Goat

Maps you never want to play on again

You know the kind - you cringe, groan, and consider quitting whenever it pops up in the lobby.  Maybe you don't like the abundance of vehicles, or perhaps it plays too slow. It could just be a confusing or poorly designed map. Whatever it is, you have at least one, so post them! 

As for me, I wish I could delete Exile and Complex off of my disc. 

In Halo 4 Ragnarok is that map for me. In Reach it was Sword Base, and in H3 Snowbound/Boundless.

It's overplayed, overhyped, and no amount of attempting to force symmetrical gametypes to play well on it with Forge & custom games fixes it.

In Halo 4 Ragnarok is that map for me. In Reach it was Sword Base, and in H3 Snowbound/Boundless.

It's overplayed, overhyped, and no amount of attempting to force symmetrical gametypes to play well on it with Forge & custom games fixes it.

Snowbound was absolute shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I search team snipers and the choices are Exile, Vortex, and Meltdown, I back out immediately. 

Those all seem like terrible snipers maps, but is there anything wrong with Meltdown normally? Before they put the Mantis on it, I thought it had potential to be a fun objective map.  

Snowbound was absolute shit.

Yep, I don't think I enjoyed a single gametype on it. Snow caught grenades, the angles were weird, bases were cramped, spawns never felt good, and it was frankly too big & open for the BR.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Those all seem like terrible snipers maps, but is there anything wrong with Meltdown normally? Before they put the Mantis on it, I thought it had potential to be a fun objective map.  

I don't know I don't play BTB but in snipers it is terrible.

Station 9, haven, dispatch, adrift... I don't play anything except competitive playlists or customs so I never have to play the rest of the maps in halos already.

In Halo 1 it's Boarding Action. I still don't know how to navigate the map, and the only thing I can enjoy on it is snipers.

In Halo 2 it was assault on Burial Mounds, and high level team slayer on Ascension, Relic, and Tombstone. And snipers on Terminal because you could spawn in the attic with the lead and you never had to come out.

In Halo 3 it was Epitaph/Epilogue. Thank God it wasn't in the 4v4 playlists. And CTF on that foundry map Smashed against good kids, because you had to push all the way into their base to pull the flag, and them they'd spawn on the garage door corner in front of you on the way out. SO hard to cap.

In Reach it was Swordbase, especially for slayer. Or Hemmorage snipers. Ugh that was bad. Ooh, or Cragmire. What a clusterfuck that map was. All of those made me consider quitting.

There's not a map in H4 that I dislike enough to consider quitting over. I like most maps, and I like playing on a lot of different maps during a Halo session. It takes a lot for me to hate a map. I will say that I'm not voting for Lockdown anymore until they make the respawn time longer. It's so fucking stupid currently.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 1 - Chrion TL 34

Halo 2 - Relic, Waterworks, Tombstone, Backwash

Halo 3 - Snowbound, Highground, Epitath and probably way more that I can't remember.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1