Ziethen

League of Legends Thread

This game is so luck based....I feel like i'm playing H3 ranked all over again.

There is some RNG with critical hits, but LoL is a much deeper game. You have to know what Champions are capable of and play Champions/Roles well in addition to having good positioning.

I'm trying for Gold V before ranked ends :3 Played all my placements today. Lots of trolls and AFKs. Two AFKs, several really weird picks, and a duo mid no support :-/ Hope this is just bad luck, but you know that's life.

There is some RNG with critical hits, but LoL is a much deeper game. You have to know what Champions are capable of and play Champions/Roles well in addition to having good positioning.

I was mainly referring to who gets on my team 1/2 the time. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Move to LAN server if you are from east coast...holy shit my ping just went from 120-140 to 30-40 and it is such a different game.

I was mainly referring to who gets on my team 1/2 the time. 

Focus on what you can improve on after every game, you will never get better with this toxic attitude.

Just to put some perspective to people who say ranked is/isn't luck. To a certain extent, it is luck.

For example, if you're a bronze 5 player complaining that it's all luck the reality of the situation is - is that you're garbage and you need to fix your play. There is literally no luck involved here. I could climb out of bronze, probably building AD Katarina, with no runes/masteries.

However, the higher you climb - there are genuinely some problems that exist that make it very difficult to climb. 

The first and most obvious are trolls/feeders. You get one in high elo, there is no way of winning. And I know people will say "Well there's a 55% chance blah blah other team will get the feeder and only 44% you will get one." It's still too damn much. If you actually climb at a 55/44 rate you are climbing at a snails pace.

Secondly, kinda ties into the first point are eloboosted players. It really opened my eyes that Riot either a. genuinely doesn't give a shit or b. they can't really do much about it. I met someone a couple months back that was really good on my team, so we talked after the game and wanted to duo with each other.We skyped, turns out he said he eloboosts accounts and works for someone. Says he never had an account banned and it's very simple to do without being caught. Get a VPN thats close to the customer and ta-da, unbannable. To top it off he also said many people do it, he's eloboosted his friends for free, and Riot hasn't done anything. This makes climbing even harder, because it creates completely lopsided games but the system thinks it generates close, fair teams.

Lastly, NO VOICE COMMUNICATION????? IN 2014????? ESPECIALLY IN LEAGUE OF LEGENDS???? ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS RIOT??? This leads to people shitfacing each other because typing in a game that can be decided by seconds is the stupidest fucking thing a company can do. Sure, will there be 12 year olds who yell and scream "Ur mom!!!" of course. Will there be ragers? Of course. However I feel toxicity (still hate this word) would go down dramatically because you can instantly communicate stuff with your teammates causing less mistakes and less anger. Worst case is you mute someone if they are a microphone warrior.

Signed,

a Diamond 4 player who fell to Plat 4, climbed to Plat 1 then fell to Plat 4 Climbed back to Plat 1 90 LP then fell back to Plat 4 30 LP and I will not attempt to go for Diamond again until next season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so yeah, piglet plays a nasty fuckin zed. this guys mechanics are so sick. granted, he isn't playing against top players yet, but the moves he makes are impressive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This new map is great, but it makes my toaster literally brick compared to the last map. Dips to 10 FPS every time a teamfight breaks out.

After reading the patch notes today and pre season changes, then reviewing the MCC patch notes, I begin to understand why the majority of my time will eventually be playing league after a few weeks of Halo.

Cant wait to experiment with all the different changes.

After reading the patch notes today and pre season changes, then reviewing the MCC patch notes, I begin to understand why the majority of my time will eventually be playing league after a few weeks of Halo.

Cant wait to experiment with all the different changes.

yeah, i was thinking about getting an xb1 next week to play halo but i'm having second thoughts about spending 350$ to play halo lol.

it'd be a fun time, but i think i should just stick to league. the new map has made me want to play more anyways. 

been playing lots of zilean support lately. pretty fun champion imo, especially if enemy bot lane doesn't have sustain.

Kalista is busted.

If you're somewhat mechanically sound you should never lose.

An Irelia on our team had to play vs her. Kalista got shut down hard in that matchup. 

I'm not fucking with this new jungle. Getting my ass beat by these damn chickens is fucking rough. If you don't have built in sustain you are gonna have a bad time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really been enjoying Zed this week. I like how easy it is to point out your flaws when playing him compared to some other champs.

Started playing Annie mid recently too, i'm guessing the only reason people don't play her more is that she is a squishier then usual mage? 

hzTYwQb.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Started playing Annie mid recently too, i'm guessing the only reason people don't play her more is that she is a squishier then usual mage? 

hzTYwQb.png

Nah her burst is ridiculous its just her lack of mobility and squishiness makes her an easy lane to camp. I feel like when she gets behind its hard to recover but then again when you get fed she is unstoppable.