CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Competitions like those should be many games of J.U.M.P.S if you know what that is. It's like playing HORSE in basketball except trick jumping in halo.

I could see Halo speedruns being a thing. Loved the forged platforming courses I played in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Race should have its own playlist. Action Sack, Double EXP - something. So many awesome race tracks were made, and then the gametype was removed >.>

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ordnances and loadouts are what did it. If not a feature or mechanic then it's just cuz halo is passed it's prime.

The Infinity system was definitely a huge turn-off for the majority of the player base. The other problems were the lack of good maps maps, staple playlists such as Team Snipers, and in-game ranks; the nail in the coffin was the release of Black Ops II in the same month. Everything that could have gone wrong did.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I eat enough alcohol wipes, Halo 4 is actually pretty balanced as far as modern shooters go. Nothing is actually glaringly bad to the average gamer (who thinks sprint, flinch, and ordinance are fine). The strongest primary weapon doesn't kill in a third of the time as the other weapons, people can't spawn with OSK snipers or rocket launchers, the AA's technically have counters, and individual perks don't really affect gameplay that much (as much as Ghost in Blops or Resistance in Blops2).

While Halo 4 doesn't have any of the negatives associated with a modern shooter, it also doesn't have any of the benefits. Primary weapon choices are really bland, with only two classes (rifles and automatics). Players never get the feeling that their weapons are deadly, because the majority of weapon take more than 4 bullets to kill. Players can't use their loadouts to create actual classes. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

As for my unpopular opinions (I'm ready for the backlash):

• MLG Columbus '12 proved to me that Reach v7 could be as good as Halo 2 (not saying it was or is, just that it had the potential to be).
  • Pistola is the GOAT, not Ogre 2, and has been since maybe the final year of Reach.
  • Ogre 1 was better than Ogre 2 in H1 & H2.
  • Epitaph with the Shield Doors removed was a good map.
  • Powerhouse was a great map, and the best map in Reach.

If you weren't an administrator... Would you be ready? 

If I eat enough alcohol wipes, Halo 4 is actually pretty balanced as far as modern shooters go. Nothing is actually glaringly bad to the average gamer (who thinks sprint, flinch, and ordinance are fine). The strongest primary weapon doesn't kill in a third of the time as the other weapons, people can't spawn with OSK snipers or rocket launchers, the AA's technically have counters, and individual perks don't really affect gameplay that much (as much as Ghost in Blops or Resistance in Blops2).

While Halo 4 doesn't have any of the negatives associated with a modern shooter, it also doesn't have any of the benefits. Primary weapon choices are really bland, with only two classes (rifles and automatics). Players never get the feeling that their weapons are deadly, because the majority of weapon take more than 4 bullets to kill. Players can't use their loadouts to create actual classes. 

Hey maybe that means that Halo doesn't need any of that?! Just a thought

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey maybe that means that Halo doesn't need any of that?! Just a thought

Of course, everyone here wants a return to classic Halo. However, my point is that, when compared to other modern shooters, Halo 4 is fairly well balanced. The biggest thing I look for in mp video games is a lack of BS, meaning that Halo 4 is better than most.

- I´m about 98% sure that I´ll get Halo 5. 1 % is for me not having the money and the other if I see the GoW covering system beeing implemented into the game :kappa: No matter what happens to it, I still want to play a FPS in which I can turn around and defend myself while getting shot/engaged. Halo is the only game that provides this feature. - I don´t like button glitches. - Kevin Franklin deserves about 5% of the hate he get´s. - Having to lead your shots is bad for the gameplay (not sure if unpopular?)

Kevin Franklin is the Lead MULTIPLAYER designer of Halo 4, please look at Halo 4's multiplayer at launch and be sure to pay special attention to "slayer pro" or as I like to call it: "the effort Kevin Franklin put in towards the only people playing his game 6 months later."

• Upvote (+1) 4

A few more

Red vs Blue is not funny or interesting.

Abandon is the best new map since Halo 3.

Zealot was only decent on Doubles.

They need to take the Rail Gun off of Throwdown, and every other playlist.  It is overpowered and does not take any skill.

Solari is playable on Doubles.

While the Grenade Launcher was lots of fun to use it was terrible off host.

Ghost is doing a good job with Throwdown.

H3 was more competitive than any other Halo.

If everyone who played in 2009 was playing in 2005 (at the same level) Final Boss would not have won nearly as many events as they did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like ODST's HUD.

Having the info for weapons/nades on the bottom of the screen was nice.

I'm in this boat. The HUD worked in CE, but it is the one thing I would change about it. Every other game ever has ammo at the bottom right.

Kevin Franklin is the Lead MULTIPLAYER designer of Halo 4, please look at Halo 4's multiplayer at launch and be sure to pay special attention to "slayer pro" or as I like to call it: "the effort Kevin Franklin put in towards the only people playing his game 6 months later."

I know the many flaws of Halo 4 and it´s multiplayer. I know his job description! says multiplayer lead designer. Yet none of us know what he´s specifically doing, what he has an influence on (and actually uses it) and how his daily job routine looks like!
As I said I only think it´s that way, maybe he deserves even more? None of us will really know for sure though
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2) Sprint and Flinch aren't the main reasons why players left Halo 4.

100% agree. Listing why however takes too much time.

Agreed, but the actual map designs even with NS are poor. 

Ironically I feel BTB maps are even more poor in design. All flat clusterfucks.

Thruster pack is the one of the coolest additions to Halo and I love to think how cool it would have been in Halo 2/3. Not everything new is bad.

Titanfall thought it was really cool too.

Red vs Blue is played out and trash

Raleigh 2011 was the best event after H3

Goofy snipe on SK > Neighbor's ball grab on Dynasty

If Pistola played H1, or was older enough to play more H2. He wouldve dominated everyone

Construct was the best halo 3 map.

Im fkn sick of playing pit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is the worst in the series. Reach and halo 4 both have more competitive merit than halo 3. Didn't have to be this way if shots would register on LAN at least, but that's bungie for ya.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would like to be able to roll by default if sprint is removed. Each time you use it you can't use it again for 10 seconds. The thruster pack should also be removed, or buffed to be 2 times better.

How are either of these unpopular?!

Lol, well Halo 3 was the most popular Halo in terms of competitive community. We got super mainstream back then.

And I fucking hated it. Playing online was like pulling teeth 75% of the time.

I also liked Simplex v3 > Simplex v4, lololol.

-Halo 2 is the best and most competitive 4v4 Halo game

-Halo 3 had the best Halo campaign

- Halo Reach was better than H4 with ZBNS, it just wasn't that fun of a game

- Halo needs to innovate with H5(good innovation aka not copying cod) or else next-gen games like Titan-fall,Destiny,ect.. will make it really seem "out-dated".

- Elitism in the comp Halo community has been a significant problem for as long as I can remember and has played a part in stunting our growth.

• Upvote (+1) 2