Sign in to follow this  
Hahka

Rock Hard

Rock Hard

Forged by Hahkarazy and SitriStahl

Fileshare

This is a Chill Out inspired symmetrical map designed for 2v2 gameplay. 

Gametypes:

• Slayer
  • Hill
  • Extraction
  • Ricochet

Weapons:

• Rockets (2mins)
  • Sniper (90s)
  • Light Rifle x2
  • Storm Rifle x2
  • BR x2
  • Magnum x2
  • Frags x4
  • Plasmas x4
  • Pulse Nades x2
  • Boltshot
  • Carbine

Screenshots:

rh1_zps7272ffee.jpg

rh2_zps41052331.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

I am rock hard for this map.

Im just glad i was finally able to use that as a map name. Dude, you really need to....

ROCK HARD!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ladies and gentlemen - Forgers of all ages. We are gathered here today to witness a momentous occasion - a milestone in the history of Forge. It is with great pleasure that I bestow upon Sir Hahkarazy and Sir SitriStahl the Legendary Classic Map Award, for having achieved a greater understanding of Classic Halo. May their accomplishment inspire us; their hard work fuel our aspirations, so that we may too achieve greatness. 

In all seriousness, this is probably my favorite Forge map in the game. You guys nailed it: The classic sounding name. The ledges accessible only through jumps. The death pits; the walk ways.The layout is great and you notice that "old school" feeling immediately. I'm digging the rock usage, the clean forgework, and I feel like I'd have a good time playing on this map (unlike Chill Out).

Of course though, since it's a beta, I have feedback that may help you:

• I'm a Teleporter fan, but I'm not sure how Rockets at Teleporter is going to work. The only way to get up there is with the Teleporter, and while it is open, I feel like an additional route somehow will help.

• It also feels cramped around the Rocket area, particularly the doors. 

• Your ramps towards Sniper from Top Red and Top Blue are deceiving. The angle makes it look like the entire block's width goes down, and I think players might instinctively walk right down the middle of the block. Though this isn't a problem once you learn the map, I did fall off it on my first try. 

• I don't really like the texture on the side of the Block 1x1 talls. It's distracting from the overall smooth appearance of the map, but that's just my preference.

Honestly, the only thing I would do (and it's gonna sound crazy) is upscale the map a little by widening the middle by 10.0 coordinates (i.e. make the middle blocks the width of the 3x3 instead of the 2x2). It's great that the map is small, but I also feel like it's too small in parts to the point where I'd have trouble avoiding grenades or Rockets. The place where this is most apparent to me is beneath Rockets by the 4x4 corners.

I also feel like I should be able to get to the middle of the map from the 4x4 corners on Rocket side. It's a bit more difficult, requiring a sprint jump from the 2x2 corner, which I feels places a greater emphasis on Sniper side of the map due to the added height advantage. It's not a huge issue, but I think an additional rock ledge just above the middle platform's height to jump to could help, and it'll give Rocket side some ability to contest Sniper side from cover. 

As always, these are just my thoughts so take what you need. I think you guys did a commendable job, and it goes without saying that you made the third leg rock hard. banderas.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ladies and gentlemen - Forgers of all ages. We are gathered here today to witness a momentous occasion - a milestone in the history of Forge. It is with great pleasure that I bestow upon Sir Hahkarazy and Sir SitriStahl the Legendary Classic Map Award, for having achieved a greater understanding of Classic Halo. May their accomplishment inspire us; their hard work fuel our aspirations, so that we may too achieve greatness.

In all seriousness, this is probably my favorite Forge map in the game. You guys nailed it: The classic sounding name. The ledges accessible only through jumps. The death pits; the walk ways.The layout is great and you notice that "old school" feeling immediately. I'm digging the rock usage, the clean forgework, and I feel like I'd have a good time playing on this map (unlike Chill Out).

Of course though, since it's a beta, I have feedback that may help you:

• I'm a Teleporter fan, but I'm not sure how Rockets at Teleporter is going to work. The only way to get up there is with the Teleporter, and while it is open, I feel like an additional route somehow will help.

• It also feels cramped around the Rocket area.

• Your ramps towards Sniper from Top Red and Top Blue are deceiving. The angle makes it look like the entire block's width goes down. Though this isn't a problem once you learn the map, I did fall off it on my first try.

• I don't really like the texture on the side of the Block 1x1 talls. It's distracting from the overall smooth appearance of the map, but that's just my preference.

Honestly, the only thing I would do (and it's gonna sound crazy) is upscale the map a little by widening the middle by 10.0 coordinates (i.e. make the middle blocks the width of the 3x3 instead of the 2x2). It's great that the map is small, but I also feel like it's too small in parts to the point where I'd have trouble avoiding grenades or Rockets. The place where this is most apparent to me is beneath rockets by the 4x4 corners.

I also feel like I should be able to get to the middle of the map from the 4x4 corners on Rocket side. It is currently not possible, which places a huge emphasis on sniper side of the map. At the very least, an additional rock ledge just above the middle platform's height to jump to will help, and it'll give Rocket side some ability to contest Sniper side from cover.

Otherwise, I think you guys did a commendable job. And it goes without saying that you made the third leg rock hard. banderas.png

Ill try and keep this short. Thanks for the feedback....your issue with only having one way to rockets can be fixed by expirementing with grenades.

You can get to topmid from rocket side.

Everything else you mentioned will be looked into but no drastic changes are being planned at this moment.

Oh damn, you even brought back grenade launching weapons? I guess that's just another point for you.

I honestly have never tried it in Halo 4 until just now, and the Sniper didn't move at first so it threw me off. Scratch that part out then :)

Oh damn, you even brought back grenade launching weapons? I guess that's just another point for you.

I honestly have never tried it in Halo 4 until just now, and the Sniper didn't move at first so it threw me off. Scratch that part out then :)

Add for customs!

Damn, this is sick.

Thanks aPK for bringing me to this section and specific page.

-Alias

You should check it out more. There are always quality maps here :)

Just wondering Hahka did you intend for this map to plaay better with no-sprint or sprint? Just a question.  It is sexy :)

Just wondering Hahka did you intend for this map to plaay better with no-sprint or sprint? Just a question. It is sexy :)

Optimized for sprint....but still plays no sprint fine.

Just make sure if you are playing objectives that the respawn time is 5 secs. Extraction should be 3 secs to arm and 3 secs to convert.

Optimized for sprint....but still plays no sprint fine.

Between the zig-zag map flow in the basements and the rather tight transition ramps, I have to disagree about this being for sprint, unless you are referencing tac-jumps that require sprint

NS ftw

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wondering Hahka did you intend for this map to plaay better with no-sprint or sprint? Just a question.  It is sexy :)

I'll definitely visit here every so often, and hopefully test some maps too.

This map is a great/amazing 2v2 map. The design is familiar feeling but then again its different. The one thing is I feel it would play better no sprint. With sprint it makes the map feel way smaller than it is and without sprint it makes the map feel larger.

Is this made for sprint or without sprint?

I would suggest no sprint on this map. Just my opinion though. Great map and i hope to see more maps from you in the future =]

• Upvote (+1) 1