CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Competitive Grifball has a lot of potential.

Competitive Grifball would have been better than Halo Reach V1-6.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The European scene not using Ghost's settings is stupid.

Ghost not using the European scenes setting is stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I liked the story told in Halo 2's campaign, but I found the level design and execution of boss battles to vastly reduce the replayability of it. Halo 3 did "boss battles" better with Brute Chieftains & Scarabs as they didn't do silly things like create holograms that somehow wield real weapons or completely ignore the rules every other enemy abides by.

I don't think that Halo 3's mission Cortana was especially difficult or badly designed - by occasionally confusing the player I think it really helped with the atmosphere when playing it for the first time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 years later, the Halo CE campaign is absolutely terrible. Its extremely repetitive and boring. There are 2 missions that come to mind, I dont remember their names. But i think it might be the library? The one with the flood and you seriously walk around for 30 minutes doing the same thing. And the other was that one where you would walk over those bridges and go into the same type of rooms for like 5 hours. Then take like an elevator once of twice.

I don't want a Halo 2 remake.

I'll further this and say I dont want a H1,2,3,reach, or 4 remake, or maps. I want a brand new, great, Halo game to build new memories like we have in those passed titles.

Get rid of the BR. (or actually make a game with a good strafe and smaller hit boxes.)

Though being an absolute BxR whore, among skilled players that could do it, it really wasn't as great as it was made out to be. If you were host, you will win 98% of BxR battles. And also counter in the lunge and also not even having the reticle on their head sometimes. You remember that battle where you would be like 15-20 halo feet away from someone, and they would just hold forward (while you are yelling "dont do it, dont do it) and get a huge lunge and BxR you.

Lockout 1v1's are seriously stupid. If host gets sniper, you have to charge across a wide open top mid, or straight hallways/sight lines for the rest of the game. Or lets say you actually get sniper, and the other guy has host. He can back you down and challenge you with those host shots, forcing you to make an epic quick/no scope. If im playing a lockout 1v1, its going to be: spawning with BR and snipe, and radar off.

I thought the Reach sniper was hard :( (probly due to it shooting 0.5 mph and not being able to sweep)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 was the beginning of the end.

I believe Halo 2 was the closest we've gotten to perfect Halo.

:bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate to be the guy who just keeps asking you to expand on your points, but yeah, that's me. What about the Halo CE multiplayer? I assume it has little to do with competitive merit, and you just generally prefer the freedom and variables future titles have provided?

Halo 2 was incredibly glitchy. It also packed the most content into a disc game by far during it's release. In 2004 we literally had nothing to play that was close to Halo's scale. One can argue the button glitches added depth, or that they broke the game. Personally I'm content with them. Superbouncing, Sword/Rocket Glitch, etc were ones that absolutely broke the game, but at the same time I don't exactly know if I would remove them or not... I would like to from matchmaking, but those two glitches actually gave us more of the halo world than what we were supposed to experience.

-snipped the long stuff-

The maps and the movement were a huge hindrance to me. There is other stuff  I don't really want to go in-depth because I fear for my safety with Cursed Lemon online  :goldenboy:

Halo 2 was without a doubt at its time a great game, but nowadays? People intentionally forget its glaring issues because they wanted to remember the good times (nostalgia) - hence why I said H2A would be a huge flop. 

Jetpacks were worse for halo reach than sprint or armor lock. Jetpacks broke the maps and ruined gameplay as a starting AA. 

Halo CE had the best maps for 1v1's. 

Hitscan is better than leading shots in H3. 

The next Halo should be Halo 5 not Halo 2 Anniversary. 

I'm tired of exact remakes. I'd like to see more inspired by older maps. (Shutout is a "remake" of Lockout. Guardian was inspired by Lockout. Enough said.)

Solace still has the potential to be a good map, it just had to play sideways (like it does in ricochet) and be forged properly. 

The mantis isn't good for any H4 map. 

The gauss hot shouldn't be on any map ever.

Plasma rifle should come back to replace the storm rifle. (I just like it better even though it is pretty much the same thing.)

Spartan Ops cinematics were amazing, even though spartan ops itself wasn't too great. 

Even with all the flaws Halo 4 could still improve 100% if they edited the maps right and used the right gametypes.(taking slayer pro out of infinity slayer is stupid, and is prob a ploy to get people to play throwdown again) You can drop the motion tracker from 40m to 25m like old times, get rid of ordnances and starting AA's and personal loaouts, put weapons on map, and many other things. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Projectiles > Hitscan all day. But I understand the need for hitscan due to network difficulties.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Projectiles > Hitscan all day. But I understand the need for projectiles due to network difficulties.

You mean the need for Hitscan? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sandtrap is the best btb map because of the chaos.

Hologram is the best AA.

Thrusterpack is overrated.

Powerhouse is the best Reach map.

I don't care as much about sprint as ordinance or JiP.

Reach had good btb, it emphasized on smarter driving.

Multiteam is best with 4 teams.

343 did a decent job with balancing the primaries and secondaries outside the pp and the carbine.

Invasion is awesome.

Lockout, and all maps inspired by it, has a terrible design, and is an overall, boring map.

Halo 3 is the worst Halo.

Halo 4 has given me the most fun in a Halo game since Halo 2.

Halo Spartan Assault has the best single player experience that 343 has published.

Halo 4 deserves the GotY edition.

Adrift allows more teamwork then Station 9.

Simplex is the worst "Midship" map we have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Awesome thread idea aPK

- Zealot is impossible to figure out where you are and thus, is my least favorite MP map of all time

- I also don't like Countdown (sorry aPK)

- Halo Reach Post TU with the Halo 2 ranking system would have been a great game. Reach had the best mechanics IMO

- Slayer on The Pit is my favorite game type.

- Halo 2 Team slayer starting with SMG's brings a style of gameplay that I love. The fight for power weapons and map control become infinitely more

important. Add in dual wielding and maps like Turf, Lockout, Ivory tower and you've got yourself a playlist.

- The phrase "Online means nothing" doesn't fly these days (of course assuming its a pretty good connection). 

- My favorite playlist of all time is Halo 2 Team snipers

- Halo 2 was the easiest game to snipe in.

- Top 5 players of all time - Ola, Ogre 2, Ogre 1, Walshy, Karma. Karma's 2006 performance alone puts him there. The dude was untouchable.

- Superbouncing was fair. Everyone could do it and it was a legitimate strategy.

- 1 bomb on Terminal is my favorite BTB game type

I honestly believe that a lot of people who run around saying Halo CE was the best never even played it until CEA.  Not saying it was or wasn't the best... just a lot of posers who think they're cool when they say it.  Post pics of your original HaloCE disc mofos!  Just found mine not to long ago.

The maps and the movement were a huge hindrance to me. There is other stuff  I don't really want to go in-depth because I fear for my safety with Cursed Lemon online  :goldenboy:

Halo 2 was without a doubt at its time a great game, but nowadays? People intentionally forget its glaring issues because they wanted to remember the good times (nostalgia) - hence why I said H2A would be a huge flop. 

Halo 2 had so many problems with it to fit on the page. That doesn't mean it wasn't revolutionary and had some incredible things in the game that could still be there in H2A along with fixes to the problems. The nostalgia could even be relived if the game is made properly

Ok my turn.

I like some aspects of Halo 4.

Sprint isn't the end of the world. (Ide much rather take out no descope, flinch, AA's, PADs)

I like Halo 4's hitmarkers, I like Halo 4's Br. Hell I even like my halo 4 strafe. And I like Halo 4 Pulse grenades.

I actually prefer Halo without hitscan.

H3 was great with no hitscan but suffered because of the poor BR spread and netcode.

This. No Hitscan will always promote movement and strafing as a vital part of shooting. LEAD DEM SHOTS

1. H2 was the worst Halo, what with all it's bugs, glitches, exploits, and noob friendliness. BXRing doesn't make up for the fact auto aim was so strong rockets fucking curved. 

2. Spartan Ops is an awesome concept and it's really fun. It just had a rocky start.

3. Reach is the definitive and best Halo. Not because of vanilla settings, but because zero bloom and anniversary settings could be played on great remade and forged maps. It's custom settings were also the most extensive out the box (disregarding mods in H4), Forge was easier and better than H4's, and Firefight. 

4. For the most part, H4 settings are still enjoyable on a default level. Just take away personal ordnance and I really don't mind it. Team Slayer settings is nice.

5. Arena could have been way better than 1-50 and it still can be in later games. Reach just implemented it terribly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think that a classic Halo will fail. I think that you have to have AAs (done correctly, meaning, they take skill to pull off well) in order to not fail. See Titanfall's hype, YOU CAN WALL RUN!

The Arena ranking system once switched to focus on wins & losses rather than individual performance would have been a better system than 1-50 if it had the population to allow for accurate & fast matchmaking. It was hampered more by its implementation than its actual way of ranking players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Boneyard from Halo Reach was a good map. I can't really explain why. I just always had great and fun BTB games on it when I played. Didn't like it in Invasion though.

It was designed from the ground up for invasion and was the best invasion map IMHO. The only reason it was in BTB was due strictly to its size. It had issues with BTB because it wasn't designed for BTB.