Sign in to follow this  
Psycho Seal A89

If Halo 5 has ranks, de-scope, tournaments etc would sprint matter?

If Halo 5 had everything you all wanted I'm talking:

In-game 1-50 ranks (just like Halo 2/3) with five corresponding ranked classic playlists Slayer, FFA, Snipers, Objective and MLG.

De-scope

Spectator Mode

MLG tournaments aswell as Microsoft tournaments for huge cash prizes (like the one we've just seen)

and everything else you all would like to add..

Would you all put up with a nerfed Sprint? (Like now but your sprint gets cancelled out when you receive incoming fire, meaning people can't sprint away from fights anymore but people that like sprint for Big Team etc can still have it) So yeah if you had all the above would you even mind sprint if it was like this?

I ask because I honestly know for a FACT there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that 343 is going to make Halo 5 without sprint but maybe if we can suggest a compromise like my suggestion (or your suggestions) we could come up with a better sprint for Halo overall.

Well predicted. Think you're probably right, I don't think sprint will make a big difference. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Don't know how gullible and childish you guys really are, but the constant sprint debate is starting to really show it... 

I mean, how can you guys still believe sprint will be taken out? Like, come on.. get a fucking clue.

Sprint isn't going anywhere to appease a couple hundred boycotters on Team Beyond. I'd prefer no sprint, but Halo 5's implementation isn't game breaking. 

It needs to be nerfed, as do thrusters, but it's not game breaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Well predicted. Think you're probably right, I don't think sprint will make a big difference. 

Sprint is making a huge difference. It is effectively ruining this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't know how gullible and childish you guys really are, but the constant sprint debate is starting to really show it... 

I mean, how can you guys still believe sprint will be taken out? Like, come on.. get a fucking clue.

Sprint isn't going anywhere to appease a couple hundred boycotters on Team Beyond. I'd prefer no sprint, but Halo 5's implementation isn't game breaking. 

Last time I checked, the way Sprint stretches maps is game breaking.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If halo 5 has sprint I'm not buying it

Then I can 100% guarantee you won't be playing Halo 5. They won't remove it. I'll bet my damn account on it (not like that means much). 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Then I can 100% guarantee you won't be playing Halo 5. They won't remove it. I'll bet my damn account on it (not like that means much). 

thats fine by me

i'll just switch over to valve titles which are ran by competent devs 

and have a huge community, and you can monetize your youtube content

Seriously, you need to stop with this attitude. People like you, accepting things because they aren't likely to be removed, are the reason this franchise has turned into what it is now.

If something damages gameplay, why shouldn't we be complaining? This is a BETA - the entire purpose of it is to get feedback. 343 are asking for feedback, and here you are telling us to stop talking about somethimg about something that players dislike. And sprint isnt something that only a minority of players hate - pretty much every major community is split almost evenly on the issue.

Not talking abut sprint gives the illusion that players accept it. Constantly showing disapproval has a chance of making a change. A small chance, but I'll take a small chance over no chance any day. And for the record, sprint does break gameplay, which has been demonstrated by the hundreds of posts and videos in the beta feedback/discussion thread.

Also, why the fuck are we posting in a year old thread?

• Upvote (+1) 9

If everything else was perfect sure, but even then. Sprint changes the game completely and I'm sure 343 to a degree is aware of that.

Kinda getting tired of debating this tbh, we've takled about sprint being terrible for Halo since Reach actually. That's 2010, now we're in 2015.

Whoever decided to bring this topic back up, thx. Now I hate myself even more for liking sprint.

You're welcome ;)

I don't know how ignorant and sheepish you really are if you think it's anywhere close to a few 100 people and only on beyond that complain about sprint. Also I don't think any of us actually think it will be taken out, but we're not just going to accept something we don't agree with.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather play a fun game than a game with ranks, spectator mode, and massive tournaments that is not fun (for me). I feel a little arrogant saying that, since we have been begging for these things for so long, but in the end, fun is the most important factor. My experience of fun is different from that of many, but it is still important for me.

And no, I don't adapt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how ignorant and sheepish you really are if you think it's anywhere close to a few 100 people and only on beyond that complain about sprint. Also I don't think any of us actually think it will be taken out, but we're not just going to accept something we don't agree with.

Then don't, but stop trying to get rid of it, lol, it's never going to happen.

Sooner you accept it, the better your life will get. I stopped trying months ago. 

Then don't, but stop trying to get rid of it, lol, it's never going to happen.

Sooner you accept it, the better your life will get. I stopped trying months ago. 

You are quite literally the worst type of person in any gaming community. Yup, lets all bend over and take it up the arse. Great way to get good games.

from the little I have played and seen from streams:

i think the game would be really good if they just took out sprint and scaled the maps accordingly

I can only speak from my experience of playing the beta for twenty hours. 

I will rent H5 for the story assuming I can follow it this time around. Just not feeling this game's multiplayer much. Will be playing Cod: BO3 and UT4 to fill the void. And MCC, of course.

H5 is what it is, I guess. But what it is, isn't something I had much fun with. 

The thruster pack is more of an issue then sprint to be honest. That right there is a get out of jail card, sprint still sucks but they worked it in better than they ever have. One thing I find beyond annoying is when jumping with bumper jump during a br fight it wants to ground pound cause I guess I'm pressing the left analog to hard and I can't help it but it throws the whole battle off and that alone makes me loose my shit so I can no longer jump during a br fight, thanks 343i

H5 already has ranks, descope, and there will be tourneys. Yet even if sprint is further NERFED, I won't be purchasing it. If they REMOVE it and rework the maps, I probably will. Right now, the maps are terrible because of sprint, and as mentioned by many others, one of the effects of that is the long, drawn out games and passive play styles.

• Downvote (-1) 1

H5 already has ranks, descope, and there will be tourneys. Yet even if sprint is further NERFED, I won't be purchasing it. If they REMOVE it and rework the maps, I probably will. Right now, the maps are terrible because of sprint, and as mentioned by many others, one of the effects of that is the long, drawn out games and passive play styles.

I can honestly say I have never had a 4v4 game on midship go to time. It's already happened countless times in this beta...