Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

Halo is what you make it to be.

After seeing the Halo4GC this past weekend I have to, first off, say that this was some of the best production I have seen out of Halo in quite some time. Secondly, I find it quite disheartening that after 343 put up so much time and effort towards providing this to all of you that the majority of the response I've seen back was negative. I may not be completely involved with Halo but I do keep an eye on what is happening and 343 has made leaps and bounds of improvement for this game. You guys have to realize this. They are making active efforts to improve this game. Continue to support them! I have complete faith in them to make it right to all of you.

Don't give up on the dream.

<3

I don't think anyone can deny that Sunday was amazing and it will always be remembered as one of the best days for the competitive Halo scene, however, I feel a lot of people were disappointed after watching Friday and Saturday's stream. I think it would have been best if 343 had said no stream on Friday/Saturday.

People were expecting Friday and Saturday to live up to the hype of being a 'Global Championship' event and it didn't until Sunday. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm glad 343 has given extensive support to the Halo 4. They've improved it and I think they're starting to familiarize themselves with its passionate and ambitious community. 

Hopefully, we will continue to go up from here and end up with the balanced, content-packed, and traditional Halo game we've missed. Some of the new stuff (which can actually be fun) could still be in a more selective part of the game.   

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've played bad video games... Halo 4 is not a bad video game by any means.

I don't like bad video games lol.

Questionable....

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Compared to past Halo's and the potential Halo has...Halo 4 is the worst game i've ever played 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Yeah, the tournament was great, there are just certain people that, regardless of all the things 343 has done, it will never be enough for them unless they do exactly what they want. 200k tournament, sorry I wasnt asking for that, I'm still gonna be a whiny ***** lol That's one of the reasons I left these forums, better to enjoy halo with personal friends than deal with the internet idiots in the community lol

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Goldenboy credentials aren't though.

I honestly don't know what some of you are expecting in terms of the game, the game has had it's flaws and faults but a lot of good changes have happened in the last year. There's no denying that part.

I won't go into detail but I think we all know what issues Halo 4 has.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I mean liking a game is indeed subjective, but the majority opinion does carry some weight... Population... No sprint... Blah blah blah. Yes they have done things to bring H4 up from rock bottom, but you can't really blame people for still not enjoying it. Up from rock bottom for many is still a long way down.

I don't really think it requires an explanation at this point. It is obvious for obvious reasons that a majority of halo 4's consumer base hasn't elected to continue playing the game.

That might not mean it's bad in an individuals eyes, but it just seems like most people don't agree with that perspective.

personally I've returned to Halo 3 and ODST firefight, which I feel provides a better halo experience than the current offerings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Goldenboy credentials aren't though.

I honestly don't know what some of you are expecting in terms of the game, the game has had it's flaws and faults but a lot of good changes have happened in the last year. There's no denying that part.

Man, you're from CE..You know what a good Halo game is....If this game was a truly a success from TU changes, DLC and tournaments.  You would have increased population, players not continuing to say "Going to cod after this", and many other various outcomes from strong changes.  I'm sorry Cyren, but some sub-par DLC and a 4sk BR is not what makes it good or great to me.  I don't think you realize that the nail was placed in the coffin months ago, and it's not coming out anytime soon...  With that said, Coachmayne what do you have for us bro! ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think everyone agrees Halo 4 has issues, but people aren't as open to say when something good happens. That's what sucks about this community, it isn't even about slurping but acknowledgment.

Man, you're from CE..You know what a good Halo game is....If this game was a truly a success from TU changes, DLC and tournaments. You would have increased population, players not continuing to say "Going to cod after this", and many other various outcomes from strong changes. I'm sorry Cyren, but some sub-par DLC and a 4sk BR is not what makes it good or great to me. I don't think you realize that the nail was placed in the coffin months ago, and it's not coming out anytime soon... With that said, Coachmayne what do you have for us bro! ;)

Games population rarely go up after the first wave of buyers, there has been a lot of good for Halo 4 in the last few months. Does the game still have issues? of course. But have steps been made to correct those? Yes. Everythigs a work in progress.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Questionable....

In the grand scheme of things, as in the video game industry overall, Halo 4 is not a bad game by any means. It's actually pretty good. It just isn't as good as any of the other Halo titles. (Not counting Reach)

• Upvote (+1) 2

We know the issues but I am talking in terms of a solid video game. When you break it down to the competitive players it's a different story but I enjoy playing the game.

Again, that's how I view it.

I didn't like Reach (NB/NS was awesome though) so I stopped playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish I could agree 100% but I don't. If 343/microsofts policies were more flexible with users being able to modify the game, I would be comfortable agreeing with that statement. Halo can only be made into something which fits the boundaries of the options given, and right now we don't have all the options or support to make halo feel like classic halo.

I know that wont happen, but until it does I won't be able to play a version of halo in which I love.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes Halo 4 when stripped down and played in custom lobbies can be pleasant and frustration free.... However this is 2013 and I shouldn't have to go through all that trouble so here comes War-Games! undoubtedly the most frustrating Halo experience to date.... So Matchmaking wise Halo 4 is not a bad game but rather a horrible game

• Upvote (+1) 2

In the grand scheme of things, as in the video game industry overall, Halo 4 is not a bad game by any means. It's actually pretty good. It just isn't as good as any of the other Halo titles. (Not counting Reach)

It's not a bad game if it was created by a small developer.  But it's Microsoft's own development company....and their model is pretty unprofessional for a company of that stature.  In my opinion, their model so far has been.  "Let's sort of fix major issues, but not totally solve anything."  For example, there was a major outcry when it was announced no ranks were going to be in Halo4.  Come MLGDallas, ranks were announced.  Ranks were launched 7months after release and were invisible.  Ranks now only cause games to take longer to find a match, but don't actually help you find a good match.  As far as DLC goes, MapPack1 came out like 2weeks after the game launched.  It was hyped up like it would have a map for every teamsize play.  That was not the case at all.  All 3 were BTB maps, to which not even BTB players enjoyed.  The 2nd pack was released essentially as an apology for promising small maps but not coming through.  These maps were tailored much towards the 4v4, but were very sub-par in actuality.  The only reason people say they are good, is because they are comparing them to the sadness of what exists on the disc.

tl:dr  Halo4 is bad, Halo has never suffered so bad in it's life. :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys responding to golden boy aren't really helping. He knows the issues, he knows what the deal is. You don't have to convince him into anything. One can dislike halo 4 as a "halo" game but still enjoy it as an Fps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I totally agree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was so pumped after GC. I watched raleigh 2011 and all those old tD vs Str8 finals.

Epic events.

But than I searched throwdown and I wanted to off myself. Hopefully halo 5 is more like halo 2

Halo 4 is a good game game but i got it because i thought it was going go be HALO I love Halo 

About the tournament, I would rather have a Amazing halo little developer support for tournaments, Then a Global championship every year for halo 4 and a 30k population 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also don't understand why being real as opposed to overly optimistic about things I know nothing about is considered "being negative". Most people just want something tangible instead of constant posts patting the community on the back while whispering in our ear, "Everything will be alright, Halo will be awesome in the morning". I don't give credit to anyone until they show me they deserve it. Someone telling me that they understand isn't enough. They need to SHOW us that they understand, which will either happen or not soon enough.

There's a line though about being "real". They put on a 200k tourney and people still complain (worse than ever). At a certain point you start to stray away from wanting what is good for the community and game and start to look like you just want to bitch about every little thing.

You guys are asking them to show you "they get it". Look at this past weekend, does that not look like someone not in tune with our community? Did the event hurt the game and this community?

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's a line though about being "real". They put on a 200k tourney and people still complain (worse then ever). At a certain point you start to stray away from wanting what is good for the community and game and start to look like you just want to bitch about every little thing.

You guys are asking them to show them "they get it". Look at this past weekend, does that not look like someone not in tune with our community?

We want more than a tourney for this game we call Halo. The $200K tourney still had sprint, no de-scope, flinch, etc. The tourney was great (sunday) and I love that 343 embraced competitive halo, but that doesn't mean everything is suddenly great from here on out. Go play halo 4 and see what i mean.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1