CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

I think that a classic Halo will fail. I think that you have to have AAs (done correctly, meaning, they take skill to pull off well) in order to not fail. See Titanfall's hype, YOU CAN WALL RUN!

I agree with this mostly. You have to try SOMETHING different. They key is to get it right (aka take skill to pull off and is useful but not OP).

This. No Hitscan will always promote movement and strafing as a vital part of shooting. LEAD DEM SHOTS

I actually kind of agree. Halo 5, from the sound of it, might use their dedicated servers to the games advantage. BF3 uses traveling code if I'm not mistaken. It's a great game.

Ryanoob is a top 5 Halo 4 player.

Ogre 2 wasn't a top 5 player in Reach.

ogre 2 got carried by Ola and roy in 2011. Seriously honest opinion. I think the man still has it, but does not care since Halo's quality has declined. 

Mine

• Halo 4 is unfixable
  • I didn't hate bloom
  • Ogre2 has been very overrated for some time now
  • Team Throwback was one of the best playlists ever in H3
  • Halo3 had the best forge
  • I liked MLG Territories in Reach
  • Reach 1v1s were very fun.
  • Halo3 had the best UI
  • XboxLIVE>LAN
  • ranks is the most important thing to keep Halo alive.
  • We will be in the same spot we are now post-H5 launch ...ie: lack of tournies, lack of ranks, lack of playlist management, all around bad game
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I honestly believe that a lot of people who run around saying Halo CE was the best never even played it until CEA.  Not saying it was or wasn't the best... just a lot of posers who think they're cool when they say it.  Post pics of your original HaloCE disc mofos!  Just found mine not to long ago.

O5wqkA3.jpg

The discs are lost to time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

O5wqkA3.jpg

The discs are lost to time.

This is epic only because my pudding gif is in the background!  I said a lot not all.  CE came out when I was a freshman in highschool and from what I've seen I'm older than a lot of people here :unclesudd: .

Halo CE's Multiplayer doesn't interest me... don't have the child nostalgia

Halo 2's campaign doesn't interest me

Halo 3 Custom Games were better than the matchmaking (Excluding the Competitive Community)

Halo: Reach TU settings were almost as good as no bloom settings.

I enjoy Dual Wielding

I hate Halo 2's Maps

Reach's DLC Packs were very enjoyable for me

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mine

• Halo 4 is unfixable
  • I didn't hate bloom
  • Ogre2 has been very overrated for some time now
  • Team Throwback was one of the best playlists ever in H3
  • Halo3 had the best forge
  • I liked MLG Territories in Reach
  • Reach 1v1s were very fun.
  • Halo3 had the best UI
  • XboxLIVE>LAN
  • ranks is the most important thing to keep Halo alive.
  • We will be in the same spot we are now post-H5 launch ...ie: lack of tournies, lack of ranks, lack of playlist management, all around bad game

I agree with a lot of that, however, how can you say Halo 3's forge was better when Halo Reach/4 have the same toolset multiplied by x10 at least. Maybe you meant Custom Games were better in Halo 3?

Also I edited out your last two points because they were not Halo related and might be viewed offensive by some people.

Throwing the ball in Ricochet is more fun.  There have been tons of times I could have run it in but I throw it for the fun.

I agree with a lot of that, however, how can you say Halo 3's forge was better when Halo Reach/4 have the same toolset multiplied by x10 at least. Maybe you meant Custom Games were better in Halo 3?

Also I edited out your last two points because they were not Halo related and might be viewed offensive by some people.

lol :P

For one, it has color!

And not just in custom games.  And I guess I'm just speaking on behalf of the maps provided as forge maps in Halo3.  Essentially  (Foundry, Sandbox) > ForgeWorld and H4Forge.  Onslaught in H3 was incredible, but in Reach and H4 it looked like just another forge map.  I also liked the default versions of Sandbox and Foundry in matchmaking as compared to maps such as  (Relay, Settler, Asylum, Pinnacle, Hemmorhage etc)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE's Multiplayer doesn't interest me... don't have the child nostalgia

Halo 2's campaign doesn't interest me

Halo 3 Custom Games were better than the matchmaking (Excluding the Competitive Community)

Halo: Reach TU settings were almost as good as no bloom settings.

I enjoy Dual Wielding

I hate Halo 2's Maps

Reach's DLC Packs were very enjoyable for me

Is it safe to say you enjoy playing halo casually for fun more so than you do competing?

not sure if this is unpopular but radar completely ruins halo as being any bit competitive. no radar promotes team communication which is hard enough if you get in by yourself because for some reason most players on halo don't have a mic or don't realize how big the team aspect is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually kind of agree. Halo 5, from the sound of it, might use their dedicated servers to the games advantage. BF3 uses traveling code if I'm not mistaken. It's a great game.

BF3 hit boxes suck. Ever get killed when you're behind cover? Thank client side reg for you.

I actually loved halo 3 equipment and thought the power drainer should have been a power weapon In MLG. Also equipment > armor abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well, as a casual player I do have a few.

I like Custom Loadouts, although I would like to see them striped down in Halo 5.

The Gauss Hog should not exist.

I love Invasion.

8 v 8 is better than 4 v 4.

I have faith is 343.

All the snipers are hard- but that's mostly due to the fact I suck.

I enjoyed Countdown.

The Needle Rifle was more fun than the Carbine.

Competitive play lacks a variety of weapons and AA's on the maps- seeing all the same weapons gets boring. 

not sure if this is unpopular but radar completely ruins halo as being any bit competitive. no radar promotes team communication which is hard enough if you get in by yourself because for some reason most players on halo don't have a mic or don't realize how big the team aspect

If anything they need to take it back to the old radar that only shows a dot NOT if they're above or below you.  I like radar when I'm playing by myself.  If I have a to4 that communicates I don't like radar.

I miss the bubble shield.  Especially lifting on narrows with the bubble shield around you.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fun topic. I'm always ready to take an unpopular stand!

1. Halo 4 GC showed that sprint can make matches more exciting to watch by introducing the chase, the escape, and opponent movement prediction as active game elements (

(this is Beyond's GC recap video: 5:10+, 5:28, 7:50, 10:29, 11:32, and 11:48.)

2. Halo CE campaign took less skill on Legendary than Marathon did on Total Carnage.  Halo 2 took it down even further by introducing ridiculous amounts of aim assist, and then tried to compensate with cheap game play elements like Jackels w/ beam rifles everywhere. (Nevertheless, both were awesome, which is obviously not controversial :)  And yes, I am still bitter about the Jackels)

3. With the exception of Finish the Fight and Never Forget, Halo 4's soundtrack was better than 3's.

4. Developers have access to better market data and understand their business (which is to make money) much better than gamers.  Playlists that have been introduced to be "closer to Halo's roots" have been abject failures in terms of player count/retention and provide further evidence of this.  The direction Destiny is headed provides yet further evidence of this, where Bungie is introducing tremendous amounts of customization, skill trees, characters classes, loadouts, sprint and even aim down sites.  Destiny will be a commercial success in part because of these elements.  Old school gamers will be left to curse it and long for the good old days when we had to mow through 171 Elites with only a generic off the shelf assault rifle.  Without even any fancy artwork on it.

5. Halo 4 was a tremendous success in the only way that counts for 343.  Halo 5 will be a huge success in terms of dollars regardless of how broken people think Halo 4 is. 

6. Nothing 343 could have done w/ Halo 4, including basically updating the graphics of Halo 3, would have allowed it unseat CoD in terms of multiplayer popularity, which is the flavor of the moment, much like H2/H3 was the phenonmen of its day.  

• Upvote (+1) 2