Ziethen

League of Legends Thread

Ya'll got me interested in getting a mechanical keyboard. Is it worth the price? 

I don't see the need to get a fancy headset for PC/console gaming since I pretty much exclusively play league solo or with a few friends through skype but a headset doesn't really make or break my awareness and skill. 

I figured with the shitty console games we've been getting (MCC) it'd probably be a better investment to buy gaming equipment for LoL which i see myself playing in the long run compared to other games. I've had moments where I felt like i pressed a key midway through a fight only to find out it didn't register in game. I'm assuming a mechanical keyboard should fix that?

My mouse is fine but maybe ill pick up a new mouse too if you guys have recommendations or think its worth it.

I love my mechanical keyboard. For some reason the clicks just feel amazing.

But it's a person to person sort of thing. My friend absolutely hates them because he thinks they make too much noise lol, but I actually think it's soothing.

Won my first game of SoloQ :)

Edit: won second game too WW still broken.

Third game I get two trolls who both have 20 CS by 20 minutes in and a Sona who DCs 4 minutes into the game. Well I guess 3-0 won't be attainable for me "/ 

9-1 the dream!

Ya'll got me interested in getting a mechanical keyboard. Is it worth the price? 

I don't see the need to get a fancy headset for PC/console gaming since I pretty much exclusively play league solo or with a few friends through skype but a headset doesn't really make or break my awareness and skill. 

I figured with the shitty console games we've been getting (MCC) it'd probably be a better investment to buy gaming equipment for LoL which i see myself playing in the long run compared to other games. I've had moments where I felt like i pressed a key midway through a fight only to find out it didn't register in game. I'm assuming a mechanical keyboard should fix that?

My mouse is fine but maybe ill pick up a new mouse too if you guys have recommendations or think its worth it.

i'd recommend steelseries sensei raw if you're looking to get a mouse. that's what i have and i love it.

on sale right now at amazon too, http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Rubberized/dp/B008OQTQSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424268271&sr=8-1&keywords=sensei+raw

So I win 6 ranked games in a row, all of them were really competitive and close but yours truly made some godly plays to get into my promos for plat 2 again.

First game of promo: afk jungler, top is 0-6, mid wishes cancer on all of us, and our support runs heal on Janna and says that she saw a pro do it a couple of months back so she wanted to do it.

Mind you these are plat 1/diamond 5 players I am playing with. I present to you the top 1% of NA, folks.

People are saying Leona is god tier?

I wouldn't say god tier. She's a viable pick however has her flaws.

God tier is Annie, Janna, Thresh.

I wouldn't say god tier. She's a viable pick however has her flaws.

God tier is Annie, Janna, Thresh.

They are only ranking Annie Janna and Thresh as Tier 1 champs and Leo as a god tier by herself.

They are only ranking Annie Janna and Thresh as Tier 1 champs and Leo as a god tier by herself.

I don't trust in those lists. Odds are they are people who don't know what they're talking about.

Also, Morgana shits on Leona. And I'd actually put Morg as a top tier support as well.

Alright, just for you Fluffy.

Support Tier List

Holy Trinity

1. Thresh

2. Annie

3. Janna

Really Good Picks

4. Morg

5. Leona

6. Braum

Shit Tier List

7. Nami

8. Soraka

9. Insert Burstmage here

10. Sona

150. Taric :'(

Alright, now for the explination.

Thresh, even with all the nerfs throughout the patches, is fundamentally broken. Great laner, great CC/Utility across the board. Each of his abilities are amazing at all phases of the game. Free escape all game with the lantern. Probably my #1 support, and will continue to be regardless of the meta.

Annie and Janna are great in all different kinds to ways. Annie can act as your 2nd AP mid in the support role and doesn't need much gold to do it. Her ult can lock up 5 people at once, and in lane she is one of the best harassers of ADC's and Supports. Also, you can be a douchebag and go all AP and instaburst any squishy. As for Janna, she blows  :kappa:  in all the right ways. Great disengage on her ult, she's fast, shields the ADC + Shield gives AD boost, and another disengage with her tornado as well as the slow on her W.

Morgana, you can actually replace with Annie/Janna. The only reason why I rank her behind Annie/Janna is because if she falls behind there are issues with her being relevant. She needs an hourglass to be great. If she falls behind and can't complete that item, her midgame is almost worthless. But she has great utility with the spell shield and the Q that can snare you into the next game.

Leona and Braum are kind of close, with the slightest edge to Leona. She's a CC machine. Really tanky. My one issue with her is that you have to throw yourself into the frontline, and that's generally risky. I cannot tell you how many times in bot lane I'd have a Leona go in, and it turns out to be a bad trade and she cannot get herself out of it. Same with teamfighting. However, she can be great for comps that need CC. As for braum, eh, after his recent nerfs he isn't nearly as good and his Q and R are significantly less impactful. But, can be used.

Now the fun ones, shit tier.

Soraka - Problem is, if you play her bot all they have to do is focus you, sprinkle on some CC and immediately you're worthless. If they focus the AD, on the other hand...then you have great value. Spam heal on AD and watch him destroy. However, people have caught on how to play against raka which is why she sucks now.

Nami - Just too squishy. I've seen a couple of great Nami players and although she has great utility in her kit - she's too squishy. She gets caught out she's pretty much dead. Can't use your utility if you're dead!

Taric - Dear lord. His ult sucks, as well as his W. Stun is way too slow, and his heal is lackluster. I'd rather have a Vel'Koz support than a Taric support, and I'm being serious. Doesn't scale well. His armor scalings got demolished like 12 patches ago, and ever since was never the same. He needs a buff. Bad.

Hope it helps. I didn't go into great detail due to time constraints, but if you have any Q's I'll be sure to question them.

Edit: Shit forgot about Sona and Zyra. They have the same issues Nami has. Except, Zyra is pretty decent and would rate her just above Nami.

i agree with that list, though i'd probably put janna #1 cause i suck at thresh, and probably either drop annie 1 tier because she so squishy or bring morgana up 1 tier because she is a great pick vs support champs with cc.

leona is a bit too squish after nerfs for me since i go balls deep far too often.

you also forgot cheesy ass blitzcrank, who can either be godlike or completely useless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

qntq0z.jpg

3-1 baby, felt really bad winning this because it was 5v4 and I was getting absolutely destroyed this game. Never play twisted fate in ranked and thought it would be good for the comp. Sadly it wasn't but we still won due to late game. 

Also, Thresh & Annie support master race boys. I would put Leona under good pick tier mainly because she sucks when behind because she is an all or nothing support. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i agree with that list, though i'd probably put janna #1 cause i suck at thresh, and probably either drop annie 1 tier because she so squishy or bring morgana up 1 tier because she is a great pick vs support champs with cc.

leona is a bit too squish after nerfs for me since i go balls deep far too often.

you also forgot cheesy ass blitzcrank, who can either be godlike or completely useless.

fuck

Last night I got my favorite kill of my league of legends career. Playing as Vi, I did a flash-Q max-range smite to kill a fleeing Jinx with her passive on.

Absolutely hilarious to watch. I'm going to miss that smite range when the nerf goes through... Sure helps with my Pantheon game.

i'd recommend steelseries sensei raw if you're looking to get a mouse. that's what i have and i love it.

on sale right now at amazon too, http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Rubberized/dp/B008OQTQSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424268271&sr=8-1&keywords=sensei+raw

I ended up picking up this mouse and a new mechanical keyboard however i gotta ask. Did you have problems booting up windows (assuming you use windows) when having this mouse plugged in? 

My computer will boot up perfectly fine with my new razer keyboard plugged in, or my old mouse but if I have this sensei mouse plugged in at startup or restart, im just stuck at the bios screen. As soon as windows loads and i plug the mouse in everything works fine but if i have this mouse plugged in beforehand, im just stuck.

Any idea? The mouse feels great and i want to keep it.

I ended up picking up this mouse and a new mechanical keyboard however i gotta ask. Did you have problems booting up windows (assuming you use windows) when having this mouse plugged in? 

My computer will boot up perfectly fine with my new razer keyboard plugged in, or my old mouse but if I have this sensei mouse plugged in at startup or restart, im just stuck at the bios screen. As soon as windows loads and i plug the mouse in everything works fine but if i have this mouse plugged in beforehand, im just stuck.

Any idea? The mouse feels great and i want to keep it.

nah i haven't any problems like that. did you install the drivers for the mouse? try doing some searches on google to see if anyone else has had that problem.

oh baby. 8 game winning streak. 1 game from my promos!

nice

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

cdjxMfa.png

nah i haven't any problems like that. did you install the drivers for the mouse? try doing some searches on google to see if anyone else has had that problem.

I've done everything but nothing works. Oh well it just means i have to keep it unplugged til windows loads that's all its just kinda annoying. I ended up getting the mouse you linked for $29.99 from Frys so it wasn't too bad.

I've done everything but nothing works. Oh well it just means i have to keep it unplugged til windows loads that's all its just kinda annoying. I ended up getting the mouse you linked for $29.99 from Frys so it wasn't too bad.

nice, never seen it that cheap. very solid mouse for the price.

Taric is a very strong pick against all AD comps, people just don't give him a chance. :^(

full armor rune page + spam laugh in lane to win the game.

played against that once. it was a nightmare.