CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

i dont like the horizontal backsmakcks since Halo Reach. I prefered the One Handed verical backsmacks from the old Halos. I also liked the organic sounds better, i dislike the metalic sounds.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like fighting Brutes more than fighting Elites.

While playing the Reach campaign a couple of days ago, I noticed that the Plasma Pistol is insanely good against brutes.

While playing the Reach campaign a couple of days ago, I noticed that the Plasma Pistol is insanely good against brutes.

PP owns in pretty much every Campaign IIRC, so long as your 2nd gun is headshot capable. 

I just love how Brutes are so aggressive; I hate passive enemies in both campaign and multiplayer.

I think the competitive community for Halo as a whole is one of the worst competitive communities I had to deal with

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think the competitive community for Halo as a whole is one of the worst competitive communities I had to deal with

I think this is could be a rather popular opinion if one has been around the community long enough haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this is could be a rather popular opinion if one has been around the community long enough haha.

Lol probably

What's funny is I went to two tournaments in a day.  One was Halo and one was for Fighting Games.

Halo, well this was out of my city so I wasn't with my locals (which are really cool guys and don't mind your skill level).  There was a few players who aren't tournament vets for Halo and it was there first tournament I believe.  Those guys were getting harassed so bad and being shit talked about how bad their skill level and that they should just stop going to tournaments because their skill level isn't up to par.  

Later that day I went to a fighting game event (this was in my city).  Funny enough, it was my first big tournament for fighting games.  I got raped in Street Fighter and I was not harassed at all.  What actually happened was the guy who knocked me out of the tournament was playing casuals with some other players.  He invited me to play with them and I said "dude I suck, you know that".  Guy just said forget it, no one cares. I played and through out the whole time I was there, I was told a crap load of pointers on what to do.  Like what to do in this position, how to do x combo, etc.  By the end of that day I was becoming way better and actually beat the guy who knocked me out a few times.  I even went against a few pros who were helping me out as well.  It was awesome. I actually made a lot of friends who were above and beyond my skill level when they were helping me out

TL;DR: halo community is mean.  Other communities are nice and helpful

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lol probably

What's funny is I went to two tournaments in a day.  One was Halo and one was for Fighting Games.

Halo, well this was out of my city so I wasn't with my locals (which are really cool guys and don't mind your skill level).  There was a few players who aren't tournament vets for Halo and it was there first tournament I believe.  Those guys were getting harassed so bad and being shit talked about how bad their skill level and that they should just stop going to tournaments because their skill level isn't up to par.  

Later that day I went to a fighting game event (this was in my city).  Funny enough, it was my first big tournament for fighting games.  I got raped in Street Fighter and I was not harassed at all.  What actually happened was the guy who knocked me out of the tournament was playing casuals with some other players.  He invited me to play with them and I said "dude I suck, you know that".  Guy just said forget it, no one cares. I played and through out the whole time I was there, I was told a crap load of pointers on what to do.  Like what to do in this position, how to do x combo, etc.  By the end of that day I was becoming way better and actually beat the guy who knocked me out a few times.  I even went against a few pros who were helping me out as well.  It was awesome. I actually made a lot of friends who were above and beyond my skill level when they were helping me out

TL;DR: halo community is mean.  Other communities are nice and helpful

It's crazy how much they differ. It's hard to compare anything to the fighting community though.. I mean it's not a SF community of a SSB community, it's the fighting community. Sure not everyone plays the same games, but they're at least slightly more united than we are. I'm sure they bicker about which game is more competitive, but nothing like the joke we have comparing CoD to Halo.

At meadowlands 08 I played 2v2's with random people at I believe the BenQ projector booth with T2. He was decently cool, not too personable but I don't quite know how much of his personality I wanted. He was chill until he found out the guy he was calling out to was on the other team and then didn't feel like entertaining a bunch of kids below him.

However, I also met MLG's Fighting legend Grand Calculator. He was pretty known within the MLG community, and not just for his fighting skills. (and epic april fools joke) He took the time to talk to me and listen to how I felt about fighting games as a FPS player. I compared various things and talked for quite some time. It felt very much like talking to cT. He made me appreciate fighting games more, and especially got me interested in SF4 when it came out. I enjoyed fighting games growing up, and played tons of Street Fighter 2, Ultimate MK3, Primal Rage, Tekken, MVC and a SHIT TON of Clayfighter (nostalgic favorite) but Calc opened my eyes in general towards fighting games. I understood the basics of mind games, keeping a fresh style, and that good zoning/spacing work resulted in opportunities to punish, but he taught me how to process that information. It was an honor to learn underneath someone who was that skilled and professional.

There are very few out there who give that sort of experience. Name one person in the halo community who gives that sort of experience without charging money for lessons or something ridiculous.. You named cT yet? Good, now who else? Nobody.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5 will be better than Halo 3.  Divisional/seasonal ranks, gametype customisation and varied Classic/Infinity Matchmaking will ensure this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I have a lot of different opinions from most, but one of the main ones is that the decline of Halo began with Halo 3, not with Reach.

Also, and I don't know how unpopular this belief is but, I think button glitches in H2 played a huge role in making it probably the best competitive FPS experience.

Elite slayer was fun or should i say sticky slayer either way was fun as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. I think Slayer is a boring gametype to play or watch

2. Speaking of which, competitive Invasion with balanced preset loadouts should've been a thing. Would be very fun to watch all the teamwork and strategies that'd pop up, and it is very unique compared to other game types

3. My least favorite map in Reach was not Sword Base, Hemorrhage, or Uncaged, it was BTB Spire and it's variants. Fuck that map...

4. I can't for the life of me understand why the general population likes Halo Reach's gameplay more than Halo 4's (the general pop didn't play ZBNS). You go and play Team/Super Slayer, the bread and butter of Reach, and tell me how much more fun AR's on Swordbase, Uncaged, and Reflection is. There you'll be praying to get a precision weapon in your hands, only to realize that it was about as random to even more random than the BR ever could be. Tell me how that's better than the game with better sandbox balance, no AL, and something close to the ZBNS DMR out of the box. Bonus points if there's nade spammers, AL, and Jetpackers.

5. My favorite Campaign was ODST. If it was longer it'd be perfect.

6. I actually like the new CTF more than the old one, outside of Competitive play of course. It's much better at directing mic-less randoms, and I very often see people going for the flag. I just wish you could stand on it to return it again.

7. I liked every map in Halo 3 that I got to play. Isolation was one of my favorites. Although I was pretty casual back then, it still holds up when I do play

8. My favorite BTB map in Halo 4 is Meltdown at launch. Throwing 2 Mantises on the map has the same effect as putting 2 solid walls in the middle of a race track.

9. I think the AR needs a damage nerf.

10. The general community may not notice (I didn't notice when I never went on forums), but I hate how awful Halo 3's aiming and spread mechanics are along with the net code. Don't know why, but it feels shitty.

11. I miss small team objective

12. Halo 4 failed because of a lack of replay ability and competition of other games, not because it "turned into COD", although that was a factor...

Reach: Arena, LONG progression system, lots of playlists, Firefight, Campaign, general multiplayer, Invasion, eventually BTB Heavies (was very popular in MM), awesome Forge, (in my opinion) the best customs, some interesting challenges, 13 maps at launch (including Forge variants as they functioned like Built In maps in MM), good for Machinima

Halo 4: No skill based ranking system until April (and it's not even in game), worse Forge initially, very short progression system, BAD customs (excluding modded game types), Dominion (not as good as Invasion), very few playlists at launch, Spartan Ops (not nearly as good or customizable as Firefight), Campaign, general MP, no BTB Heavies (then only BTB Heavies in June), boring challenges, 10 maps, not as good for Machinima

13. I can't decide whether I want them to improve Halo 2 if we get an Anniversary edition, or leave it the same, just to prove to people that nostalgia's a bitch. Still was good for it's time though

14. I like Halo 4's gameplay, just dislike how little replay-ability the game has

15. Sanctuary 1v1's (or 1v1's on most 4v4 maps) are really boring to watch or play

16. I liked the NR more than the DMR, BR, and Carbine. Just needed more accuracy and power.

17. I miss the Focus Rifle and Plasma Launcher, and wish a buffed version of each would come back, or maybe a Focus Rifle for midrange (smaller scope).

18. The Forerunner sandbox, minus the LR should be completely scrapped and redone to be more unique. Along with some Covie weapons

19. I don't see the problem with adding more loadout options to Throwdown and putting AA's on map. *puts on Flamesuit

20. I liked the Falcon more than the Hornet

21. Ragnarok doesn't work too well with Halo 4's sandbox, and the Mantis' ruin what's left

22. I hate the BTB maps in 5v5 CTF

23. Balanced Asymmetric maps are better than symmetric

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably the biggest one:

I like patched Halo 4 slightly more than v7 Reach. The maps in Reach were so terrible, that I barely spent over 2 hours total playing v7 MLG.

Probably the biggest one:

I like patched Halo 4 slightly more than v7 Reach. The maps in Reach were so terrible, that I barely spent over 2 hours total playing v7 MLG.

There are about 2/3 disc maps in Halo 4 that I don't consider 3D turds. I felt the V7 maps were far more relevant to the game than H4's maps are to its game.

Please explain dis to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are about 2/3 disc maps in Halo 4 that I don't consider 3D turds. I felt the V7 maps were far more relevant to the game than H4's maps are to its game.

Please explain dis to me.

Honestly, I hated every on disc map in Reach, except Countdown. The Forge maps in Reach weren't that great either. I'm not saying Halo 4 maps are good, just saying that I like them better than Reach's maps.

I think Reach was a good game and better than H4 atm, i played reach religiously and felt quite let down by H4, i havent played it since the 2nd week of the H4GC but i always keep up to date with the competitive scene by watching as many streams as i can and always checking forums, with H4 i havent had the addiction to play it since it came out but with Reach i was playing all day everyday for about 6 months then i started to lose intrest but still played it every now and again but with H4 i have no desire to play it whatsoever.

I like Halo 3 more than Halo 2 and I consider Halo 3 to be the best game to date by far. I also enjoyed ODST and consider it to be an expansion pack of Halo 3.

Honestly, I hated every on disc map in Reach, except Countdown. The Forge maps in Reach weren't that great either. I'm not saying Halo 4 maps are good, just saying that I like them better than Reach's maps.

I legitimately laughed when I read that, simply because you like the one Reach map everyone else hated.  :lol: 

I like Countdown and Zealot, and in my opinion, Nexus is the one of the best KotH maps in Reach. I didn't particularly dislike any of the remakes (Pit with a consistent utility weapon wasn't too horrible.)Not even including the amazing Dammy and OK Beaver Creek remake that didn't make it into the playlist. Onto H4, I don't even think its fair for me to attack Throwdown's forge maps, despite my extreme dislike of them, completely and utterly. On to the disc maps, Abandon is in this state. You can either have: a) An inconsistent utility weapon or b) Beach. Having both makes the map really suck. Forged variants even exist where beach is blocked by crates, so its not impossible to keep the BR. Haven is OK, but by no means good. Skyline is good. Adrift is by no means the worst map to ever be in the "competitive" playlist, but its close (They are finally removing it, no?).

Add that into H4's new "features", and I find V7 to be far superior to TTD Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not even including the amazing Dammy and OK Beaver Creek remake that didn't make it into the playlist.

They were in the playlist, just no one has dlc :(

• I have absolutely no interest in the campaign for Halo 5. Once I realized that Storm Covenant were a thing, I stopped caring about Halo fiction because it's clear that at this point that the series fiction is being milked.
  • You can play either play two things.

1) Halo: Reach AR+Pistol starts with no Armor Abilities but with full bloom.

2) Halo 3 AR+Pistol starts.

I would honestly rather play Reach.

• Dual wielding is bad and shouldn't return
  • Halo 5 is gonna completely fail to catch major interest and will sell millions of fewer copies than Halo 4, this will be mostly caused by the fact that Halo isn't good enough to warrant purchasing a console anymore.
  • Halo won't actually die until it is no longer actually supported, which is probably never.