CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

I think Ogre2 has been washed up for years but is just good at putting quality players together......nothing against him personally but I don't find him very supportive off a game that has done so much for him

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach v7 shows that H2A will never have a chance because it's all about the release....doesn't matter if H2A turns out good in the end they already lost the "majority" including many good amateur players

Also I liked bloom as I felt it to have one of the biggest skill gaps in the games history.....it was the opposite of "spray" philosophy and required actual skill to aim and pace shots

Pre-patch Boltshot is better than both the Mauler and the Shotgun for competitive play.

nothing wrong with the weapon on its own until you can spawn with it. 

i thought it was ridiculously tacky that it took 11 shots to kill but had 10 before you reload though. really lazy way to balance it.

Halo 4 is not a bad game at its core. Legendary Slayer was a fun and competitive gametype.

yea halo 4 with no sprint settings was pretty good. if it didn't have flinch either i think it could have had some legs in the vein of ZBNS. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Keep in mind Halo Ce is my favorite video game...

Halo CE completely fails when it comes to being "Easy to learn, hard to master" because of the spawning system, to a new player it seems to be completely random.

The frag grenade's blast radius is way too large

Being able to carry 8 nades is just dumb

I think the fact that you must switch to your secondary weapon to be successful is dumb

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the fact that you must switch to your secondary weapon to be successful is dumb

A lot of people have differing opinions on this.  I'm still undecided myself.  As an idea, yes, its dumb and its unintuitive for new players.  However, in execution, it does serve as the slight buffer that keeps you from getting 3'd by a player that just spawned in a lucky spot.  It is what stands in the way of rewarding players for dying.  Keep in mind how long it takes to get your shields in CE.  Imagine how much more you would fear players spawning in on Prisoner if they could pistol instantly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A lot of people have differing opinions on this.  I'm still undecided myself.  As an idea, yes, its dumb and its unintuitive for new players.  However, in execution, it does serve as the slight buffer that keeps you from getting 3'd by a player that just spawned in a lucky spot.  It is what stands in the way of rewarding players for dying.  Keep in mind how long it takes to get your shields in CE.  Imagine how much more you would fear players spawning in on Prisoner if they could pistol instantly.

Adding onto this, I think a change that could benefit both parties is having the Pistol be the primary weapon, but forcing the draw animation as soon as a player spawns so they don't have to hit Y, but still have to wait a second before being able to fight back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Adding onto this, I think a change that could benefit both parties is having the Pistol be the primary weapon, but forcing the draw animation as soon as a player spawns so they don't have to hit Y, but still have to wait a second before being able to fight back.

The perfect Halo game would have a 3-shot DMR that's really just a reskinned CE pistol as the primary weapon. And  disagree with  the idea of being at a disadvantage off spawn, I think that makes spawn camping easier than it should be. 

I like the Halo 2 campaign just as much as Halo CE's campaign, but for different reasons. Mostly because of how glitchy it is. (glitchy SP games are a guilty pleasure of mine. Non-Halo unpopular opinion: Crash Twinsanity is one of my favorite Crash Bandicoot games for this reason).

Plus, the jackal snipers never really bothered me.

To be honest, I find every other Halo campaign too easy by comparison. Halo CE is kind of hard, but every campaign after that was just child's play.

Oh...also:

Dinos belong in campaign as enemies. I cringe when I see dinos online. I'm not sure why, they just bother me on a deep level. Even before I knew about the differences between headshotting them and spartans in Halo 3, I still didn't like them. I laughed maniacally at all the elite players when Reach came out. (Maybe not unpopular around here, but I'm sure there are some social slayer guests out there who would find this quite offensive).

Perfect.

Here's one of my most unpopular opinions: Sprint is bad for Halo. Apparently only 11% of Halo fans agree with me.

Please don't hurt me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

H2 is only slightly better than H4 and is definitely the worst of Bungie's Halo games, I even think Reach is better. H2 was a complete downgrade from CE in every single way, including both campaign and MP. H2 also somehow managed to have a much uglier art style than CE, despite being released 3 years afterwards. Just an unpleasant game to play overall. CE fans thought it sucked when it came out and is only seen as 'classic' Halo now because of nostalgia.

Probably my biggest unpopular opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H2 also somehow managed to have a much uglier art style than CE, despite being released 3 years afterwards.

Everything looked overly gritty, and unlit in H2.

I never played h1 or h2 back in the day, but when it comes too mcc, for me it's H1> H3 > h2.

H1 and H3 feel fresh and new still. H2 just feels dated.

Feels the same as going back to goldeneye, wow this shit feels old now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never played h1 or h2 back in the day, but when it comes too mcc, for me it's H1> H3 > h2.

H1 and H3 feel fresh and new still. H2 just feels dated.

Feels the same as going back to goldeneye, wow this shit feels old now.

I never played Halo 2 in it's hay day either and agree, it just feels, outdated. My least favorite Halo by quite some way. 

People who say "insert halo here" kids, are the worst.

faaark accidental neg rep sorry.

Totally agree.

Halo 5 isn't going to die as quickly as people here think/hope. Ranks, HCS, & other cool stuff will keep population up much longer than H4. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 would have almost been the perfect game (forge, theater, aiming skill) if it weren't for the BR.

Halo 3's Forge felt antiquated when the game was released, now its even harder to go back once you've been spoiled by Forge's that are actually decent.

V7 could have easily been the best post-CE Halo if it were actually V1. ;)