CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Man to hear people say halo 1 is bad is like hearing someone say Zelda is bad. It just hurts.

That's what it felt like for me when you said halo 2 made you rage quit

Yes, but please explain your reasoning.

Doesn't seem like it, sounds like a lot of people dislike halo CE around here. The movement especially.. The ones who love halo CE are the ones who I feel understand how to play at a kid to top tier level. I mostly assume if people can't get past the movement, than they most likely don't know the random spawns or the grenade points.

I'm fine with people not liking halo CE. Aboveinfinty stated he did not so I asked for clarification. If you're a competitive player and dislike halo CE, I'm much more interested in hearing why players dislike it. From a casual standpoint, I can understand that halo CE is far from ideal.

Yes, but please explain your reasoning.

Confession: I've played CE once. It's 100% non multiplayer based and it's because I trick jump and it is all I really play halo for. CE's movement is HORRENDOUS. Just everything about is just nauseating. 

Confession: I've played CE once. It's 100% non multiplayer based and it's because I trick jump and it is all I really play halo for. CE's movement is HORRENDOUS. Just everything about is just nauseating. 

Well at least I feel better about your reasoning now. Its different and I at least understand how someone who came up on the sequels would dislike it. I think it's fine but I've played probably 10,000 games of it.

Well at least I feel better about your reasoning now. Its different and I at least understand how someone who came up on the sequels would dislike it. I think it's fine but I've played probably 10,000 games of it.

A lot of people think their 1st Halo game is the best. I think Halo 3 is amazing and I know people who started with Reach and thought it was amazing. There's even a new generation of kids who love Halo 4. If someone didn't grow up playing CE then they're not going to appreciate it or have anywhere near the knowledge it takes to be good at it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You said unpopular.

The single most iconic Halo image is the cover of Halo 2. Remember all the life size Master Chief statues dual wielding SMGs? That is the HALO that was cemented into the cultural zeitgeist. If I had never played Halo before and I picked up Reach or Halo 4, I would be very confused that I couldn't dual wield.

Look at Rambo - the image everyone loves is from Rambo 2, with him rocking dual machine guns. It's FUCKING BADASS. Regardless of how it actually influences gameplay (I have gone into depth on that on THC, it can work) dualing is a signature for Halo.

If you want to convince people to play your game - do something with it that the other games don't. Yes, a ton of other games have had dualies but modern games don't anymore.

I understand that people think dualies don't work in competitive play but the fact of the matter is that (EVEN MORE UNPOPULAR OPINION) studios need to sell a bunch of copies to casuals. Dual wielding is a concept that can make casual play more fun without fundamentally ruining the rest of matchmaking.

You just defended dual wielding with logical statements that make sense and are understandable.

You have just done what nobody on old B.Net could do in 8 years. Kudos.

That said:

-V7 Reach is the most competitive Halo overall, with CE having the best core.

-The maps in CE left much to be desired.

-MLG Guardian is an awful map.

-Sanctuary 1v1's are the most boring event to watch, ever.

-CE had the worst vehicle mechanics of any Halo.

-Invasion is the most entertaining gametype to exist in Halo.

-BTB is awful in Halo 4.

-ODST is the most innovative Halo.

-Lockout is mediocre, its only strength being the accuracy of Halo 2's BR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- FFA is not competitive at all and has no business being treated as a serious test of skill

- There has never been a truly competitve Halo game (CE had host advantage, H2 had registration issues, H3 BR had random spread, Reach grenades interacted inconsistenly, and Halo 4 is a mess)

- CE 1v1s were the greatest games in MLG history

You just defended dual wielding with logical statements that make sense and are understandable.

You have just done what nobody on old B.Net could do in 8 years. Kudos.

That said:

-V7 Reach is the most competitive Halo overall, with CE having the best core.

-The maps in CE left much to be desired.

-MLG Guardian is an awful map.

-Sanctuary 1v1's are the most boring event to watch, ever.

-CE had the worst vehicle mechanics of any Halo.

-Invasion is the most entertaining gametype to exist in Halo.

-BTB is awful in Halo 4.

-ODST is the most innovative Halo.

-Lockout is mediocre, its only strength being the accuracy of Halo 2's BR.

I find myself agreeing with all of this. I liked some CE/PC maps though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly can't provide any logical or sound reasons as to why I enjoyed the map even in competitive standings. It was just a hill.. with tunnels underneath. However it was still one I enjoyed. It was very simple in terms of gameplay, but much like how the pit put emphasis on pushing as a team, (forced emphasis) I felt isolation was great at forcing players into open field team shooting. Again it's very simple so I can understand why players don't like it, but goddamn would my team do amazing on that map.

Imagine how much better the map would have been if the bottom half of the map wasn't there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE is bad.

No seriously the PAL version is. It runs on 85% percent of the actual game speed, no joke.

Seriously get the NTSC version (for EU/AUS people.)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is a non-troll and completely serious opinion. Halo CE is the worst Halo no question.

Most unpopular opinion in this thread?

Where are you from? (Serious question!)

It was designed from the ground up for invasion and was the best invasion map IMHO. The only reason it was in BTB was due strictly to its size. It had issues with BTB because it wasn't designed for BTB.

I didn't have issues with it in BTB. 

As for my unpopular opinions (I'm ready for the backlash):

• Ogre 1 was better than Ogre 2 in H1 & H2.

Anyone who watched h1/h2 VoD or played against them can tell you that og1 > og2 every time

Halo 2 1v1 Warlock/Carbine at MLG are some of the worse Halo I've ever watched, boring and bland. Not doubting skill btw.

(To clarify, I think 1v1 Lockouts are the best ever)

Only time it wasn't was Hali vs StrongSide ( the 3 game tie breaker )

Mine

• The DMR is the 2nd best gun we've been given in the series.
  • KillaKC = 343ayame 
  • h3 online was unplayable
  • H2 > H1 > Reach > H4 > ODST > Halo Wars > Spartan Assault > H3
  • Ryanoob is a top 5 h4 player
  • Abandon is the best h4 map
  • Backwash, Isolation, Reflection, Boarding Action were all slept on maps
  • 5 v 5 is the best way to have competitive BTB
  • AGL should only do events in Columbus, Dallas, Chicago, and NY.
  • Best Man is cute 

I think Halo 4 is great fun. 

And that seems to be the definition of being a moron in most of the communities views. But that is fine, I can handle that.  :D