Sign in to follow this  
Jinxer

H4GC: Competitive Halo's Last WHOO-RAH or What's to come?

Which one?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Last whoo-rah or a look into the future?

• The Halo 4 GC was Competitive Halo's Last WHOO RAH (last time in the spotlight)
    • The GC was just a look into what is in store for Halo.
    • Not quite sure

Was the Halo 4 Global Championship Competitive Halo's Last Whoo Rah (last time in the spotlight) or was it a preview of what's to come.

I personally have no clue. I sure hope that Halo is back (well at least coming back) and that Halo 5 will bring us a major eSports title.

What do you guys think?

Definitely think there will be more to come.

Maybe not in a tournament setting but the amount of traction gained from this tournament isn't going to be ignored.

I think there is alot more to come judging by the community reaction (for Sunday) and the tweets floating around, but on what scale or what it could possibly be- no one knows.

I'm curious to how 343 will support AGL and UMG Halo from here on. 

Have they supported them before? Apart from Bravo commentating and advertising the event on Waypoint I can't recall any support from 343 to AGL or UMG, of course knowing me I could be flat out wrong. 

Judging from tweets from Ghost and VG Carl and some 343 employees, it's pretty clear there is more to come.

Agreed but 'when' is the big question. Will they announce a 4v4 Halo 4 tourney next month or will it be in 8 months time or will it be a Halo 5 launch tourney?

I think the future of competitive Halo depends a lot on when 343/VG/M$ plan to hold their next tourney. 

I remember when people were saying columbus (last reach event) was the last WHOO RAH. Turns out, nope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed but 'when' is the big question. Will they announce a 4v4 Halo 4 tourney next month or will it be in 8 months time or will it be a Halo 5 launch tourney?

I think the future of competitive Halo depends a lot on when 343/VG/M$ plan to hold their next tourney. 

I am guessing not until H5, Halo 4 will be near death when the Xbox One and the other games launch and at that point it wouldn't even be worth it to throw another for H4.

I am guessing not until H5, Halo 4 will be near death when the Xbox One and the other games launch and at that point it wouldn't even be worth it to throw another for H4.

Yeah, true. Who knows, they might hold another with 3-4 months until Halo 5 for Halo 4 to hype H5 up.

We have another shot the second halo 5 comes out. But the population isn't going to grow in halo 4 at all. We can hope to maintain the people we have now. And we can still improve the game. 

I am bummed tho bc i just found out slayer pro is out of infinity slayer. I'm guessing this is an attempt to resurrect the throwdown population bc slayer pro got picked a lot when i played infinity (maybe bc i only vote slayer pro but still)

We have another shot the second halo 5 comes out. But the population isn't going to grow in halo 4 at all. We can hope to maintain the people we have now. And we can still improve the game. 

I am bummed tho bc i just found out slayer pro is out of infinity slayer. I'm guessing this is an attempt to resurrect the throwdown population bc slayer pro got picked a lot when i played infinity (maybe bc i only vote slayer pro but still)

I think the next Halo would definitely be where the big boost comes from. However we as a community shouldn't just stop everything and wait till next Halo. I think its important to stay engaged and AGL sized tournaments should continue till next Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the next Halo would definitely be where the big boost comes from. However we as a community shouldn't just stop everything and wait till next Halo. I think its important to stay engaged and AGL sized tournaments should continue till next Halo.

this

I remember when people were saying columbus (last reach event) was the last WHOO RAH. Turns out, nope.

I still think that event beats any H4 event that has happened so far when it comes to hype.  The whole event was insanely fun to watch (Friday FFAs were decent, Saturday 4v4s were amazing, Sunday 4v4s were godlike)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still think that event beats any H4 event that has happened so far when it comes to hype.  The whole event was insanely fun to watch (Friday FFAs were decent, Saturday 4v4s were amazing, Sunday 4v4s were godlike)

I agree.. The video of the crowd chanting "HALO! HALO!" still gives me chills

Yeah, true. Who knows, they might hold another with 3-4 months until Halo 5 for Halo 4 to hype H5 up.

Or better yet make H2 Anny with spec mode(dont care if they release it on the EXACT 10 year anniversary of H2) and watch the scene be instantly revived. I still think H2 is the funnest online Halo to watch and play, it would be so awesome to have a legitimate comp Halo title with an enormous skill gap/clans/ranked playlists again. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or better yet make H2 Anny with spec mode(dont care if they release it on the EXACT 10 year anniversary of H2) and watch the scene be instantly revived. I still think H2 is the funnest online Halo to watch and play, it would be so awesome to have a legitimate comp Halo title with an enormous skill gap/clans/ranked playlists again. 

Agreed, that would be sick.

Watch them announce another FFA/1v1 tournament. 

Also, isn't the point of all this to get Halo to a state where we can host our OWN damn tournaments? I really don't want to go through another tournament format that is essentially online Rumble Fiesta. 

Or are you all satisfied that 343 spent a bagillion dollars to bring us four or five interesting 1v1 matchups? 

Watch them announce another FFA/1v1 tournament. 

Also, isn't the point of all this to get Halo to a state where we can host our OWN damn tournaments? I really don't want to go through another tournament format that is essentially online Rumble Fiesta. 

Or are you all satisfied that 343 spent a bagillion dollars to bring us four or five interesting 1v1 matchups? 

I hope they dont announce another FFA tournament - However I do think it was a good way to give every single player at least a chance at winning 200 thousand dollars.  I also do agree with you about the online portion - I disliked the infinity challenge format and there were a lot of loopholes with the online portion of the H4GC as well - but until we get dedicated servers I wont like anything with an online qualifier.

Im going to have to disagree with you on the "343 spent a bagillion dollars to bring us 4-5 1v1 matchups" - it brought more than than in my opinion. The H4GC provided (imo) weeks of entertainment through the online portion (even though it was flawed).  Seeing people grinding it out to try and make it was pretty entertaining to watch.  Especially when streamers like Ryanoob and Ninja, Naded, etc were all trying to knock each other off for multiple weeks.  I also found the FFA's to be very intense.

Seeing players like Heinz, snipedown, and flamesword go out in the early rounds of the tournament made everything very interesting / crazy.  The event itself was awesome, and had a nice mix of casual aspects like RvB, and communities like Ready up Live were at the event & it was really the first time competitive and casual players have really interacted like that.

I would like to see another collab 4v4 tournament from 343/Virgin so the halo community can actually start "branding" teams again.  We have no "Optics" or "nV's" like CoD has - and these organizations fast tracked the branding of their name by getting known through these huge tournaments like CoD XP.

• Upvote (+1) 3