Goat

Maps you never want to play on again

wat

So one gametype that'd probably be really fun on Meltdown isn't on Meltdown? 

So they removed it from CTF? I know for sure I played it in that playlist before. Must have happened with one of the updates if it's really true...

Halo 2 - Relic, Ascension

Halo 3 - Not sure what it was called but it was in the doubles playlist and had a ghost on it. There's probably more but I didn't play 3 too much

Reach - Coag snipes, Uncaged and Sword Base

4 - Adrift, Complex, Ragnorak, Meltdown, Solace

Ascension?

get out

Interesting results in this thread. I guess it helps showcase the "unpopular opinions" thread, which I state I actually enjoyed isolation and felt it was one of my teams best maps.

can someone quickly tell me why blackout was a bad remake?  ( I didn't play it much at all)

The window in the Library was blocked off.  There were other differences from the original that made the map play worse as well, but the window change alone ruined the map for competitive play.  It had been an essential point to hold down for a team attempting to setup on the BR side of the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wat

So one gametype that'd probably be really fun on Meltdown isn't on Meltdown? 

Yep, when they released Big Team Skirmish, 343 decided that Complex was a better CTF map than Meltdown.

Yep, when they released Big Team Skirmish, 343 decided that Complex was a better CTF map than Meltdown.

rmxMk.gif

A 1 flag map maybe. Were it so easy...

• Upvote (+1) 3

This obsession that maps must be "perfect" is just strange to me. As a spartan you must adapt to the environment and be prepared for battle even if the area is non symmetrical or if some random wall is 4 inches to high. With that mindset maybe the game will be a little more fun? Or am I alone pretending that I am a soldier in the Halo Universe when playing? *100% nerd*   :)

I finally found Infinity CTF on Meltdown, but the whole team camped their base with Saw + Damage boost. This infinity stuff... I just don't even know.

This obsession that maps must be "perfect" is just strange to me. As a spartan you must adapt to the environment and be prepared for battle even if the area is non symmetrical or if some random wall is 4 inches to high. With that mindset maybe the game will be a little more fun? Or am I alone pretending that I am a soldier in the Halo Universe when playing? *100% nerd*   :)

I'd play Invasion with the Halo soundtrack on and pretend it was the Campaign, but that's a mode that was designed to be like that. Yea Halo has these cool guns and a wealth of fiction behind it, but it still has to be fair, balanced, and consistent. You can't really adapt to somebody who happens to earn better Ordnance than you after getting the same amount of kills. 

I finally found Infinity CTF on Meltdown, but the whole team camped their base with Saw + Damage boost. This infinity stuff... I just don't even know.

I'd play Invasion with the Halo soundtrack on and pretend it was the Campaign, but that's a mode that was designed to be like that. Yea Halo has these cool guns and a wealth of fiction behind it, but it still has to be fair, balanced, and consistent. You can't really adapt to somebody who happens to earn better Ordnance than you after getting the same amount of kills. 

For me camping is a reasonable tactical maneuver in CTF. And the Saw is spawning in both bases. Nothing stops you to get the Saw and attack the enemy base. Damage Boost can´t be a major problem...Of course, it can happen but how many kills in a match is from Saw+Damage boost?

I would also prefer Halo without personal ordnances. But after playing over 2000 matches the stats actually proves that power weapons isn´t a big problem for me. By far the most deaths are from DMR, BR and AR. And I must say that I love the feeling of outmaneuvering an enemy with the IC or rockets. 

The window in the Library was blocked off.  There were other differences from the original that made the map play worse as well, but the window change alone ruined the map for competitive play.  It had been an essential point to hold down for a team attempting to setup on the BR side of the map.

hm, never noticed that.

That's because Snowbound was that crusty stain between the anus and the scrotum. 

Actually that's the perineum.

Snowbound was that lice-infected wig that men used to wear in the 17th and 18th centuries.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One thing I did like about Snowbound and some of the Halo 3 maps were the AI guardians. Sandtrap, Sandbox, and Snowbound are the ones I can remember that would target you if you ventured too far into the 'soft kill'. 

It'd be amusing to see a jetpacker who's trying to break out of the map blasted by sentinel towers. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

When Halo 4 came out and the 4v4 playlist had Complex and people kept voting for it, when DMR's were op. Yeah, kill that shit with fire, make it burn make it burn...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Seriously? Paradiso was not mentioned once?  That was the worst map ever. The updated version of it was better but it was still terribad.

• Upvote (+1) 3