Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Halo is what you make it to be.

Even if Halo 4 is not as great as other Halos, it is MUCH more enjoyable than any other game by far.

Even if Halo 4 has so many flaws, in my very own opinion is a good game I quite enjoy it some times and play customs with my friends or go in a frenzy in matchmaking. Yes, there are issues with descope, sprint, ordance, etc that might be annoying and destroy Halo in anyway, but there thousands of players playing that right now in BTB for example and enjoy it. Variation of opinions and perspectives, people think Halo 4 sucks and is not fun. While others think the opposite.

I think Halo 4 might not be the best Halo. But Halo 4 is a good/decent game in my eyes, and hell I prefer to play default Halo 4 over default Halo: Reach.

Like Briteyez said, there are flaws with the game and so many different perspectives that there's no real fact until a certain point. 

I'm actually very grateful that 343 is trying to make things up and going forward with Halo's future. I don't wanna know which other company could do this for us, not even Bungie after what they did with Reach imo....

I'm looking forward what 343 brings to Halo 4 and do with Halo 5, because by now they have done slowly but steady changes which benefited the community in small ways. And after a tournament like that and saying publicly that the competitive community is spreading their ideologies and criticism inside 343's devs guidance for Halo's future, I was quite calmed.

People want actions and I understand it. But when Saucey and Coachmayne, two of the people who most bashed the crap outta 343 say: 'They get it' and when they write as calmed as never before... that means when they spoke with 343 face-to-face that means good vibrations were going on in the conversation. I trust them, and if those two, if cyren, if ghost, if apk, if saucey, if coachmayne, ALL OF THEM... trust 343 and believe that good things are coming, why the fuck I shouldn't expect good things from 343? 

I'm quite shocked that the competitive community of halo in north america is like this... not even the spanish community complains like this. Maybe Im dumb and Im just praying that everything is alright...

But I just want the best for Halo, and I believe complaining every 5 minutes won't help a crap... For now, 343 has my faith maybe I dont expect too much in Halo 4, but in the next Halo I believe it'll be better than the last 2 Halo games... Unless they do something that shocks the entire community in a real negative way and the population drops to a couple hundred. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like everybody else, I am frustrated.

But we have this game for another year and it's not going to get any better. The game is playable now which is good enough for me. We just need to support. If we don't, then why is 343 really going to care about people they will never please? 

Constructive feedback is good. They're listening. Yeah it sucks they're not open with the next games development, but that's Microsoft sticking their fingers in 343's vagina.  Just keep it positive and hope we get another global Championship next year before Halo 5. Make it a 4v4 as well. 

No sprint, spectator mode, Descope, and a good ranking system is all I hope for in Halo 5. If it's not there, then start panicking. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was a superb tournament to watch.

It is a  large step forward.

I would happily watch another.

Irrelevant if 343 found it a success from a business standpoint or not. This tournament was 9/10. The money and effort into production was mind blowing. It shows significant support.

I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT FUTURE TOURNIES, HALO 5 OR THE BUSINESS OUTCOME OF THIS TOURNEY. I DON'T WANT TO GET BANNED UNTIL NEXT WEEK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though I've thrown in the towel with Halo, the playing the game aspect, I definitely have seen a lot of positive action made by 343 with Halo 4. They did start out bad, really bad, but now they're improving the game quite a bit. Also, with that tournament, it shows that they're trying to breath new life into the game, and get the ball rolling for Halo 5 (or whatever game is next).

Like everybody else, I am frustrated.

But we have this game for another year and it's not going to get any better. The game is playable now which is good enough for me. We just need to support. If we don't, then why is 343 really going to care about people they will never please?

Constructive feedback is good. They're listening. Yeah it sucks they're not open with the next games development, but that's Microsoft sticking their fingers in 343's vagina. Just keep it positive and hope we get another global Championship next year before Halo 5. Make it a 4v4 as well.

No sprint, spectator mode, Descope, and a good ranking system is all I hope for in Halo 5. If it's not there, then start panicking.

Man. Microsoft is not telling 343i to not interact with the community. C'mon. Seriously?

Man. Microsoft is not telling 343i to not interact with the community. C'mon. Seriously?

Actually it's very hard to get interviews with 343i employees because of MS and going through a process, now I'm sure they have some freedom on twitter, forums, etc. Still I could see some comments coming back and hurting them if not careful.

You guys responding to golden boy aren't really helping. He knows the issues, he knows what the deal is. You don't have to convince him into anything. One can dislike halo 4 as a "halo" game but still enjoy it as an Fps.

Thank you sir.

Thank you sir.

I just want to give my full respects. You've become a face in this community and you interact with us. Just think it's pretty cool. And you did amazing at H4GC. Hope next year is even bigger. Hats off to you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4 was doomed from the start, it was never made to be competitive but was made in hopes of being more accessible to the people who couldn't break 10 kills in previous Halo games in the comp play-lists and it was a last ditch attempt to draw in some of the CoD audience by emulating its gameplay set-up in many ways. But that doesn't mean I cant commend 343 for making the best out of a game that was never going to be what hardcore Halo MP fans want, they did the same with Reach as well. I would like to think that Reach v2 or H4.5 wont happen and 343 will realize that more people preferred Arena-style Halo to a poor cod imitation and that 343 will restore Halo's core gameplay to its previous glory with H5. There is now indisputable evidence that H4 was NOT the right direction MP wise, and 343 would be better off building off the trilogy style rather than the spin-off style started by Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Goldenboy credentials aren't though.

I honestly don't know what some of you are expecting in terms of the game, the game has had it's flaws and faults but a lot of good changes have happened in the last year. There's no denying that part.

I expect a game that entertains me. Playing Halo 4 just isn't very fun. It isn't a bad game per se, but there are so many better games out there. When friends come over and we want to play Halo, Halo 4 isn't even the one we play either. And my friends are extremely casual players.

It just doesn't have anything unique going for it, honestly. It is an average game.

Actually it's very hard to get interviews with 343i employees because of MS and going through a process, now I'm sure they have some freedom on twitter, forums, etc. Still I could see some comments coming back and hurting them if not careful.

I don't know what other people think, but I'm not a huge fan of this shady business model. Riot Games is open about the changes and future of their game. Look where it got them. Transparency is a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tournament was a success, but the game still sucks.

These are things that continue to bother me. These mechanics are built into the game. Evolution is an important thing. Just because these dynamics are in the game does not mean it's a bad thing. It just means the meta of the game is changing. I can understand that it's a scary concept. But you have to be willing to embrace it and attempt to draw in a new crowd. Otherwise, you will fizzle out with the rest. With the amount of backing you guys are getting from 343 I don't want to see that happen. They're working hard for you guys!

What Akademik had to say. Bringing in modern stuff like sprint does not work. Halo won't die if it doesn't have sprint. Sprint and PoDs is what's killing Halo.
Anyways I'd rather have Halo die as Halo than Halo die as some gross hybrid. I'd rather have 343 prove us wrong. What I mean by that is people keep saying old Halo doesn't work when we haven't had "old" Halo since H3 which was extremely popular. We finally got classic Halo during Reach when Halo was dying and we had an amazing tournament with over 1000 people there competing. So lets see old Halo fail first before we start saying Halo needs sprint to stay relevant.

One can dislike halo 4 as a "halo" game but still enjoy it as an Fps.

If that were the case I'd enjoy playing Halo 4. I haven't played H4 in a month. Last time I played it, I haven't played it for a month. I got on thinking I'd enjoy myself since I'd be playing with friends, but man was it boring. Too much BS in this game to enjoy it like CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I like some of the changes in matchmaking like how complex on 8v8 ctf has rockets spawning in a central contestable location making map control important once again. But keep in mind that I enjoy playing matchmaking and not watching pros in a championship. The improvements need to continue in matchmaking with better maps.

Is 343 going to look for more community maps for 4v4? Or big team skirmish?

Big team skirmish is such a great start but with humble (read that just a few good maps) beginning that it is destined to fail soon. It would not be fair to tell us how that playlist will be removed due to low population if new maps are not introduced.

I know people use the excuse that 343 has most of their staff on the next title but if that is the true reason they cannot support their existing product then it's by choice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

These are things that continue to bother me. These mechanics are built into the game. Evolution is an important thing. Just because these dynamics are in the game does not mean it's a bad thing. It just means the meta of the game is changing. I can understand that it's a scary concept. But you have to be willing to embrace it and attempt to draw in a new crowd. Otherwise, you will fizzle out with the rest. With the amount of backing you guys are getting from 343 I don't want to see that happen. They're working hard for you guys!

I completely disagree with you.

Change is fine.

Change for the worse is not.   Halo 4 continued down a path of lowering the skill gap and adding randomness to the game.  That is not "evolution."  I do not want halo to become more random- that is the antithesis of competitive halo.  You want to lower randomness as much as possible so that it is more like chess rather than poker.

Additions *can* be made to the game that do not bring in inherent randomness.  Take AAs for example:  If 343 decides to make them central map pickups as opposed to letting people start off with them, and doesn't pollute the map with so many that there is enough for everyone and his brother and they are impossible to keep track off- than that would be fine.

Stuff like random ordnance and flinch though- that is not fine.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i think dual wielding is a good example of something that fit well into halo universe. It brought a new element to halo without taking away from the core

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

...343 can do a lot better and they can start by removing all of these features that ruined the game we love. all they have to do is release a game that plays similar to CE, 2 and 3 and we are good. That's it.

This...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thank you sir.

As a  FPS , It is enjoyable because it mixes  different things into 1 game, which is "innovative" and I guess that is how 343i wanted it, but when that game happens to be Halo( IMO, one of the pillars of an Arena FPS) that  is when i tend to not like it as much because of what one would expect of a Halo game. Only time will tell, but I want to beli343 and trust them that HALO is in good hands, this past weekend they demonstrated what they can do, and tbh... those games were intense, and for the first time in a long time, I had the URGE to watch  Halo, which in the end, what mostly people want, watch Halo events and enjoy them(from a spectator POV).

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tournament was a success, but the game still sucks.

What Akademik had to say. Bringing in modern stuff like sprint does not work. Halo won't die if it doesn't have sprint. Sprint and PoDs is what's killing Halo.

Anyways I'd rather have Halo die as Halo than Halo die as some gross hybrid. I'd rather have 343 prove us wrong. What I mean by that is people keep saying old Halo doesn't work when we haven't had "old" Halo since H3 which was extremely popular. We finally got classic Halo during Reach when Halo was dying and we ha an amazing tournament with over 1000 people there competing. So lets see old Halo fail first before we start saying Halo need sprint to stay relevant.

If that were the case I'd enjoy playing Halo 4. I haven't played H4 in a month. Last time I played it, I haven't played it for a month. I got on thinking I'd enjoy myself since I'd be playing with friends, but man was it boring. Too much BS in this game to enjoy it like CoD.

I don't think it exactly relates to each other. I honestly dislike it as a Halo game, but don't mind it as a FPS. However my view is tarnished overall due to the disappointment of hoping it would play like a classic halo game. I dont like it enough as a FPS to play it though. There are other FPS's that get that priority over it.

i think dual wielding is a good example of something that fit well into halo universe. It brought a new element to halo without taking away from the core

My apologies for the neg rep. I woke up this morning and was reading some of the threads on my phone while taking a dump and must have accidentally negged you.

I don't think it exactly relates to each other. I honestly dislike it as a Halo game, but don't mind it as a FPS. However my view is tarnished overall due to the disappointment of hoping it would play like a classic halo game. I dont like it enough as a FPS to play it though. There are other FPS's that get that priority over it.

The problem i have with FPS's as of late, are not only are they getting easier, but the MM is so bland. I need a ranking system to keep me going. So much fun trying to get your 50 cause you actually to have to win to get there. You don't just get it for playing the game. Getting prestige is boring to me. The idea of leveling up to unlock stuff is aight, but that can't be the main dish, that's the appetizer. There's no satisfying feeling for prestiging. People brag about how they're prestige 10 or whatever. All that means is you played the game  alot. Doesn't mean you're better than me or anything. Good for you, you spent hours playing a game, but doesn't mean you're good. 

The CoD MM formula would go great with Halo 2's and 3's MM. Also JiP has to stop if there's gonna be ranks. It's okay for social, but man does it kill the competitive spirit when you join a game that already has 30 kills. I like what 343i has been doing with their JiP where there's a small window to join in a game that already started, but i'd like that strictly for social games only.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem i have with FPS's as of late, are not only are they getting easier, but the MM is so bland. I need a ranking system to keep me going. So much fun trying to get your 50 cause you actually to have to win to get there. You don't just get it for playing the game. Getting prestige is boring to me. The idea of leveling up to unlock stuff is aight, but that can't be the main dish, that's the appetizer. There's no satisfying feeling for prestiging. People brag about how they're prestige 10 or whatever. All that means is you played the game  alot. Doesn't mean you're better than me or anything. Good for you, you spent hours playing a game, but doesn't mean you're good. 

The CoD MM formula would go great with Halo 2's and 3's MM. Also JiP has to stop if there's gonna be ranks. It's okay for social, but man does it kill the competitive spirit when you join a game that already has 30 kills. I like what 343i has been doing with their JiP where there's a small window to join in a game that already started, but i'd like that strictly for social games only.

That makes sense to me. While I can agree for the most part, there are still exceptions to the rule. Games like Quake, Shadowrun, Unreal, Rainbow Six 3, and many many others did a good job in regards to getting me hooked and wanting to keep playing. I think these games just offered something unique and specific at the time and that was good enough. When it comes to other games, I absolutely agree. I even made a post in another thread hoping that for Halo 5, they focus on the "playability" factor more so than creating a system which just focuses on grinding in order to unlock gear.

When it comes to matchmaking, I agree there as well. It's odd how we have seem to have taken a few steps backwards in terms of matchmaking over the years.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That makes sense to me. While I can agree for the most part, there are still exceptions to the rule. Games like Quake, Shadowrun, Unreal, Rainbow Six 3, and many many others did a good job in regards to getting me hooked and wanting to keep playing. I think these games just offered something unique and specific at the time and that was good enough. When it comes to other games, I absolutely agree. I even made a post in another thread hoping that for Halo 5, they focus on the "playability" factor more so than creating a system which just focuses on grinding in order to unlock gear.

When it comes to matchmaking, I agree there as well. It's odd how we have seem to have taken a few steps backwards in terms of matchmaking over the years.

Yeah there are games that are just fun to play regardless of the MM formula. I've actually thought about how playing Halo:CE would just be plain fun without having MM or online. Just none of my friends are huge into Halo and i'd rape them all making them not want to play lol. I have one friend who's really into Halo, but for some reason he turned into a noob sorta and says he's gotta play the new Halo and plays stuff like BTB which he use to hate on. 

BF4 looks like a game i could play countless hours on. Playing on these HUGE maps with a big number of players. It's different for me and i could see myself playing that game quite a  bit with ym friends. Unless it get the same experience from BF3 that is(which is dull). 

Other games like Murder Miners i'd be willing to play more if i could find real games lol. 

I just like the idea that everyone has the same sort of mentality when going into a game. Having both teams start at 0-0 makes you think about the score and less about your kills at first. 

For fighting games, they have a  ranking system, but i'm not too sure how it works, but i have no problem with just playing the game online cause i'm enjoying myself and i'm playing against someone else who is trying to beat me, not just stat or anything like that. 

Prophet I agree with you 100% but this community *HATES* change they only want halo to be halo 3 or halo 2 and that's it nothing new keep to the old code. But change for games can be good and bad but I want to see halo evolve  with a new generation of gamers but I don't think the old guard wants to give up there throne to a newer guard yet and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep the new generation at their feet.

• Downvote (-1) 4