previous halo's.

The Unity settings used the piece you hold to arm an extraction site as an oddball so it could be dropped and picked up. You could try using it.

I just watched this on reddit this morning. 

Looks really fun for customs. It's an Interesting dynamic being able to throw the Bomb in Assault however if it were in Halo 4 MM I don't think I would like it.

I just watched this on reddit this morning. 

Looks really fun for customs. It's an Interesting dynamic being able to throw the Bomb in Assault however if it were in Halo 4 MM I don't think I would like it.

Dw, it would never make it into MM seeing as it's a Mod. 

Oh I know. I was just saying that if a gametype like assault were in Halo 4.

Just a hypothetical :)

Oh I know. I was just saying that if a gametype like assault were in Halo 4.

Just a hypothetical :)

Yeah, very true. Here's to hoping Assault makes its way back for Halo 5. 

mini slayer - action sack?

Hmm...I still don't like that the bomb can be thrown. For Assault, being able to see the bomb guy and throw the bomb across the map just makes it Ricochet with arm time or a different goal. I guess that's too difficult to disable in Halo 4 :/

Though It's amazing what modders can do. 

Don't worry, they are working on an option to disable bomb throwing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't a mod that got put in. Player scaling is something 343 looked into to making public. That's why it was one of the first mods we saw at launch.

343 saw how popular it was and made a "legal" gametype.

343 recreated that as a fun game type.

No Sprint has been a mod for ages now but we haven't seen it, same with all the other Mods. Bravo also said on these forums they don't add Mods to MM.

Hey, guys! Just a heads up! Dont spread Assault too much or give it too much attention! Right now Im going through and fixing some bugs in the gametype and adding a couple "features" to help enhance the gameplay experience.

Please do this and make a no sprint variation <3

Can you modify the bomb throw distance? You can sort of create pseudo-juggling with it if you reduce it to just barely in front of your player model. 

Please do this and make a no sprint variation <3

No sprint for any gametype is a 2-second thing in Horizon. It's nothing special at all.

As of right now Ive got some things updated:

-Waypoints now behave like default Assault does.

-Implemented Arming and Detonated medals and callouts.

-implemented Disarm callout (medal having issues at the moment)

-Re-implementing player Banner.

To-do:

-Remove Capture text from bomb waypoint. It's pointless and confusing on 1-bomb.

-Fix Disarming player medal and points.

-Add a couple other medals

-Adding a couple other callouts for gameplay.