Sign in to follow this  
Fear Clinic

Battle of the AA's ROUND 2

Round 2  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which AA did you prefer? (explain why!)

b4fgwtn.png

Armor Lock VS Hardlight Shield

Alright guys, now I can easily predict which AA is going to win here... But that could just be opinion. But seriously, don't just pick Armor Lock as a troll (I expect it from some of you). I'd like everyone to take this seriously!

Let's start off by discussing Armor Lock, it's honestly OP. It was mainly used by people who would either

1. Melee-armor lock-melee
  2. Run up to you and stick you then armor lock.
  3. Deflect Stickies 
  4. Panic and just delay their death.

There were a few good uses for AL, like deflecting a vehicle, the one thing I hate more than people who spam armor lock are ghosts! I never used AL in this way, but every time I saw a teammate take out a ghost in that manner I would smile inside a little. Also sometimes when your teammates used AL you could come in and save them, as hypocritical as this is it was one of those AA's that if your teammates use them to your advantage then more power to them, but if someone on the opposite team uses it I nearly throw my BenQ out the window.

Now lets talk about the Hardlight Shield. When I first saw it my first impression was it is "a less OP Armor Lock". It gives you a fair amount of cover yet it's fairly easy to get around and take down it's user. It's so balanced that the "shielding" AA went from the most nooby aspect of Halo, to being an ordnance drop in competitive settings, seeing as it's extremely useful especially in objective gametypes like extraction.

So what do you guys think? What are your honest opinions on this topic? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

While the Evade vs Thruster had some pretty awesome debate, this thread is pretty redundant.

Let's see round 3 :D

Also, some of the Pistola/Goofy HLS plays on S9 Extraction are incredible

• Upvote (+1) 3

Armor Lock is cancer and if you like Armor Lock, you support cancer. If you support cancer, then you're a fucking douchebag and you deserve to jump off of a cliff into a lake full of flaming laser sharks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

While the Evade vs Thruster had some pretty awesome debate, this thread is pretty redundant.

Let's see round 3 :D

Also, some of the Pistola/Goofy HLS plays on S9 Extraction are incredible

I agree, I just don't want to leave out a single AA or possible discussion. Also, I was wondering, how do people get these "____ fan" signatures? Is there a generator on the site?

If Halo 5 has AA's on map (Jetpack, Hardlight, Evade (1 roll, not 2), Promethean Vision, (Buffed?) Hologram, and Regen Field) it will be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Halo 5 has AA's on map (Jetpack, Hardlight, Evade (1 roll, not 2), Promethean Vision, (Buffed?) Hologram, and Regen Field) it will be amazing.

Regen field encourages static gameplay- do not want.

Evade is OP compared to thrusterpack.

0 votes for armor lock so far. 16 for hardlight. I am proud of you halo community. 

there are too many reasons but i'm gonna keep it simple and say if you get stuck, hardlight shield can't be used to save yourself. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regen field encourages static gameplay- do not want.

Evade is OP compared to thrusterpack.

Note how I emphasized ONE roll, instead of two. It would be a massive nerf to Evade, and maybe a longer recharge would make it even more balanced.

As for Regen, it can be in the game... I never said it'd be suited for Competitive play.

Both are awful abilities when being abused, but I've found Hardlight Shield to be cheaper.

Armor Lock was bad (especially in the beta), but they were on the right track to balancing it. You stay in one place, shield doesn't recharge while in it, and they made it so you can see your surroundings. Its biggest issues were sticky shedding, its ability to spam and EMP, and the unpredictable frosting. Take those away and you have a decent "last resort" concept that was just poorly executed. 

In theory, HLS should be more balanced since they're vulnerable to grenades and fire from the sides. However, I've found that it's much easier to abuse because players can move around with it. With Armor Lock, you knew he was going to stay in that one place. With Hardlight Shield, he's popping out from behind cover, putting shots in, using the shield when he gets hit, walking back into cover, and then Sprinting away. By the time you carefully round the corner or call him out, he's halfway across the map. Or he'll pop up the shield and walk directly towards you. If you have no grenades, that's one player you're going to work harder to kill directly. 

I played one match on Vortex where the other team had basically set up a phalanx wall like the Jackals do. They were shitting behind rocks pot-shotting with DMRs and popping HLS whenever they'd get hit. If you got their shields down, someone on their team would throw a Regen. The game ended below 50 kills... in BTB. Just imagine people doing this on Sword Base - a map already annoying with Armor Lock would be 10x worse if people were rounding corners with their shields out. 

I think both should die a fiery death and we should just have dodging abilities rather than blocking abilities. If you want extra shielding, go pick up an Overshield. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Armor lock because Armor Walkers

jk Hardlight

Man I miss Halo customs :(

It seems like no one even wants to do that anymore

Man I miss Halo customs :(

It seems like no one even wants to do that anymore

I just go into multi-team, back out, repeat and then invite the recent players. Sometimes you will be able to get a good lobby going if you get enough people.

Note how I emphasized ONE roll, instead of two. It would be a massive nerf to Evade, and maybe a longer recharge would make it even more balanced.

As for Regen, it can be in the game... I never said it'd be suited for Competitive play.

thrusterpack is still less OP than evade with one roll.

Also I never said that you said that regen could be used for competitive play.  I was just stating my opinion on the AA.

And just like that, some asshole ruined it and voted for armor lock.

I personally cannot stand trolls on the internet.

TheresAlwaysThatOnePerson-80014.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1