Rocker

OT Thread of OT

Oh haiz i poast on reddit look at my rock collection and thiscat that looks like a marshmallow

he just says a bunch of stuff that is common sense to most academics, at least his stances on science in politics. he also just kinda helps fuel the nu-atheist movement which is despicable

i don't think academics are his target audience when promoting science literacy through popular media. but i do wonder how much his published research differs from his public appearances

i'm not clear on what new atheism is, though. can't comment on that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure he means the whole wave of atheists since reddit became a big thing. The kind of people who feel morally and intellectually superior to other people because they're atheist, and constantly shit on religion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

jayhawks browses reddit what a bitch

Alright listen. I tracked down the guy. Haha we got him! Let's get this bitch once and for all

Praise Science.

Thank Science.

Oh my Science.

Science bless you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I should take up writing my draft for a novel...

And another one, for another novel...

And a third. Maybe.

i don't think academics are his target audience when promoting science literacy through popular media. but i do wonder how much his published research differs from his public appearances

i'm not clear on what new atheism is, though. can't comment on that.

yea i know his target audience isnt that of academics, but i meant that his thoughts arent anything special

and for nu-atheism, its pretty much what everyone above has said. theyre typically empiricists (hard science) unless they need to be rationalist (mathematics/logic) to justify their "claims". its a shitty movement. a lot of them also dismiss the idea of a supernatural being/deity/whatever as irrational but from an ontological perspective its perfectly rational so there's that too which is pretty annoying. also. see: Richard Dawkins

tbh ignosticism is the only right way

I'm handing in my weeks notice tomorrow and I'm a bit more sad than I thought I'd be. Retail isn't great in general but everyone I work with (managers included) is really sound. Oh well

• Upvote (+1) 2

Speaking of God's, I may well be meeting up with our heavenly father @@Cypress in the coming weeks. I am ready.

Pics or didn't happen

This GTA V download man....

Had a solid 14mgb/s going for a while then my internet shit the bed and now its hovering around 5mgb/s (after having been in the kb/s for a while). Probably should've bought/installed it yesterday but sure this is it

This GTA V download man....

Had a solid 14mgb/s going for a while then my internet shit the bed and now its hovering around 5mgb/s (after having been in the kb/s for a while). Probably should've bought/installed it yesterday but sure this is it

that swaggy 250kb/s west coast download speed. been downloading for about three days lmao

Think i might pick up exercising again over the summer

prob won't tho

Go for it man. Obviously helps with your physical health but it goes a long way for your mental well being too. Helps clear my mind a lot.

that swaggy 250kb/s west coast download speed. been downloading for about three days lmao

Are you not from Kildare? Vaguely remember you saying that before but maybe not..