CoachMayyne

My Thoughts on H4GC

I just had a cartoon idea inspired by this thread. If I get around to drawing it I'll be sure to share.

Were you the one who drew the 'abusive father with a belt beating the child' Halo cartoon? I laughed at that much more than I should have. 

Were you the one who drew the 'abusive father with a belt beating the child' Halo cartoon? I laughed at that much more than I should have.

What? No.

I did a couple strips at THC before they went belly up. Ghost was a waiter in one of them... I don't think the BE guys liked that one very much...

• Upvote (+1) 1

i just would like a little bit of details and specifics.  Something a little, tiny bit more than "they get it. Trust me".

Is that so hard to ask for?

I already posted some of the things that were discussed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the thing about "getting it" for me, after a few words with 343, you think they get it.

That's not relevant to me.

What's important is that you KNOW they "get it", and I believe you can only truly know after you have more information and/or played the game, if 343 gets it, they have to prove it. 

I would say to start pushing for a Beta. Only then we can start saying "Okay, Okay, Now we talking" 

I don't think the BE guys liked that one very much...

Why do you say that? I liked the Maven/Gandhi one the most.

We should post it for a 10th time.

Oh I know you did.  I was just asking for coachmayne to share what he learned as well.

We should post it for a 10th time.

You mean a 2nd time.

Saucy posted specifics in that thread that you locked.  I know that.   He was the only one that I saw however, and I would like to see some specifics from coachmayne's perspective.

Other's have said that 343 "gets it", but without any specifics.

I honestly do not feel that that is too much to ask for. The only reason why I bothered to read the whole OP was because I was looking for info that he got from talking with 343 about their opinions on certain aspects.  Unfortunately there were none.  Just a "they get it".  

Am I really asking for more than I should? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean a 2nd time.

Saucy posted specifics in that thread that you locked.  I know that.   He was the only one that I saw however, and I would like to see some specifics from coachmayne's perspective.

Other's have said that 343 "gets it", but without any specifics.

aPK, Saucey, and I have posted it numerous times since it was first brought up in detail, trust me I know what we post.

Why do you say that? I liked the Maven/Gandhi one the most.We should post it for a 10th time.

It was a little overly critical in retrospect and probably painted the picture in a simplistic light. Altough that's kind of the point of critical cartooning.

I don't regret drawing it as it was true the information available at the time, but as I understand it now, Ghost has been asking for no sprint settings but is not recieving them, so it isn't as true to the actual situation.

I'm sure if mine and ghost's roles were reversed, I probably wouldn't have exactly been happy with the situation is all.

What? No.

I did a couple strips at THC before they went belly up. Ghost was a waiter in one of them... I don't think the BE guys liked that one very much...

Aw, I remember seeing it on Beyond a few times. Made me laugh. Can't seem to find it, though. :/

It was a little overly critical in retrospect and probably painted the picture in a simplistic light. Altough that's kind of the point of critical cartooning.

I don't regret drawing it as it was true the information available at the time, but as I understand it now, Ghost has been asking for no sprint settings but is not recieving them, so it isn't as true to the actual situation.

I'm sure if mine and ghost's roles were reversed, I probably wouldn't have exactly been happy with the situation is all.

Just to be clear, no one at Beyond has issues (or had) with your comics. I'm not sure if you caught my post in the other thread but::

When we first started the forum we had a staff meeting and discussed grudges/past issues with members. We made sure not to ban/warn anyone for any past problems and gave everyone a clean slate regardless of the past when they signed up for the forum.

People are free to make whatever, it's the internet. We got the nature of the comics and didn't take them personal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to be clear, no one at Beyond has issues (or had) with your comics. I'm not sure if you caught my post in the other thread but::

People are free to make whatever, it's the internet. We got the nature of the comics and didn't take them personal.

Pretty thin line I'd imagine between what's acceptable and not for critical comics though. 

Pretty thin line I'd imagine between what's acceptable and not for critical comics though. 

Really comes down to the nature of the art/comic. We knew it wasn't for hate but humor.

we're cool. I'm glad that can all be water under the bridge. No hard feelings either way.

There were never hard feelings from us.

I thought the comic strips were hilarious.

Does anyone have any of these comics/links to them? Halo inspired art is something I really love. 

Does anyone have any of these comics/links to them? Halo inspired art is something I really love.

I feel like I derailed this thread enough. If it's cool with the beyond guys I'll post a link on OT of GD or start a different thread eventually.

Edit: or cyren will post them all. Haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The comics were funny - I personally enjoyed them.  And trust me when I say no one was bothered by them.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

LOL. Thank you. SloppyBottom you got some serious skills there. I know it is probably much to ask for, but it would be sweet if you did like one every week for the Beyond site, and maybe they could work with putting it up on the front page. 

LOL. Thank you. SloppyBottom you got some serious skills there. I know it is probably much to ask for, but it would be sweet if you did like one every week for the Beyond site.

Haha. Well thank you, but I didn't even do them weekly when I was at THC, maybe every once in a while I'll do one and post it on the forums.

I do take commissions tho ;)

I just had a cartoon idea inspired by this thread. If I get around to drawing it I'll be sure to share.

Will you now  :lxthul:?

Yes, I will be answering your guys questions

• Upvote (+1) 5

Will you now  :lxthul:?

To keep things back on topic, Mayyne are you planning on responding to some of the questions on the thread?  :apk: