CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

I think the worst transition from halo to halo when it comes to terms of skill gap is H1-H2

H2-H3 was bad but the amount of skill that was dropped when h2 came out is immeasurable 

• Upvote (+1) 2

WELL THAT WAS AS VAGUE AS YOU CAN GET... OBVIOUSLY WE DON'T KNOW HIS DAILY JOB ROUTINE BUT I AM PRETTY SURE HE HAD ENOUGH INFLUENCE BASED ON HIS POSITION TO BE ABLE TO NOT MAKE THIS GAME SUCK

You know this thread is about unpopular Opinions... never did I say I was right, just stated what I thought about it.

I´m pretty sure aPG´s intension with this thread was to get discussion going, not yell at each other like little kids...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ordnances and loadouts are what did it. If not a feature or mechanic then it's just cuz halo is passed it's prime.

People need to stop saying that. We haven't had a "legit" Halo game since Halo 3. Halo:Reach changed with having loadouts and spawning with power ups(AAs) and Halo 4 is some fucked up hybrid. We can't say Halo is past it's prime until we get a game we actually wanted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Legendary mode is lame in all Halos

It just makes enemies more bullet sponges.  Games need to be more innovative with Hard mode difficulties.  Like Hell and Hell in DMC4, Bayonetta Hard mode (No witch mode), etc

At least do something like make the AI much more knowledgeable or something.  Just adding more damage for them and me giving them less damage is a boring way to create a "Hard Mode"

I haven't played even 1 second of Halo single player since H2. I've got better **** to do, like watch grass grow or paint dry.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Legendary mode is lame in all Halos

It just makes enemies more bullet sponges.  Games need to be more innovative with Hard mode difficulties.  Like Hell and Hell in DMC4, Bayonetta Hard mode (No witch mode), etc

At least do something like make the AI much more knowledgeable or something.  Just adding more damage for them and me giving them less damage is a boring way to create a "Hard Mode"

I thought they did increase the AI?

The only difference I saw in the Halo legendary campaign AIs is that they eat more BR/Plasma Pistol shots than if you were playing on Normal. 

The only difference I saw in the Halo legendary campaign AIs is that they eat more BR/Plasma Pistol shots than if you were playing on Normal. 

They are also more accurate with weapons/grenades, and seem to strafe more. This isn't really better AI, but fighting enemies on legendary is more entertaining than just shooting normal enemies more times. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are also more accurate with weapons/grenades, and seem to strafe more. This isn't really better AI, but fighting enemies on legendary is more entertaining than just shooting normal enemies more times. 

I never really noticed that to be honest. I'm too busy screaming at my moniter after having some random Promethean/Jackal Sniper/Rocket Flood kill me from out of nowhere after I'm about a foot from a checkpoint. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never really noticed that to be honest. I'm too busy screaming at my moniter after having some random Promethean/Jackal Sniper/Rocket Flood kill me from out of nowhere after I'm about a foot from a checkpoint. 

But that's what made it fun

• Upvote (+1) 1

For me, it's that Halo 2 had the worst campaign, which I don't think is true at all. The ending was bad, everyone knows that, but overall I loved the Halo 2 campaign. The variety of locations the missions take place in, seeing the story line through both the POV of Master Chief and the Arbiter, the music - I loved everything about the Halo 2 campaign minus the ending which no one liked :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

aBG pls. Don't make me play Halo 4 with you to make you fully understand my rage. 

If I could make a recommendation, play any level with Wraiths on legendary.

1. They will one shot you across the map when you're behind a rock.

2. Tank beats ghost, Tank beats hunter. Tank beats Everything! (except any of the 20 wraiths on infinity)

3. I don't even know why 343 would waste the time to allow boarding wraiths; Get within 10 feat and you are splattered, jump on and the gunner shoots you off. Successfully board it and it explodes, completely lowering your shields.

Legendary also increases the AI's projectile velocity.

Their behaviour typically just gets a bit more aggressive when they can cover ground and more defensive when they can't. Otherwise they basically just soak up more damage, shoot more accurately & with faster projectiles, and throw some ridiculous grenades from time to time.

And despite the added sponginess they're all still dead easy to kill. I'd really appreciate it if they became significantly smarter on higher difficulties and the default health on Heroic & Legendary was the same (preferably at Legendary level).

WELL THAT WAS AS VAGUE AS YOU CAN GET... OBVIOUSLY WE DON'T KNOW HIS DAILY JOB ROUTINE BUT I AM PRETTY SURE HE HAD ENOUGH INFLUENCE BASED ON HIS POSITION TO BE ABLE TO NOT MAKE THIS GAME SUCK

He's actually more in a management type of position. His job is to get the most production out of the people underneath him.

For me, it's that Halo 2 had the worst campaign, which I don't think is true at all. The ending was bad, everyone knows that, but overall I loved the Halo 2 campaign. The variety of locations the missions take place in, seeing the story line through both the POV of Master Chief and the Arbiter, the music - I loved everything about the Halo 2 campaign minus the ending which no one liked :P

I loved the halo 2 ending.

Totally left me pumped to "finish the fight".  One of the coolest lines he ever delivered.

• Upvote (+1) 2

More aggressive and strafing a little, which honestly was still easy to hit them either way.

Legendary also increases the AI's projectile velocity.

Their behaviour typically just gets a bit more aggressive when they can cover ground and more defensive when they can't. Otherwise they basically just soak up more damage, shoot more accurately & with faster projectiles, and throw some ridiculous grenades from time to time.

And despite the added sponginess they're all still dead easy to kill. I'd really appreciate it if they became significantly smarter on higher difficulties and the default health on Heroic & Legendary was the same (preferably at Legendary level).

Which is kinda lame.  Halo and a lot of other games need to have higher difficulties that are actually interesting and innovative.  Things like shooting more accurately is something nice, but when the main problem in the Hard mode is just shooting enemies more it's a bit boring on how it's more difficult. So yeah  i agree with the health increasing a bit but the AI in general becoming extremely smart on how to kill you and things like that.  Not just super accuracy/insane damage

I enjoy Doubles Pro in Halo 4 more than Team Throwdown. (Subject to change with v5 haha)

This for me, basically because I'm not serious enough about the game to find 4 people who can play well enough as a team to do well, and I despise searching throwdown solo (JIP like a boss)