CyReN

What's An Unpopular Halo Opinion You Have?

Go ahead, let it all out. I'll make sure to keep an eye on this thread, so lets hear it:

What's an unpopular opinion of yours in regards to Halo?

ps: Keep it clean :Halo:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't like Halo 3 when it was relevant.

#sorrynotsorry

I'm right there with you - I played more CoD 4 + Halo 2 than Halo 3. However, I still did play a good amount of H3, and watched most of the events.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ODST was the best Halo game since CE. If it had CE-style multiplayer, it would have been even better. Even Halo 2-style MP with that spreadless Magnum would have given CE some trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 9

ODST was the best Halo game since CE.

2nd best Halo campaign + best Firefight mode.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I have a few:

I only enjoyed Halo 3 when I was a noob who had no other Halo games to compare it to and when I didn't think about playing competitively. Since meeting players who taught me to think more critically of games I can't find any further enjoyment in the game.

I don't think that AAs and Equipment are conceptually bad, they just haven't been executed very well yet.

The BR has been the most pervasive negative aspect of the game since Halo 2 was released, with the degradation of movement a close second.

Reach grenades weren't OP, player movement was just too slow & unresponsive to avoid them.

The Spartan Laser is a cool idea, but completely ruins vehicular gameplay.

Reach v7 was up there with Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 2 1v1 Warlock/Carbine at MLG are some of the worse Halo I've ever watched, boring and bland. Not doubting skill btw.

(To clarify, I think 1v1 Lockouts are the best ever)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

• MLG Columbus '12 proved to me that Reach v7 could be as good as Halo 2 (not saying it was or is, just that it had the potential to be).

I'm right there with you, I would really liked to have seen more ZBNS events. I think a lot of people would be quick to disagree seeing as default Reach wasn't good but the actual v7 settings were solid IMO. The only things really holding v7 back over H2 was the map pool in Reach, the lack of button glitches, the jump height and the large hitboxes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't think that AAs and Equipment are conceptually bad, they just haven't been executed very well yet.

100% agreed, and this was something a few of us discussed with Quinn at H4GC. There is a definite way to make interesting and meaningful AAs/Equipment that could benefit the depth and competitive merit of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm right there with you, I would really liked to have seen more ZBNS events. I think a lot of people would be quick to disagree seeing as default Reach wasn't good but the actual v7 settings were solid IMO. The only things really holding v7 back over H2 was the map pool in Reach, the lack of button glitches, the jump height and the large hitboxes.

I think that the map pool was actually fine since we got a breath of fresh air with Anniversary maps. The large hitboxes is kind of countered by H2 having so much AA.

Could never really get into Halo:CE for some reason - being really young when it was out played a big role

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach MLG V7 is the 2nd best halo we've had.

I think with more time, it would've been. It's too bad we only got one event with those settings.

Reach was terrible, no matter what version was being played.

Lockout and every Lockout remake is terrible.

Pistola is without a doubt the greatest Halo player ever.

Halo 2 is overrated.

I liked the H3 BR spread.

H4 > Reach

H3 is the best of the series.

1v1's are boring

FFA's are even more boring.

Guardian was a bad map.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 24

Movement was my biggest issue with v7. 120% speed was good, but the acceleration & deceleration that lead to the slippery feeling and the impact it had on strafing really held the game back from being better than Halo 2.

And seriously, how good was the Instinct vs Classic series at Columbus? More v7 events could have led to more matches like that, and I'd have loved every second of it.

I think with more time, it would've been. It's too bad we only got one event with those settings.

I really really wish Halo 4 was delayed for another year so we could see it flourish :(

• Upvote (+1) 8