CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Since Halo 3 (and purely because of Forge and Custom Game settings), 1v1s had the potential to be the most competitive way to play Halo ever. Most of the Forge community could probably vouch for me when I say Reach 1v1s really had the potential to blow up as a competitive entity if given the proper chance.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand that people think dualies don't work in competitive play but the fact of the matter is that (EVEN MORE UNPOPULAR OPINION) studios need to sell a bunch of copies to casuals. Dual wielding is a concept that can make casual play more fun without fundamentally ruining the rest of matchmaking.

If I'm not mistaken, No Duals was done in Halo 2 MLG settings for reasons of reducing the clutter of spare weapons being on the map, not for any actual sandbox balance reasons.

Since Halo 3 (and purely because of Forge and Custom Game settings), 1v1s had the potential to be the most competitive way to play Halo ever. Most of the Forge community could probably vouch for me when I say Reach 1v1s really had the potential to blow up as a competitive entity if given the proper chance.

Halo 1v1s will never measure up to Quake 1v1s.  Halo doesn't have the same level of Minor, but Meaningful power-up pick-ups so they become much more snowbally.  Also, the movement in Halo 1v1s is much clunkier.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I'm not mistaken, No Duals was done in Halo 2 MLG settings for reasons of reducing the clutter of spare weapons being on the map, not for any actual sandbox balance reasons.

Pretty sure they wanted the noob combo off Lockout, for example. 

It was done because of the prevalance of Plasma Pistols / Noob combos during matches.

For multiplayer, anything other than 2v2s in CE is pretty average.

I 100% agree. The 3sk pistol did not work well in 4v4s.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 1v1s will never measure up to Quake 1v1s.  Halo doesn't have the same level of Minor, but Meaningful power-up pick-ups so they become much more snowbally.  Also, the movement in Halo 1v1s is much clunkier.

I never said it would measure up to Quake. I never think they would either.

I hated Narrows, gameplay felt clunky and slow

I enjoyed playing as the Arbiter in the Halo 2 campaign

Boardwalk was a decent map

I like the Crimson map pack

• Upvote (+1) 1

I 100% agree. The 3sk pistol did not work well in 4v4s.

meaning, it was too difficult to accomplish objective in 4v4s?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular opinion, I like Halo 4. I adapted after playing halo 4 and I don't try to compare it to other Halo's. of course I like playing H3, and reach as well but I also enjoy h4.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Highlands (the BTB map included in the Defiant Map Pack in Reach) is one of the best BTB designs we've ever seen in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

meaning, it was too difficult to accomplish objective in 4v4s?

Yeah, for the most part.

Highlands (the BTB map included in the Defiant Map Pack in Reach) is one of the best BTB designs we've ever seen in Halo.

It had huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge framerate issues looking cross-map, and a low ceiling so air vehicles weren't able to be used, despite the looooooooooong map and amount of vertical cover that air vehicles could've used to dodge dip duck dive and dodge.

Is that opinion really unpopular? because I totally agree.

Is that opinion really unpopular? because I totally agree.

That map pack got absolutely blasted by nearly everyone, since it was just 2 multiplayer maps and 1 Firefight map. Most people didn't even bother to give the actual maps a chance (Condemned was awful though).

Using an Automatic weapon can take just as much skill as using a precision weapon like the BR.

While the BR has more aim skill, an AR requires you to position yourself better and pick your battles wisely.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Boneyard from Halo Reach was a good map. I can't really explain why. I just always had great and fun BTB games on it when I played. Didn't like it in Invasion though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

-If forged correctly with the right power weapons/spawns/etc. Powerhouse and Reflection would have been good maps for competitive play. With the correct gametypes as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, for the most part.

It can feel that way for the most part, especially if you try to play on wizard. I've played HeH matches that lasted over an hour due to how hard it was to cap. HeH flag is incredibly fun though, regardless of difficulty. You can find matches where it looks like it's terrible, or matches where you are amazed at how well they work. Remember TDT's 7 second cap on battle creek? The set up for that is rather difficult since you have someone running the flag and someone waiting for the toss. It worked so well because despite it being a 2 on 4 situation in the creek, the pistol empowered the player enough to lock it down.

Valid enough opinion though.

• Halo CE was my least favourite Halo
  • I hate the Battle Rifle (2 (post and pre), 3 and 4)
  • Halo 2 was overrated and H2A would flop

This one is the most interesting to me. Why is Halo CE your least favorite Halo? Why do you feel Halo 2 was overrated?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's mine:

• Halo Reach ZBNS is amazing and a lot better than both Halo 3 and Halo 4
  • The Reach campaign is absolutely amazing and easily one of the best in the series
  • I like Halo CE more for its campaign than its multiplayer
  • Skyline is way overrated
  • Halo CE was competitive purely by accident, and not because Bungie intended it to be and designed it that way
  • Standoffs between teams like on Lockout are both intense and fun to watch (most of the time)
  • Salot's Lockout remake was great and we should have kept it in the competitive settings
  • It was also my favorite map (Forge and non Forge) to play in Halo 4 until Onyx came out
  • I'm a big proponent of using Forge remakes for competitive settings, we should do it a lot more often
  • The Crimson Map Pack was great and had some of the best BTB maps ever (Shatter and Wreckage)
  • Team Snipers is competitively viable
  • Isolation was a good and fun map