Ziethen

League of Legends Thread

DJ Sona....great job by Riot from what i'm seeing but i wish they chose a different champion for an ultimate skin. 

The perfect video for this topic. 

The guy is one million percent right. It's a team game - but you are a lone wolf and you are powerless when it comes to feeders, ragers, AFKs, the whole 9 yards. His basketball analogy is also completely spot on. It's one of my biggest gripes with LoL - when one player thinks they are on some kind of God tier, tries to make a play, and just dies in lane. They tilt almost immediately and your chances of winning go down dramatically. I am someone who is hyper competitive - and I am harder on myself and the things I do more than anyone else - and I have no problem admitting when I played awful or made a mistake - it's the only way you will improve. But from my experience of playing all sorts of games - team games especially - League is the only one where I also feel exhausted after playing. Even if it's a win - it's never easy. Which in some ways is how it should be - you should have to earn that victory. But - you should earning your victories by playing against other good opponents, and that feeling of exhaustion after a game shouldn't be caused by a teammates who just decided to be an asshole and ruin the game for everyone else - making the job of everyone else on the team feel like they are dragging around 1,000 pounds on their shoulders. 

I love this game - I love team games - I love the concept of team games in general. But man, League is really getting to the point where playing isn't worth it when you do feel like you did everything you could to only get dragged down by 1 player. 

Whats even more bullshit - is that Riot clumps all negative or "angry" behavior all into one toxic clump of shit.

I don't know if they're living in a fantasy world, but every sport I have ever played in my entire life has had diversity. Has had anger towards one another to play better, to step it up, because everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to be known as the best, and if not the best at the very least better than most. And if someone is fucking up, you need to let them know. Kind of ironic that they want to label League of Legends a "Sport" yet want to leave the behavior of it at the door for some unrealistic "we all love each other!" attitude which is non-existant and makes people worse.

However - in League of Legends - if you're angry towards someone or tell someone in an agressive tone to play better, ward, farm, etc, because quite frankly they have shat the bed up until that point, it all off a sudden is viewed as toxicity and you're labeled as toxic. There's nothing you can do, Riot doesn't see the situation, they only see the reports and if you're reported alot you must be toxic! You must just have a horrible attitude! Or why else would they report you? There's a difference between telling someone "go off yourself" and "dude you have to step it up, you're the main reason this game is becoming hard".

It kills me everytime seeing the "reported for verbal abuse/negative attitude" screen. Not because it labels me as a toxic player, but it shows me that I care more than most. I absolutely love competition. It drives people to become better. It drives people to push themselves to the limit. It is the biggest reason I played sports and now play League. 

I just wish more people had the fire and drive I do to win games. It would make soloq 100x better. The best comparrison I can think of with soloq in it's current state is that you want to set up a 5v5 game of basketball at your local gym. Everyone is playing seriously, except that one idiot who touches the ball 90 feet away from the hoop and shoots it. Ruins the game for everyone, however obviously the team without the troll wins and is happier, but from a competitive standpoint they want to beat you when you're playing serious, and not when some asshat trolls around like that. Because you don't learn anything winning in a 4v5 game.

Edit: Holy fuck proto just watched the video, pretty much sums it up lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats even more bullshit - is that Riot clumps all negative or "angry" behavior all into one toxic clump of shit.

I don't know if they're living in a fantasy world, but every sport I have ever played in my entire life has had diversity. Has had anger towards one another to play better, to step it up, because everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to be known as the best, and if not the best at the very least better than most. And if someone is fucking up, you need to let them know. Kind of ironic that they want to label League of Legends a "Sport" yet want to leave the behavior of it at the door for some unrealistic "we all love each other!" attitude which is non-existant and makes people worse.

However - in League of Legends - if you're angry towards someone or tell someone in an agressive tone to play better, ward, farm, etc, because quite frankly they have shat the bed up until that point, it all off a sudden is viewed as toxicity and you're labeled as toxic. There's nothing you can do, Riot doesn't see the situation, they only see the reports and if you're reported alot you must be toxic! You must just have a horrible attitude! Or why else would they report you? There's a difference between telling someone "go off yourself" and "dude you have to step it up, you're the main reason this game is becoming hard".

It kills me everytime seeing the "reported for verbal abuse/negative attitude" screen. Not because it labels me as a toxic player, but it shows me that I care more than most. I absolutely love competition. It drives people to become better. It drives people to push themselves to the limit. It is the biggest reason I played sports and now play League. 

I just wish more people had the fire and drive I do to win games. It would make soloq 100x better. The best comparrison I can think of with soloq in it's current state is that you want to set up a 5v5 game of basketball at your local gym. Everyone is playing seriously, except that one idiot who touches the ball 90 feet away from the hoop and shoots it. Ruins the game for everyone, however obviously the team without the troll wins and is happier, but from a competitive standpoint they want to beat you when you're playing serious, and not when some asshat trolls around like that. Because you don't learn anything winning in a 4v5 game.

I agree with everything you said 1,000%. It's past the post of frustrating when I see a player who just doesn't care. Not even as much because I want to win - which obviously has something to do with it - but more so it bothers me how they are just wasting my time and their own time. Why play if you plan on wasting YOUR OWN time? If you are playing ranked - take it seriously - simple as that. If you want to waste everyone else's time and your own - go play something else. It's just like the guy said in his video - we are hung out to dry with nothing to do when it comes to ragers, feeders, kids who just don't care, etc. You lose a game or 2 because of kids just not giving a shit - then you have to play more and more and more to rank up to the point where it becomes not worth it anymore. I hate when people say that Solo Q is a 100% reflection of skill - that is the farthest thing from the truth. Solo Q absolutely reflects skill - but does not reflect total skill and game knowledge. Team games require a team effort to win. If 4 out of the 5 players on one team are playing well and on the same page against 5 players who are all on the same page and lose the game against those 5 well coordinated players - that is not a reflection of individual skill. It blows my mind when people try to argue that. A TEAM GAME is won by a TEAM of players who work together with a common goal. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with everything you said 1,000%. It's past the post of frustrating when I see a player who just doesn't care. Not even as much because I want to win - which obviously has something to do with it - but more so it bothers me how they are just wasting my time and their own time. Why play if you plan on wasting YOUR OWN time? If you are playing ranked - take it seriously - simple as that. If you want to waste everyone else's time and your own - go play something else. It's just like the guy said in his video - we are hung out to dry with nothing to do. You lose a game or 2 because of kids just not giving a shit - then you have to play more and more and more to rank up to the point where it becomes not worth it anymore. I hate when people say that Solo Q is a 100% reflection of skill - that is the farthest thing from the truth. Solo Q absolutely reflects skill - but does not reflect total skill and game knowledge. Team games require a team effort to win. If 4 out of the 5 players on one team are playing well and on the same page against 5 players who are all on the same page - that is not a reflection of individual skill. It blows my mind when people try to argue that. A TEAM GAME is won by a TEAM of players who work together with a common goal. 

Exactly. And I especially fucking hate when people say "Dude it's just a game, calm down".

Maybe to YOU it's just a game. But there are people in ranked obviously trying to get better. That's why ranked was created to begin with. To improve, to become better. To test yourself and to climb the Elo ladder.

If to YOU the game is just for fun, then why the fuck are you in ranked? Normals exist. Aram exists. Dominion exists. Go play that. If I want to get to the NBA do I play at my local YMCA  or do I play on High School/College teams to get there? YMCA =Normals. High School/College teams = Ranked. And even then it's kind of a bad anagoly because people do somewhat try at the YMCA/Normals for practice.

Exactly. And I especially fucking hate when people say "Dude it's just a game, calm down".

Maybe to YOU it's just a game. But there are people in ranked obviously trying to get better. That's why ranked was created to begin with. To improve, to become better. To test yourself and to climb the Elo ladder.

If to YOU the game is just for fun, then why the fuck are you in ranked? Normals exist. Aram exists. Dominion exists. Go play that. If I want to get to the NBA do I play at my local YMCA  or do I play on High School/College teams to get there? YMCA =Normals. High School/College teams = Ranked. And even then it's kind of a bad anagoly because people do somewhat try at the YMCA/Normals for practice.

maybe they should add more requirements to play ranked. just reminds me of my brother, who would buy a champion and play them first time in ranked. that shit just ruins the game.

i also wish people knew what the fuck they were doing, like they literally don't know how to win. most people just mindlessly walk around the map not knowing what to do next. this + the strong lack of map awareness ruins the game for me. for example, had a guy in mid sit there and cry when he died from a roam then blame the team when nobody called mia. if this idiot bought some wards, and also watched the map then he wouldn't fucking die over and over.

fuck it. we all know yoloque is bullshit. let's just stick to ranked 5s and use real  teamwork. i think this would be much more productive in trying to get better lol.

DJ Sona....great job by Riot from what i'm seeing but i wish they chose a different champion for an ultimate skin. 

yeah dude, i thought this too. guess we'll have to wait another year+ to see who comes next...

well yeah.

a967b63cae30bdbd7d5ba21d748d420e.png

fuck it. we all know yoloque is bullshit. let's just stick to ranked 5s and use real  teamwork. i think this would be much more productive in trying to get better lol.

im down to play some 5s tmm

hmu

Yeah, I feel like I've been improving so much lately. Especially in the mid and bottom lane. I have a much deeper champion pool that I'm comfortable with for ADC now. Lemme know when you guys play 5s!

Reality, I know personally I am not good enough for ranked, why I play normals and ARAMs, once I improve i will enter. At that time, I will only be a hinderence

I'm always on trying to get a 5s team together but there is always one person who wants to only play yoloq :(

Reality, I know personally I am not good enough for ranked, why I play normals and ARAMs, once I improve i will enter. At that time, I will only be a hinderence

If you can don't play ranked. It's full of the worse sorts of people.

If you can don't play ranked. It's full of the worse sorts of people.

I dont play normals unless with friends. I just do ARAMs..look at my last played games..either its been 3s with friends or ARAMs. I rather enjoy that more than Summoners Rift actually aha

Didn't see it, figured i'd post it. The first episode of TSM Legends, a series from TSM that follows their weeks thru Season 5 of NALCS. Van rides to and from the studio, back stage footage, how they handle wins and losses, eating, shopping, all kinds of stuff. I love these eSports documentary type shows for League, Dota, etc. Check it out if you got some time. 

Watching Lulu in the LCS is just so boring.

Riot needs to make massive changes mid and bot, it's literally been the same meta for a couple of seasons now.

And gut Lulu. Literally nothing of value would be lost, and it would actually open up some fresh and new picks.