CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Here's mine:

The number of people who truly understand H2 is way smaller than the number if people that think they do. Take H2 wall-glitching for example: so many people THINK they know what it is, but honestly have no idea of what it is and how to use it effectively. There's a reason I can beat kids with Quadshot controllers 1v1, and it isn't because I'm just a smarter player.

Second unpopular opinion:

HALO CE PISTOL HAS AUTO-AIM AND BULLET-MAGNETISM TOO. This is a fact. Stop trying to deny it (certain) CE players. Yes, shooting is harder in CE compared to H2, but please get off your ivory tower of acting like there is no 'help' from the game. Yes, H2 should have about half the BM as it stands IMO, but as others have pointed out; we're console plebs, and aim assist/BM drive the game. Quit being such "aiming skill" elitists when #PCMASTERRACE idiots make fun of CE for having aim assist and bullet-magnetism too. You are not making your cause look any more credible.

Here's mine:

The number of people who truly understand H2 is way smaller than the number if people that think they do. Take H2 wall-glitching for example: so many people THINK they know what it is, but honestly have no idea of what it is and how to use it effectively. There's a reason I can beat kids with Quadshot controllers 1v1, and it isn't because I'm just a smarter player.

HALO CE PISTOL HAS AUTO-AIM AND BULLET-MAGNETISM TOO. This is a fact. Stop trying to deny it (certain) CE players. Yes, shooting is harder in CE compared to H2, but please get off your ivory tower of acting like there is no 'help' from the game. Yes, H2 should have about half the BM as it stands IMO, but as others have pointed out; we're console plebs, and aim assist/BM drive the game. Quit being such "aiming skill" elitists when #PCMASTERRACE idiots make fun of CE for having aim assist and bullet-magnetism too. You are not making your cause look any more credible.

Here's mine:

I remember sharing Cizzats Halo 2 Refresher videos with a lot of Halo 2 people and I was shocked how many of them never knew or saw the stuff in the refresher course.. 

Wasn't there a competitive mod for Halo 4? I'm guessing likely only usable with LAN/Offline use...

A no sprint mod (not sure if it was separate from pro mod or the same thing) but it was usable online.

Here's mine:

H2 is still ass though

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, shooting is harder in CE compared to H2,

Yes, H2 should have about half the BM as it stands IMO,

You are not making your cause look any more credible.

Uh, 'kay. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo: Reach, with TU and v7 settings, is far and away my favorite Halo. V7 was impeccable in my opinion.

I wouldn't say impeccable, but easily the second best Halo gameplay out there. I personally like it even more than CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is my favorite Halo.

I loved the three competitive Foundry maps, and even some test maps.

Didn't mind leading my shots.

Preferred Halo:CE to Halo 2.

Hated Reach's campaign because it contradicts Eric Nylund's Fall of Reach.

Didn't care about ODST.

Halo 4 is equally as terrible as Reach.

I enjoy Halo 2: Anniversary. It just lacks diversity in the maps.

I'm not a fan of Pit or Guardian for Team Slayer. Pit King and Guardian Ball rocked, though.

Simplex was actually a good map in Halo 4.

Halo: Reach, with TU and v7 settings, is far and away my favorite Halo. V7 was impeccable in my opinion.

V7 is great, however there really isn't much depth. Besides outshooting your enemies, there's no real ways to outplay them. 

Reach had the nicest aesthetics and armour out of all the Halos.
I miss armour effects #bringbackInclementWeather

Halo to me is more about campaign than MP. Not much more, but I grew up playing the campaign, only properly got into MP around 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 3 was the most visually beautiful game.

Pit could stay as a flag map for the remainder of eternity. I have ZERO qualms with that map for flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good thread.

Heres mine:

Lockout is overrated and I like Guardian more.

I prefer non hitscan.

That's all I got for now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 campaign is best campaign. Halo 3 is worst campaign. 

Edit: Love being negged for opinion in a unpopular opinion thread.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Leading shots in Halo was the greatest thing to have since it separated the good players from bad. 

People wonder why you can't completely destroy casual players in h2a anymore, that's why. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my opinion Halo 1 is the only good, competitive Halo title. Halo 2 was fun because of XBL, but in terms of competitive merit it was a huge step down from Halo 1. Halo 3 was even worse. I never stuck around long enough with Reach because at launch it was even worse than Halo 3. Halo 4.......well, it's fucking Halo 4. 

The competitive community has a tendency to be douchier than normal when "casual" players are interested in competitive. (Especially when they disagree on certain points)

Also, the attitude of most competitive players that aren't Top 8 is just plain obnoxious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A no bloomed DMR takes more skill to shoot than a BR

lol, of course it does. I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. Most people would agree with you.

lol, of course it does. I don't think this is an unpopular opinion. Most people would agree with you.

Although most people hated it I feel that the bloomed dmr took more skill then nb as not only did it require precision aim but pacing of shots as much as people bitched I thought it was interesting philosophy

I find Reach nostalgic, if only in a dejected way. Maybe it's the sound design, I don't know.

The reason I did not particularly enjoy Halo 4's campaign lies solely with the gameplay, particularly the AI.

I don't like the Bravo/Goldenboy combination. There needs to be someone like Walshy in there to balance out the play-by-play.

Modern Halo is way too hitscan dominant considering its relatively slow movement.

It's a terrible idea to make all playlists unranked.

It's a terrible idea to make all playlists ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 3