deathwishcow

Maps that'd make you buy Halo 5 at launch

Chirol TL-34  :kappa:

That actually might be one but I would love to see some classic CE BTB maps remade.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I enjoyed Timberland in Reach (can't remember what it was a remake of) and believe it or not, I enjoy Countdown.

However, no maps will make me buy the game unless the game is good. 

We need new maps. Certain Affinity needs to step up and create a new Sanctuary. A new Guardian. A new Midship. I don't mean remaking them but creating maps that people will love just as much as the classics back then.

That's what Halo 5 needs among other things.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No map would make me buy Halo 5 if the game plays horrible, that being said. If I were to... it has to be Hang Em High.

I'd rather have new maps on release and have one remake per map pack or even an anniversary map pack of sorts.

Just give all the H2 maps with Construct and Narrows and ill be happy tbh

I've told you this before; it shouldn't need to be stated again.

You cannot simply compare maps from 2 different games in a bubble.  The gameplay- especially sprint and the primary utility weapon- drastically affect how a particular map is played.

Guardian with sprint would fundamentally be different than halo 3 Guardian.   The maps don't exist in a vacuum that is separate from gameplay, and bringing up sprint is very relevant and an important point.

This should not be difficult to understand.

That's a valid point.  I liked the way Pit played a lot more in H3 - and smaller maps like Guardian would be questionable with H4 mechanics.  Still Pitfall is the most fun I've had with Halo for a while.  (None of this changes the fact that I'd like to see sprint/AA's re-worked.)  I'd just be more comfortable knowing what I'm getting for my money if a few maps were included.

How about all new maps that make us feel and love playing them like the ones in the OP. No?

In an ideal world :)  Going back to my Forza and GT example, you know when you buy them, you're getting some old but popular tracks.  I think Laguna Seca's been in GT for years.  It's just the reassurance that some of the new tracks might be hit or miss, but at the very least you're getting some familiar favorites.  But yes, having classic maps doesn't reduce the need for good new maps.

new original maps that play well beat out old remakes.

I agree with you, I do not want to play the same maps for 5 years in a row..

Simple, original, clean and playable maps are what I want to see.

You know what else has an affect on how a map plays besides sprint? Whether the utility weapon is hitscan or projectile based.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather see them not try to force a square peg into a round hole and just make or remake maps that actually suit the gameplay rather than remaking anything just because it was popular in a previous game.

Why can't we have new maps that can become the next Dammy or next Chill Out, the next Midship or Lockout, the next Construct and so on?

If there's high demand the way I'd like to see remakes handled would be in a "Throwback Map Pack" or something - a large map pack similar to Reach's Anniversary maps which features old maps with new twists that can be adjusted in Forge to best please people who want to both recreate a classic experience as accurately as possible and those who want to be able to try something new on an otherwise familiar map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would buy them if they would play well.  If 343 keeps sprint most of the decent maps from CE-3 will not work.

I would rather see new maps made then the same maps I have been playing for 5+ years.

Original Maps please

I am not paying for shit i already played.

Those remakes should be make by the community in forge. I will be severely disappointed if 343 don't deliver a great forge with new options, environments, textures, etc.

I agree with you, I do not want to play the same maps for 5 years in a row..

Simple, original, clean and playable maps are what I want to see.

I don't fully trust 343/CA to come up with great, original maps that get you excited when they come up on the screen like in previous Halo's (before Reach).

IMO, Halo 4 has only 2 maps that are solid at best. Haven and Skyline. The rest are either trash or not great. 

I'd rather they make a bunch of remakes that we've not seen a lot, (please no more Pit, Lockout) and create 3-5 original 4v4 maps. That way we're at least guaranteed some good maps, and not the map pool we got when Halo 4 launched. 

Obviously this is assuming Halo 5 has good core mechanics like descope, no Sprint and no AA's etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They need different people to make maps.  Most of the Halo4 maps at launch were circles.

I would like 1 or 2 remakes, but i want to see new good maps. 343 really need to start taking inspiration from popular maps from the past. They need to make the maps smaller, feel fast paced and balanced. Additionally certain afinity really need to step there game up, ive only liked two maps from the map packs they have made (For Halo Reach and Halo 4).