zoojoo

Would you guys rather see an official 2v2 or 4v4 championship?

2v2v4v4  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather see a H4GC for a 2v2 or 4v4 format?

With the H4GC done now, we are heavily anticipating what 343 has up their sleeve for the next competitive tournament.

What would like to see them do next, in terms of competitive events?

There are benefits to holding a 2v2 event, and a 4v4 event.

2v2's might be better to organize, but 4v4's would bring in more views.

What do you guys think?

Discuss.

I think 2v2 would get more competitors involved and result in shadiness impacting fewer individuals overall.

I also think that Halo 4's 2v2 has been overlooked and that a lot of potential is there just waiting to be properly tapped.

A 4v4 would definitely be a more traditional kind of tournament, but I think it would be much more difficult to organise on a global scale, and it could actually be negatively impacted if Throwdown settings were used due to the stigma associated with them that a lot of non-competitive players seem to believe.

I think that the FFA Global Championships benefited from offering different weekly formats and allowing 343 to appear to set their own precedent for FFA. Do I believe it could have been better tailored for competition? Absolutely. But the event's finals were definitely viewed in a successful light as an eSports event even by people who were critical of the actual tournament format.

Running a Global Championship is trickier than it initially sounds because it needs to have enough reach to attract a global audience (TopMid fully adopting Throwdown settings could help with this a great deal if it becomes reality) whilst also being fairly accessible, and an FFA is undeniably the most accessible gametype as the players don't have to deal with the hassle of organising teams.

I would LOVE to see either a 2v2 or 4v4 event, but for either to be successful they'd have to be advertised in such a way that they appeal to a much broader audience than competitive Halo traditionally ever has in terms of the % of the overall playerbase that would actively compete.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am going to say 4 vs. 4 would be more exciting for the viewers for the most part, but you are right they are harder to organizer and you would likely gather more teams to compete if the 2 vs. 2 route was taken.

I personally love playing 2v2 more, plainly because something about just you and a buddy vs. 2 other guys feels so bad ass, i think we'll see more 2v2's in the future.

I voted for 4v4. 

Honestly though......2v2 is more competitive than 4v4.....4v4 is easier to market though.....

I voted 4v4 but honestly I would really like to see Unity used competitively and Doju and the guys did a really great job making settings specifically designed for 2v2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Depends what game, i would originally say 4v4 but for Halo 4 i would say 2v2 just because having 8 people sprinting around the map is just a blood bath and almost impossible to have a sense of structure/balance/organization.

4v4 all the way though for Halo: CE/H2/H3/Halo: Reach (MLG v7)

• Upvote (+1) 1

5v5. IMAGINE?  :gandhi:

RIP Squad Slayer

Also, what if someone threw an 8v8 tournament for shits and giggles, that might be interesting, would never catch on though.

Depends what game, i would originally say 4v4 but for Halo 4 i would say 2v2 just because having 8 people sprinting around the map is just a blood bath and almost impossible to have a sense of structure/balance/organization.

4v4 all the way though for Halo: CE/H2/H3/Halo: Reach (MLG v7)

truth. +1 rep for lucifer  :kappa:

Really depends on the format;

• 2on2 is better for inclusion and helps massively if there any online portions
  • 4on4 would be better for just a straight forward offline tournament

In terms of spectator experience I'm torn. Sure it'd be great seeing top Halo teams clash for big money but at the same time there's potential for more interesting matches by splitting up top teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1