Goat

Maps you never want to play on again

Snowbound, Assembly, Epitaph, Ghost Town, Isolation, Boarding Action (and all of the laggy Forge remakes), Boardwalk, Complex, Adrift, and Outcast

As a side note, if there was a variant in matchmaking for Longbow with pre-turbo vehicles, BR-starts, and turbo weapons, it would be GOAT

Any forged map today... they play OK but look like dogs... they are visually noisy and for me that makes them no fun.. I just find myself processing the edges and corners too much.

Any forged map today... they play OK but look like dogs... they are visually noisy and for me that makes them no fun.. I just find myself processing the edges and corners too much.

I do enjoy playing on forged maps if they're well built and well designed. However, I agree that it's distracting if the piece usage is a bit random. I try to use pieces that 'flow' well together so that there's more of a theme to it. It's difficult to make clean maps like these though because of the palettes.

I find myself avoiding entire sections of Halo 4's palette because many of the textures are too busy or just not appealing. For instance, the Brace, Large - once a versatile piece worth using on any map in Reach - now has a confusing identity, and it isn't flat anymore :/ 

I hope the next palettes are simpler or at least have custom textures and permutations. 

Isolation is utter garbage.

Gotta admit sliding down that tube was hella fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H3- Snowbound, Epitaph, Isolation, Construct with the flamethrower, Blackout, Ghost Town

Reach- Anchor 9, Condemned, most of Bungie's forged maps, Reflecion, Sword Base, Zealot with Zero G, ASPHALT ALSO SUCKS

H4- Complex in small teams, Adrift, Solace, Meltdown (with Mantis), Ragnarok (with Mantis), Vortex  (with Mantis), and every DLC map because I never play them

• Upvote (+1) 1

In Halo 1 it's Boarding Action. I still don't know how to navigate the map, and the only thing I can enjoy on it is snipers.

In Halo 2 it was assault on Burial Mounds, and high level team slayer on Ascension, Relic, and Tombstone. And snipers on Terminal because you could spawn in the attic with the lead and you never had to come out.

In Halo 3 it was Epitaph/Epilogue. Thank God it wasn't in the 4v4 playlists. And CTF on that foundry map Smashed against good kids, because you had to push all the way into their base to pull the flag, and them they'd spawn on the garage door corner in front of you on the way out. SO hard to cap.

In Reach it was Swordbase, especially for slayer. Or Hemmorage snipers. Ugh that was bad. Ooh, or Cragmire. What a clusterfuck that map was. All of those made me consider quitting.

There's not a map in H4 that I dislike enough to consider quitting over. I like most maps, and I like playing on a lot of different maps during a Halo session. It takes a lot for me to hate a map. I will say that I'm not voting for Lockdown anymore until they make the respawn time longer. It's so fucking stupid currently.

In Halo 4 the maps all suck equally and the game in general makes people consider quitting.

can someone quickly tell me why blackout was a bad remake?  ( I didn't play it much at all)

It wasn't. People just like to complain it wasn't their exact remake. I also think I've only finished one or two Vortex games in my life.

It wasn't. People just like to complain it wasn't their exact remake. I also think I've only finished one or two Vortex games in my life.

Yeah it certainly seemed like a good remake when I played it.  Maybe I'm missing out on some crucial detail like the spawns?  Idk

Yeah it certainly seemed like a good remake when I played it.  Maybe I'm missing out on some crucial detail like the spawns?  Idk

I was extremely casual in H3 so I have no clue about the Blackout spawns.

Motherfudgin Dispatch & Station 9. The spacebrothers from hell that are horrible maps.

Ow and someone mentioned Zealot with the zero-g, that was the most fun I had in Reach with my friend when we played doubles together and had the lead. So much fun time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never liked Epitaph/epilogue in h3. I also kinda hated foundry, it always felt like too many power weapons. But i still will fight anyone to death arguing that Chiron back in CE is the worst map ever. 

Complex, I hate that map so much.

As a side-note, whose idea was it to have CTF on Complex instead of Meltdown?

Complex, I hate that map so much.

As a side-note, whose idea was it to have CTF on Complex instead of Meltdown?

wat

So one gametype that'd probably be really fun on Meltdown isn't on Meltdown?