Ghostapple

Official Ricochet Thread

Hey guys Just wanted to say that the new Ricochet playlist is out and it is great so far! This thread is help everyone discuss Ricochet and help everyone figure out how to use this New Gametype to it's full potential and as a competitive aspect. Please post your ideas/thoughts on Ricochet in this thread to help sort of mold the competitive side to it. To help Spark everyones mind i have listed all the maps in the playlist that came out that are currently setup for ricochet along with some Customizations.

Ricochet maps:

• Haven
  • Solace
  • Adrift
  • Pitfall
  • Monolith
  • Skyline

Here are some of the customizations you can do with Ricochet:

• You can have up to 3 balls at the same time in one game.
  • Can turn off teams.
  • You can change ball delay on starting of match.
  • Hot potato timer. (Ball explodes in hands if held for X amount of seconds)
  • Allow players to score on their own goals.
  • Assist Score (Points earned for each pass prior to scoring)

All of these maps have been setup for ricochet and I think those are the ideal maps for the Gametype. Although this thread is for discussion so i expect to hear more opinions other than my own.

On another note what other aspects do you want to see in competitive Ricochet? Should the ball be able to just touch grab or hold the grab button? 

Discuss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it would be cool to not have a navigation marker over your head while you have the ball, but instead just a color change to a yellow spartan or something. Would take a lot more teamwork and execution to stop goals and crazy plays could be made. Carrier also should go half speed.

Haven was made for this gametype.  I'm probably gonna get sigged for this, but honestly, even from a competitive standpoint, I think Ricochet might actually be better than Assault.  It's certainly more fun in a casual environment.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Haven was made for this gametype. I'm probably gonna get sigged for this, but honestly, even from a competitive standpoint, I think Ricochet might actually be better than Assault. It's certainly more fun in a casual environment.

I got shutout in haven the first time in the playlist but it was a blast.

Red side gets needles while blue gets sticky det is dumb though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know the gametype has good potential, but I have not enjoyed a single match of Ricochet in Champions. 

Maybe it'll be more fun for me on different maps?  

Solace works alright, Haven works alot better than i thought it would, and Adrift is weird.

I haven't played any of the DLC ones for self-explanatory reasons.

I also got a few achievements without trying. Including "Pitching a Tent."  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay, Ricochet on Haven is GOAT. I do enjoy it on this map a lot; however, I don't think Adrift works well with it (or anything for that matter). 

Yeah, Adrift's goals are horrible. Haven plays great though. Only played these two, no opinion on Solace. 

Ricochet is REALLY fun. 

I really like Ricochet, but the maps currently available in the playlist are awful, sans-Haven.  Haven't played one DLC map yet.

Haven Richocet is seriously bomb. So many angles you can throw the ball from and scoring off the lifts makes me wanna yell "KOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". But seriously its a chaotic fun gametype that can get very competitive with solid teams. Favorite playlist atm, just wish there were more snipers on the maps.

They need to update Haven to the current map incarnation. Me and Goat just played like 10 games on that map and spawning as Red is so bad when your power weapon is the Needler. Other than that, it's pretty fun pretending to be Peyton Manning and throwing those miraculous hail marys. 

Oh, and increase the respawn times. 5 seconds is way too short for the gametype, even if we ended up mowing down everyone on the other team ad nauseum. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just went into a game of grifball....some ahole on my team kept trying to throw the ball into the bomb spot :ninja:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven Richocet is seriously bomb. So many angles you can throw the ball from and scoring off the lifts makes me wanna yell "KOBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". But seriously its a chaotic fun gametype that can get very competitive with solid teams. Favorite playlist atm, just wish there were more snipers on the maps.

Haha yes this! This one team was destroying me and my team of randoms. I think it was a full team on the other side because they very coordinated. Anyway they were about to 200-0 us but I got a nice throw goal from open ramp onto their side. Even losing is pretty fun in this gametype. 

Played it a lot. Haven is fun. Solace is meh. Adrift is horrible(what isn't bad on adrift). It's a good gametype but the usual H4 problems are still there. H4 always puts me on a horrible host. West coast problems.

Haha yes this! This one team was destroying me and my team of randoms. I think it was a full team on the other side because they very coordinated. Anyway they were about to 200-0 us but I got a nice throw goal from open ramp onto their side. Even losing is pretty fun in this gametype. 

I have to agree. theres even a skillgap in throwing the ball, ive seen skilled players with some nice goals and jukes. 

Has anyone gotten into a matchmaking game with the updated Skyline and Monolith variants? really interested in downloading for Custom Game usage

Have not played on them yet but for haven whats the weapon spawns. Needle, stick det, what else?

Holy crap, when the game is about to end the announcer says: 3....2....1...... game over. VICTORY (if you win) Thats something new I've never heard from Champion Bundle!

Have not played on them yet but for haven whats the weapon spawns. Needle, stick det, what else?

Scattershot bottom mid. Red gets sticky det, blue gets needles or vice versa I forget.

Holy crap, when the game is about to end the announcer says: 3....2....1...... game over. VICTORY (if you win) Thats something new I've never heard from Champion Bundle!

The countdown is epic. 

Scattershot bottom mid. Red gets sticky det, blue gets needles or vice versa I forget.

Scatter bottom mid please tell me ghost is going to change it to shot gun not liking the idea of scatter being used.

Scatter bottom mid please tell me ghost is going to change it to shot gun not liking the idea of scatter being used.

AFAIK, Ricochet isn't going to make it for v5, so maybe v6, However it if it does make it in to Throwdown at any point, I'm sure he'll use the same weapon placement as he currently does in v4 Haven TS and Extraction.

AFAIK, Ricochet isn't going to make it for v5, so maybe v6, However it if it does make it in to Throwdown at any point, I'm sure he'll use the same weapon placement as he currently does in v4 Haven TS and Extract

I get ya.