CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

I like that you can't drop the flag in Halo 4.

I think the Light Rifle is more fun than the BR.

I think Chillout is a mediocre map. 

I think if Reach had a good ranking system there would've been a lot less complaining.

I hated playing King of the Hill on Construct and I think King of the Hill in general is a terrible competitive game-type.

Elimination matches in Halo 1 is the most fun I've had in Halo

I like that you can't drop the flag in Halo 4.

:blink:

Mind stating why?

While the BR has more aim skill, an AR requires you to position yourself better and pick your battles wisely.

This is something I always wished more people were aware of. You have to be aware of your engagement distances, etc. In no radar gametypes, those weapons really serve a good role and obviously bring a good variety to the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That map pack got absolutely blasted by nearly everyone, since it was just 2 multiplayer maps and 1 Firefight map. Most people didn't even bother to give the actual maps a chance (Condemned was awful though).

agree about condemned. Though I think Highlands was definatley the best BTB map out Reach and 4 and Unearthed is my favorite Reach firefight map, so I'd say it was a pretty successful map pack.

This one is the most interesting to me. Why is Halo CE your least favorite Halo? Why do you feel Halo 2 was overrated?

Just not a fan of it, I probably should have mentioned the MP only (I was a huge fan of the Campaign, in fact I'll go edit that in).

Halo 2 was a good game, no doubt but it was the buggiest Halo to date. There is no doubt stuff like the BXR, BXB, etc added to the skill gap but it was blatantly unfair and should have been fixed. People always claim H2 was the best game to date but forget it had glaring flaws. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Guardian is one if my favourite maps.

I absolutely loved Boarding Action.

Zealot was a crap map because it was way too dark. If it had been lighter, it night have been decent.

I liked COD 4 better than Halo 3.

I think that CSR is crap.

I think that Reach's Arena was a step in the right direction ranking-system-wise. Though the first couple seasons got it wrong, the final couple of seasons were right.

The voice acting was the only thing I liked about the Halo 4 campaign.

I hated ODST's firefight because it was too hard.

Zealot could have been one of the best 4v4 maps had Top Middle been structured differently / better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some more:

Both Spartan Ops and the Campaign of Halo 4 feature awesome levels that could easily be made into maps, campaign maps are generally of high quality

I like the limited Jet Pack in Halo 4

Grifball can be extremely competitive

Ricochet is a mess

• Upvote (+1) 2

halo 2 is the best halo ever made.

halo 1 is overrated

Ola is the greatest halo player ever

1v1 is halo 4 is stupid

str8 sick shouldve won the 200k

• Upvote (+1) 2

I enjoyed playing the Halo: Reach MLG Playlist more than I enjoy playing Halo 4 Team Throwdown.

I enjoy playing asymmetrical maps more than symmetrical 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Composer was the best campaign mission in Halo 4.

I'd rather have preset loadouts than start with ARs.

Blood Gulch is a shitty map.

Skyline is too cluttered, and therefore a shitty map.

Halo 3 mulitplayer was ass.

2/3rds of the Halo 3 campaign was ass.

Halo 2's campaign was really good until the 2nd to final mission.

Spartan Ops was good.

Spartan Ops story was very good, until the last episode.

I like QTE's in Halo.

I like the white text in the screen.

Grifball is ass.

King Of The Hill post Halo 2 is ass.

Oddball in Halo 4 is the best iteration.

I actually like Settler.  :gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 3

:blink:

Mind stating why?

I don't want to derail the topic, but:

- I really like the flag pistol personally.

- I think that changing flag movement from *how can I get flag to cap the fastest* to *how can is score the flag safely* is fun

- Strategic element and objective players become more important, because you can't have someone who stacks heavies/power weapons, go in the base, take flag, drop flag use the powers and then go back and score...instead you need to decide the risk / reward between who should pick the flag up.

- Flag juggling was fun, and stuff, and sped up the gametype, but I think it's more fun and changes CTF from "get powers and wreck shit" to "co-ordinate pushes and protect the objective player", whereas before anyone could get the flag, pass it around, drop it and still be perfectly fine to defend themselves, or even over power the others (like I said before, if they had power weps). 

Just my unpopular point of view. lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

• Team Snipers can be competitive game type (descope version only tho)

Halo 2 was the best campaign (darker, great art style, music, boss fights, it was amazing)

We should have a system with no voting, ur just given something next. 

Button glitches are a way to evolve Halo and FPS. I think button combos to gain upperhand on opponents is a sweet way to add depth, not "attachments" since its more fun seeing someone get an insane kill cuz he pulled off a combo, rather then picking rapid fire before game started or whatever.

ODST was an amazing game, and if it had it's own style of multiplayer, maybe a more "realistic" version attached to it, might have been at least interesting for a side game. Also the FireFight in that game was BIG good fun!

Halo 4's campaign was fun and entertaining, but there was a lot of tacked on stuff, felt like they were trying extremely hard to lump in whatever cool things they could from other games, movies. Give em Pelican, give em biggest elephant ever, give em Star Wars scene, give em quicktime moments (which I hate) It's like they were trying to blow their wad with this game. Oh and wtf I love Cortana!!

I love arena shooters or arena style shooters still. I must be old fashioned, but that's just how I roll i guess.

Depth In Game and not in Lobby is way more entertaining, fun, fair, and balanced. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ogre 2 wasn't a top 5 player in Reach.

I don't think he was a Top 15 player in Reach, to be completely honest.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't want to derail the topic, but:

- I really like the flag pistol personally.

- I think that changing flag movement from *how can I get flag to cap the fastest* to *how can is score the flag safely* is fun

- Strategic element and objective players become more important, because you can't have someone who stacks heavies/power weapons, go in the base, take flag, drop flag use the powers and then go back and score...instead you need to decide the risk / reward between who should pick the flag up.

- Flag juggling was fun, and stuff, and sped up the gametype, but I think it's more fun and changes CTF from "get powers and wreck shit" to "co-ordinate pushes and protect the objective player", whereas before anyone could get the flag, pass it around, drop it and still be perfectly fine to defend themselves, or even over power the others (like I said before, if they had power weps). 

Just my unpopular point of view. lol

I actually agree with you about not being able to drop the flag for some of the reasons you stated above, however I'm iffy about the flagnum. The waypoint shouldn't be a thing, and auto-pickup is flawed.

• Halo CE was my least favourite Halo MP
  • I hate the Battle Rifle (2 (post and pre), 3 and 4)
  • Halo 2 was overrated and H2A would flop

Mark-Wahlberg-Confused-In-The-Happening.

Anyways, my stuff:

• Halo Reach NBNS is better than Halo 2 (glitches shouldn't make or break a game's credibility)
  • Reach had no good maps
  • Narrows was the worst map in Halo 3's rotation, Iso King was better
  • Halo 3's best default map was Construct, the best DLC map was Citadel
  • Sanctuary is not a good map by any standard
  • Colossus had the potential to be the best Halo 2 map (and is my favorite)
  • Halo 2 isn't even in the same league as CE, and comparing them is an insult

There should have been a Tower of Power tournament.

Beaver Creek, Zanzibar, and Blood Gulch are the best Halo maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just not a fan of it, I probably should have mentioned the MP only (I was a huge fan of the Campaign, in fact I'll go edit that in).

Halo 2 was a good game, no doubt but it was the buggiest Halo to date. There is no doubt stuff like the BXR, BXB, etc added to the skill gap but it was blatantly unfair and should have been fixed. People always claim H2 was the best game to date but forget it had glaring flaws. 

I hate to be the guy who just keeps asking you to expand on your points, but yeah, that's me. What about the Halo CE multiplayer? I assume it has little to do with competitive merit, and you just generally prefer the freedom and variables future titles have provided?

Halo 2 was incredibly glitchy. It also packed the most content into a disc game by far during it's release. In 2004 we literally had nothing to play that was close to Halo's scale. One can argue the button glitches added depth, or that they broke the game. Personally I'm content with them. Superbouncing, Sword/Rocket Glitch, etc were ones that absolutely broke the game, but at the same time I don't exactly know if I would remove them or not... I would like to from matchmaking, but those two glitches actually gave us more of the halo world than what we were supposed to experience.

Around Halo 2, the only other FPS games that I played were Unreal Championship, Rainbow Six 3, and Mech Assault.

Unreal had the T.A.G Rifle which was essentially a huge blast from a satellite, almost identical to the hammer of dawn, except one bullet only (OP). There was a glitch where you can point the beam into the sky and cycle through your weapons twice until landed back on the T.A.G Rifle and then you would have unlimited ammo. Unreal also had a teleporter gun or telefrag gun, where you shoot a "disc" and are able to teleport at any time to it, whether it's still in air or landed. You could only imagine the flag runs and spawn killing, but instead you can use this disc to shoot in-between the rocks and the ground, getting under the map and just start shooting people without them being able to see where.

Rainbow Six 3 was an incredibly high lethal tactical FPS. There was almost no running and gunning in that came, and it was more about watching choke points and staying alive. You were able to lean around corners and position yourself so you are barely seen. That said, there was a glitch where you could "lean walk" and have it so the enemy sees your body/head in a leaning position, when really you are coming at them without leaning. Your bullets would go right through his face and no damage taken. Besides that, Action Replay allowed players to carry multiple rifles and basically insta-kill grenades. This is also my first experience with stand-bying. The whole stand by thing was huge in Halo 2, but this is where I think it got it's break.

Mech Assault was the least buggy of the games I mention, but also offered the least in terms of gameplay. Various maps had dividing hills to create lanes (like the pit) for CTF and other gametypes. However smaller mechs could "circle walk"  which was a terrible term for it and climb every single hill in the game.

So this huge wall of text is to show that not only was Halo 2 the only game to have an abundance of glitches, but some of the only FPS games that could be considered playable around that time are filled with game breaking glitches. Mech Assault could be argued that it added depth though.

TL;DR - Halo 2 might be overrated by today's standards, but at it's release (after patch) it was in a league of it's own in terms of gameplay and content. Other FPS games around it's time offered less, and contained many bugs and glitches as well. I think people hype Halo 2 and will rate it higher than it should have been in todays standards, but I feel it wasn't over rated at the time.