Sign in to follow this  
TI Inspire

Flood Needs a Complete Overhaul

Flood is bad. Extremely bad.

Regular Flood is flat out ruined by the Thruster Pack, and Hivemind is an absolute joke because it takes two hits to kill a human. TWO! Even if their shields don't recharge this makes it near flat out impossible for the Flood to do anything!

Going back in time to Reach, Living Dead early on used to be one of the least popular playlists. However two simple changes, removing Evade, and increasing the size of the match lobbies from 8 to 12, caused Living Dead to explode in popularity, becoming one of the most popular playlists in Reach to this day.

I honestly believe that with a few simple changes, Flood can do the same and become one of the most popular playlists in Halo 4.

So what would I change?

1) Remove all Armor Abilities

Flood are outrageously overpowered in default Flood with the Thruster Pack, and giving humans Camo is ridiculous because Camo cancels out the Sword's red ring. The Armor Abilities add absolutely nothing good to this gametype (and Halo 4 in general), and should be removed entirely.

2) Sprint Switcheroo 

Currently in default Flood, the Humans have Sprint while the Flood do not. This makes it harder for Flood players to reinforce their teammates, and it helps Humans to establish themselves in camping sites quickly. If we switched which sides spawned with Sprint, then Flood could very quickly off spawn reinforce their teammates, and Humans would have a difficult time with setting up camp without taking casualties because smart Flood players would most likely be waiting for them.

3) Remove Hivemind

This gametype is awful, and the reason it's even exists is because people wanted a Flood gametype with no Armor Abilities. But considering that I would take away Armor Abilities from the Default Flood gametype anyways, this 2 hit kill, AR starts gametype should be sent to the trash.

4) Fix the Pistol

The Pistol in Alpha Zombies on Reach was extremely OP because it was a one shot kill, and since the Halo 4 pistol is way more accurate than the Reach one, making the Flood Pistol a one shot kill is insane. Instead what I would do is make the Pistol in Flood a four shot kill, and I would remove the Bloom.

Other Changes

• Increase the lobby size from 10 to 12
  • Increase round time from 3 to 4 minutes
  • Increase the amount of Default Flood from 2 to 3

These things would improve the Flood playlist dramatically, and would probably make it way more popular.

Anyone else have something to add?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Good ideas. Living Dead was a guilty pleasure of mine in Halo 3, but it's gotten really lame since then. Surprisingly, it'd be enjoyable again with some very simple changes (like most things would), so here are mine:

1. 3sk pistol with headshots disabled. This encourages more teamwork and surviving in numbers.

2. Does Flood have an alpha zombie? If so, he should have promethean vision. No one else in the game should have AAs except the Last Man Standing, who can get a hardlight shield. 

3. Zombies should have faster movement and higher jump than humans do. Or maybe give only the Flood sprint and slightly increase human movement. 

4. Betrayals should be off. 

5. There could be another gametype where Flood have camo and it takes 1 headshot to kill them, but the base gametype should have the most fair settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

5. There could be another gametype where Flood have camo and it takes 1 headshot to kill them, but the base gametype should have the most fair settings. 

Goat pls

you know how well I camo crouch walk across maps. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got my first (and probably the only one) killtacular on hivemind the other day so I kind of liked it. Reminded me of the power humans used to have in Halo 2. Two hit kill is silly though but balances with starting ARs... both should be scrapped I guess?

I want new Flood Models, Models that can actually use weaponry for Custom themes, tired of this Claw/Energy Sword onry or ugly modded weapon carrying Flood Models.

I wish they would ditch that Hivemind game-type, it is really no where near balanced for Flood versus Human's.

I want new Flood Models, Models that can actually use weaponry for Custom themes, tired of this Claw/Energy Sword onry or ugly modded weapon carrying Flood Models.

I wish they would ditch that Hivemind game-type, it is really no where near balanced for Flood versus Human's.

Yeah I really don't understand 343's decision with making the Flood only able to wield a sword/arm. It almost seems like it was just a dumb oversight on their part. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah I really don't understand 343's decision with making the Flood only able to wield a sword/arm. It almost seems like it was just a dumb oversight on their part. 

yeah I agree.  it doesn't make sense why they can't hold say, a grav hammer.

My ideal gametype is where:

-Nobody has AA's, except for Alpha Floods, with Promethean Vision.

-Only Flood have radar; humans don't.

-Humans have an AR and 3-shot magnum.

-Flood still 1-shot humans.

Suddenly, playing as the Flood isn't unbearable.

Humans now have to use teamwork to survive. 

IMO, I wish The Flood playlist was given a real 'flood' feeling.  You know, like a horror game where it's dark as hell and you don't know where this sonofabitch is going to come from.  Something along the lines of The Slenderman video game but with more players in it.

Nomsayin?