Ziethen

League of Legends Thread

Been playing this a lot lately. Digging Garen cuz he's like my pally in WoW. Learning Annie right now as my first attempt at range. Tristana seems to be trash until lvl 10 or higher...regretting that purchase right now. Might attempt Shen or a tanky champ next.

Dig all the maps, dig all the gametypes, lots of champions to try, seems balanced and all that. It's fun, once Titanfall, Destiny, and Halo 5 come out tho ill prolly be back on my FPS only grind again. It's gonna be a long wait tho only having Ghosts to keep me busy. Not the biggest fan of CoD but League Play is ok and Barebones hopefully makes a return. Otherwise pubs can be very annoying, not a huge fan of that pub life.

Been playing this a lot lately. Digging Garen cuz he's like my pally in WoW. Learning Annie right now as my first attempt at range. Tristana seems to be trash until lvl 10 or higher...regretting that purchase right now. Might attempt Shen or a tanky champ next.

Dig all the maps, dig all the gametypes, lots of champions to try, seems balanced and all that. It's fun, once Titanfall, Destiny, and Halo 5 come out tho ill prolly be back on my FPS only grind again. It's gonna be a long wait tho only having Ghosts to keep me busy. Not the biggest fan of CoD but League Play is ok and Barebones hopefully makes a return. Otherwise pubs can be very annoying, not a huge fan of that pub life.

I'd regret that purchase too, since you can get her for free on facebook lol.

If you want, you could use one of your 3 refund points and get your stuff back then do the facebook thing and get her for free. Once you use your refund points there's no going back though. Once they're gone then they're gone forever.

Tristana is late game hypercarry though, so a weak early-mid game is to be expected unless you get a lead and snowball the rest of the game. Late game Tristana is very good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd regret that purchase too, since you can get her for free on facebook lol.

If you want, you could use one of your 3 refund points and get your stuff back then do the facebook thing and get her for free. Once you use your refund points there's no going back though. Once they're gone then they're gone forever.

Tristana is late game hypercarry though, so a weak early-mid game is to be expected unless you get a lead and snowball the rest of the game. Late game Tristana is very good.

I think I just need to get good with at least 1 or 2 champions from each role, correct? And naw I won't refund, not worth it she wasn't THAT expensive, just gotta play more to get em back:)

I think I just need to get good with at least 1 or 2 champions from each role, correct? And naw I won't refund, not worth it she wasn't THAT expensive, just gotta play more to get em back:)

Yeah just play champions who you think are cool. You'll eventually build a strong enough champ pool and you will feel comfortable playing any role(as long as you play all the roles with champs you like). I'm going to assume you aren't level 30 yet, so I'd say save your IP for when you hit level 20 for the runes. The runes are game changers compared to no runes (unless you're hotshotgg).

But if you don't care then go all out on champions I suppose lol. Free champ rotation is a good way to try champs out before you buy them.

In other news, THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Kids troll so hard in ranked. I know I'm not perfect, but I swear the teammates are the only reason I'm losing. Even got hard countered as ahri vs a talon and still held my ground even though I got out cs'd hard and never got blue buff or ganked. Talon is full of shit, riot pls.

At least I'm learning from my loses on how to play my solo lane better.

Yeah just play champions who you think are cool. You'll eventually build a strong enough champ pool and you will feel comfortable playing any role(as long as you play all the roles with champs you like). I'm going to assume you aren't level 30 yet, so I'd say save your IP for when you hit level 20 for the runes. The runes are game changers compared to no runes (unless you're hotshotgg).

But if you don't care then go all out on champions I suppose lol. Free champ rotation is a good way to try champs out before you buy them.

In other news, THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Kids troll so hard in ranked. I know I'm not perfect, but I swear the teammates are the only reason I'm losing. Even got hard countered as ahri vs a talon and still held my ground even though I got out cs'd hard and never got blue buff or ganked. Talon is full of shit, riot pls.

At least I'm learning from my loses on how to play my solo lane better.

Well i've been researching champs alot, trying to figure out if I like how the spells work and all that...even judging which ones I like based on skins lol. Been using SoloMid to buff Garen and Annie, I dig it saves me time figuring out how to play something. (less work, more fun) I did the same thing with Elitest Jerks when I raided in WoW. 

And i've heard the trolls are real in ranked. Only 10 so I haven't had to deal with yet, but i've played ranked in Halo and CoD, its extremely frustrating. Hopefully I can get some kinda 5 man team goin by then. Sucks you gotta pay for the extra Rune pages tho, that must be how they make all their loot. 

Well i've been researching champs alot, trying to figure out if I like how the spells work and all that...even judging which ones I like based on skins lol. Been using SoloMid to buff Garen and Annie, I dig it saves me time figuring out how to play something. (less work, more fun) I did the same thing with Elitest Jerks when I raided in WoW. 

And i've heard the trolls are real in ranked. Only 10 so I haven't had to deal with yet, but i've played ranked in Halo and CoD, its extremely frustrating. Hopefully I can get some kinda 5 man team goin by then. Sucks you gotta pay for the extra Rune pages tho, that must be how they make all their loot. 

Yeah I use solomid.net all the time when I play someone new so I know what I should build, what skill to level and all that. Great site.

You can make 5v5 rank team and play other teams and it keeps track of your record and stuff or just you can just play 5v5 normals if you want to just mess around. 

and yeah, Riot makes BANK off of skins and all that stuff. You can save your IP and buy more pages, but it costs just as much as the highest priced champ. Runes are expensive as hell too. Really sucks, but whatever.

Meteos is the GOAT of NA.

Hahahaha, mad hilarious.

I've been stuck in Gold I for years. Man, if only I could get to Plat and retire!

I don't understand this community.

My support facechecks a Leona in a bush lvl 1 and causes us to lose lane right there. Jungler comes and shoves lane, resulting in level 1 ez against level 3 cait. So, everyone decides to yell and spite me by taking farm saying I don't deserve it. We lose game, and it's all my fault. Gold star for you, league of legends community.

/rant.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand this community.

My support facechecks a Leona in a bush lvl 1 and causes us to lose lane right there. Jungler comes and shoves lane, resulting in level 1 ez against level 3 cait. So, everyone decides to yell and spite me by taking farm saying I don't deserve it. We lose game, and it's all my fault. Gold star for you, league of legends community.

/rant.

6AdMG.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is this thread going to be poppin for worlds?

Also Quantic buying Korean team MiG and then trying to qualify for LCS NA, what ya'll think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is this thread going to be poppin for worlds?

Also Quantic buying Korean team MiG and then trying to qualify for LCS NA, what ya'll think?

Rooting for Gambit, Fnatic, and TSM for worlds. Don't think TSM or Vulcun will make it out of group play, so I have to hope C9 represents NA well. 

I think it's kind of unfair for the amateur teams trying to get into the LCS, but then again not really cause if they are good enough they'll make it. Don't want to see another VES in the LCS lol. I see this as it will be positive for the NA scene to improve, or negative for that team cause they won't have much challenge.

Also heard there will be another Korean team coming to NA as well to try to compete for the LCS. This is cool and all, but I don't want the NA LCS to be flooded with Korean teams.

Rooting for Gambit, Fnatic, and TSM for worlds. Don't think TSM or Vulcun will make it out of group play, so I have to hope C9 represents NA well. 

I think it's kind of unfair for the amateur teams trying to get into the LCS, but then again not really cause if they are good enough they'll make it. Don't want to see another VES in the LCS lol. I see this as it will be positive for the NA scene to improve, or negative for that team cause they won't have much challenge.

Also heard there will be another Korean team coming to NA as well to try to compete for the LCS. This is cool and all, but I don't want the NA LCS to be flooded with Korean teams.

Well, there are only 3 spots open for spots, and the KR teams may end up knocking each other out to even get to the qualifier round to get into the LCS. There's only "one" other mysterious team at the moment. MiG Blitz wasn't that good in OGN, Locodoco was an overrated adc and Woong as a solo laner is a bit questionable. They did a 3 month bootcamp before making the move, and Monte Cristo said they looked good against other teams. The teams have to live here, and find a sponsor to get them to live here.

Also the pro NA scene has got stagnant with old guards, and all the current am teams are former Crs/CLG/Dig kids who aren't that great, or former Legion/Orbit/etc. A lot of old guards, and they don't look that great...but the am scene will improve a lot with KR teams competing. It would be hard for a lot of KR teams to qualify with NA LCS with only 3 spots open each go around, and waiting for each split, and the long time between seasons will cost them a lot of money in the long run. Finding an NA sponsor would be difficult, and I wouldn't be surprised if Quantic ends up selling this team like they did C9. They aren't the most stable.

My Group Winners

SK T1 

OMG  

LD  

TSM  

GG.eu 

SG Ozone

Fnatic

Vulcan

Gambit

Mineski

Top 4: Fnatic, Ozone, SK T1, Ozone (I think all 4 qtr final teams will lose)

Well, there are only 3 spots open for spots, and the KR teams may end up knocking each other out to even get to the qualifier round to get into the LCS. There's only "one" other mysterious team at the moment. MiG Blitz wasn't that good in OGN, Locodoco was an overrated adc and Woong as a solo laner is a bit questionable. They did a 3 month bootcamp before making the move, and Monte Cristo said they looked good against other teams. The teams have to live here, and find a sponsor to get them to live here.

Also the pro NA scene has got stagnant with old guards, and all the current am teams are former Crs/CLG/Dig kids who aren't that great, or former Legion/Orbit/etc. A lot of old guards, and they don't look that great...but the am scene will improve a lot with KR teams competing. It would be hard for a lot of KR teams to qualify with NA LCS with only 3 spots open each go around, and waiting for each split, and the long time between seasons will cost them a lot of money in the long run. Finding an NA sponsor would be difficult, and I wouldn't be surprised if Quantic ends up selling this team like they did C9. They aren't the most stable.

Top 4: Fnatic, Ozone, SK T1, Ozone (I think all 4 qtr final teams will lose)

Oh I see. Yeah I know next to nothing about the Korean teams. I just assume they are better than everyone else lol.

Yeah I hear you on the Quantic thing. I think I remember them having issues with their cod or halo team as well. I can't really remember which game it was, probably cod or both.

I've been thinking this the whole time during the NA split, I think C9 will get absolute shit on. I don't really think they are super far ahead of everyone else in NA, I just think NA is sucking as a whole and C9 are the ones with their shit together the most.

I wish I could make solid predictions, but I just don't know anything about anyone other than NA and EU.

Almost to my promo series for silver 2. Got to love when the other team throws the game after winning the entire time.

Feels good man.

I beat a guy in normals to calling top and he instalocks riven and said top after me. I'm then like seriously man? I called it first and showed him me typing it first before him and hes like oh well someone called jungle so i couldnt go any other role and I was like there were 3 other spots open....anyways i told him its fine and ill go adc as Cait. I actually had a good Soraka support and started game 6-0 easily winning lane against a Sona and Teemo. Meanwhile top lane Riven proceeds to go 1-7 snowballing into a horrible game and their Trynadamere becomes fed and we just couldnt bring enough damage to a team fight so the top lane guy starts a surrender vote and it succeeds and we lose.

lol i have no problem at all letting people play a lane even if i call it if they are just willing to ask. The fact that the guy was a dick by instalocking and then ruining our team comp being so behind just made me so frustrated because it could have been prevented if he would have just cooperated with everyone. If you are going to instalock atleast be decent in your lane then!

So who is excited to watch the World Championships today!?

Rooting for TSM and Cloud 9!

So who is excited to watch the World Championships today!?

Rooting for TSM and Cloud 9!

Woke up at 7 am this morning. The wait is killing me! Rooting for TSM, Fnatic, and Gambit.