deathwishcow

Maps that'd make you buy Halo 5 at launch

I hope to see 343i launch Halo 5 with some good new arena maps (that are workable and have good flow with sprint if they decide to keep it).  But tbh, if Halo 5 launched with some of the below maps, it'd be a no-brainer purchase for me no matter how the game mechanics change.  I think a lot of people I know would also start playing again, sprint or no-sprint.

Pit

Midship

Construct

Narrows

Warlock

Sanctuary

Guardian

Would including 2 or 3 of your favorite maps at launch improve your outlook on H5?  I know I'd be PSYCHED about H5 if 343i did that.  It seems to be a trend to bring back classic maps later in a game's lifecycle (maybe to promote playing the new maps), but I'd really like to see this at launch.  I haven't played GT or Forza for a while, but I imagine they keep bringing back some tracks like Laguna Seca (sp?).

While we're on the subject, I'd also really like to see 343 make a new "old school" 1v1 map that they could showcase in future tournaments.  One that emphasizes route running and collecting lighter powerups like maybe +50% shield, snipe with 2 rounds, nades, and that kind of stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope to see 343i launch Halo 5 with some good new arena maps (that are workable and have good flow with sprint if they decide to keep it).  But tbh, if Halo 5 launched with some of the below maps, it'd be a no-brainer purchase for me no matter how the game mechanics change.  I think a lot of people I know would also start playing again, sprint or no-sprint.

Pit

Midship

Construct

Narrows

Warlock

Sanctuary

Guardian

Would including 2 or 3 of your favorite maps at launch improve your outlook on H5?  I know I'd be PSYCHED about H5 if 343i did that.  It seems to be a trend to bring back classic maps later in a game's lifecycle (maybe to promote playing the new maps), but I'd really like to see this at launch.  I haven't played GT or Forza for a while, but I imagine they keep bringing back some tracks like Laguna Seca (sp?).

While we're on the subject, I'd also really like to see 343 make a new "old school" 1v1 map that they could showcase in future tournaments.  One that emphasizes route running and collecting lighter powerups like maybe +50% shield, snipe with 2 rounds, nades, and that kind of stuff.

seeing old maps in halo 5 wouldnt make me wanna buy the game if it still has ordinance, classes, sprint and no descope because as we have seen it makes old maps play like crap. But if some of those things were gone, then yes  i would be pretty excited. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't think any of the maps you have listed work with sprint. I would much rather wait to see if sprint has been taken out (and other game play mechanics fixed) before purchasing Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really don't care if any of these maps make it into Halo 5. I want to see good original new maps. I'm tired of playing Midship and Pit. 

Plus Halo Reach proved that gameplay>maps. Not saying maps aren't important.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Please, dont freaking start a sprint discussion, stay on topic. Please!

OT: I would honestly love them if they bring Coagulation/Blood Gulch, not Hemorrhage, god that was an awful remake... I prefer a real remake of the map.
Also, Sanctuary or Warlock would be honestly sick! Those 2 were great!

Ok, you convinced me to do a list. Here is!

TOP! (there are tons of more) 4v4 Arena map:
- Sanctuary
- Rat race
- Guardian
- Warlock

8v8 BTB Map:
- Coagulation
- Infinity
- Danger Canyon
- Death Island
- Exile (I honestly like it)
- Sandtrap

Now, these are my personal pick... but to be honest, I would like new maps. Skyline is quite a good map, and maps like that are needed in 4v4 Gametypes, also... Longbow or Meltdown were quite good maps for BTB!

Let them come with new maps! I'm actually looking forward!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

How about all new maps that make us feel and love playing them like the ones in the OP. No?

I'd like to see a real remake of Sanctuary or Midship (mainly for FFA purposes) but... Then there's of the whole sprint thing. (Not trying to start or contribute to more sprint debates) How about Burial mounds, Terminal, Relic? I always loved those maps for casual play.

There are no maps that would make me want to buy Halo 5 at launch. Even though itd be cool that there were all the classicc quality maps, if the core still sucks it won't make a difference.

But to go along with the thread. We're talking next gen here, there should be a ton of old maps on that disc plus new ones.

Midship
Beaver Creek
Lock Out
Sanctuary
Warlock
The Pit
Narrows
Guardian
Onslaught(reskinned)
Construct
Haven(I know it's not a classic, but I think haven would be more bearable if there man other maps to enjoy)

There probably some more maps I'm missing out, but they should hook it up since they're already made. They don't have to take the time to think of a design or anything.

new original maps that play well beat out old remakes.

I unno, that's half true. But we shouldn't have to settle, we should just be able to get both.

Please, dont freaking start a sprint discussion, stay on topic. Please!

I've told you this before; it shouldn't need to be stated again.

You cannot simply compare maps from 2 different games in a bubble.  The gameplay- especially sprint and the primary utility weapon- drastically affect how a particular map is played.

Guardian with sprint would fundamentally be different than halo 3 Guardian.   The maps don't exist in a vacuum that is separate from gameplay, and bringing up sprint is very relevant and an important point.

This should not be difficult to understand.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

New game needs a ton of maps. Halo 4 was rushed, therefore resulting in less maps at launch. I want to see 12-14+ maps at launch.

As for remakes, I'd like to see Midship and Sandtrap

• Upvote (+1) 1

All new maps with one or two remakes at most. Preferably construct and guardian.

Would also like to see a discmap that uses teleporters in a really good way. Gotta love dem teleporters when used right.

I've told you this before; it shouldn't need to be stated again.

You cannot simply compare maps from 2 different games in a bubble.  The gameplay- especially sprint and the primary utility weapon- drastically affect how a particular map is played.

Guardian with sprint would fundamentally be different than halo 3 Guardian.   The maps don't exist in a vacuum that is separate from gameplay, and bringing up sprint is very relevant and an important point.

This should not be difficult to understand.

Maybe nobody have told you this, it shouldn't happen but apparently people ignore the forum rules...

You cannot simply start a discussion off topic. Oh never mind you can, and everybody can, and anybody can actually start a discussion about SPRINT in a Map topic thread.

Obviously Sprint is an issue but seriously bringing up in a thread like this won't change anything. Come on, what map you want back? That question is more important right now in this thread. Go ahead and answer it! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Maybe nobody have told you this, it shouldn't happen but apparently people ignore the forum rules...

You cannot simply start a discussion off topic. Oh never mind you can, and everybody can, and anybody can actually start a discussion about SPRINT in a Map topic thread.

Obviously Sprint is an issue but seriously bringing up in a thread like this won't change anything. Come on, what map you want back? That question is more important right now in this thread. Go ahead and answer it! :)

Wow.  You really are incapable of understanding this aren't you?

I do not want to see any remake of a halo map in halo 5.

Why? - you may ask.   Could you elaborate? - you make ask.

The reason being is that if halo 5 has sprint than the maps won't play right.  They will not play the same, they will play completely randomly and utterly terrible.  You would be able to sprint away from situations that you normally shouldn't, and the maps would be way too small.

As you can see (hopefully.  I'm pretty disappointed that you were incapable of understanding this rather simple point earlier)  sprint is relevant to the discussion, and should be brought up because sprint and maps go hand in hand.

You may have noticed that the *maps* in halo 4 are bigger than previous halos.  Why?  Because of *sprint*.  The two features of intertwined.  You cannot separate one from the other.

So no, what you are saying is completely stupid.  It's like asking about whether you like to eat spaghetti but then trying to stifle any conversation about fiber because "fiber is off-topic."  Well, no, actually fiber and spaghetti are two closely related things and if someone can't eat a lot of fiber than obviously that will affect how much spaghetti they eat.

Hopefully since I used a simple analogy this time it will make the logic a little clearer for you.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Forge Desert

Forge Glacier

Forge Mountain

Forge Cave

Forge Island/Beach

Any one or combination of these. I stuck to Forge because - as others have touched on - remakes rarely play as good (or better) than the originals. If the gameplay mechanics aren't close to what they were on the original map, then I don't want to see it remade. Pitfall is a good remake, but Camo, Jetpack, and Sprint are detrimental to its flow.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guardian, Last Resort, Onslaught, Wizard/Warlock, I fully expect a midship like map. I don't think we need a lockout map if we can have a solid guardian inspired map. I would also love a map that is like a hybrid countdown/construct.