MaceX42

Heated debate on Twitter, which duo of brothers is the best in Halo?

On twitter it's staring to be debated, which duo of brothers in Halo are the best? 

There's the Ogres, Elamite and Ace, Roy and Lunchbox, Hoaxer and Elumnite and the Suddoths (lol). 

What order do you place them in? Does this weekends event change your order? For me it's

1.Ogres

2.Roybox

3.Elams

4.Hoaxer/Elumnite

5.Sudds

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ogres easily..

Elams have both won good amounts of money from halo, but nothing compares to how many wins the ogres have under there belts

I agree with the way they're ordered in the OP, however if Elamite were to get as good as Ace currently is I think the Elams could possibly be better than Roybox. It's hard to say when Ace is the only one of the four seriously competing as of late.

Elamite putting a crazy amount of weight on H4GC. Lol. Single elim 1v1s to 10 kills? Sorry, but that's not the top of the top in terms of competitiveness. Unless we're strictly talking revenue, the global championship shouldn't mean much in terms of "being better".

That being said, I still think the 2nd and 3rd spot could be argued.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If we had 1 more duo of brothers we could throw them in a game of Multi Team and settle this once and for all.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yea the Ogres are definitely undeniably the best.

2nd place is definitely close though. I mean, it depends on if you put more stock into the actual earnings or the amount of competition. 

I honestly see both sides. I mean this was just a FFA, and then 1 v 1 but it was for 200k against Pistola.

has ace and elamite ever teamed together?

how can they be the best duo brothers if they never (i think) teamed together?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, all these "GOAT" debates need to just not even include Tom and Dan. They dominated the glory days for the most part ( Ogre 2 end of H3). There is absolutely no debating that.

The Reach and H4 days should be considered the "new era" because 1.) the games suffered in quality, and the amount of competitive players dropped 2.) No consistent MLG events. 

If were going from H3,Reach and H4? Elamite won hella tournaments/money in H3, but that was it. NOT alongside his brother though. While Ace really broke out in H3, it was at the end where he really solidified himself as a top player. Then in Reach-H4, Elamite dropped off while Ace won a Reach tournament, and an AGL and now this H4GC.

Im going to have to give 2nd place to the Roybox just becuase they've actually teamed together since H2. And they've also had multiple wins as brothers.

I feel now when we discuss Halo, the Reach-H4 era has to be taken differently.

I feel now when we discuss Halo, the Reach-H4 era has to be taken differently.

2gre dominated Reach too for the most part. I mean, yeah 2011 wasn't a great year for Halo in general but despite the game introducing more randomness than ever before Instinct still managed to consistently win and they also only lost Columbus 2012 (which may as well have been a completely different game compared to what was played in '11) by one kill in game 11.

If he actually competed in Halo 4 I'm sure that Ogre 2 would continue to pile up the wins, so I'm not sure that such a distinction is necessary.

How could you forget Frosty and IceVayne?  Their placings were way better than the Sudds.

you mean frosty and sneak e beaver

It all depends on what you mean when you say "good at Halo".

If were talking historically(h1-h2)/old Halo's- Ogre twins

If were talking mid-Halo's-elamite was good at h3, but ace wasnt a top top player. So I would have to say Roybox for H3/Reach

If we are talking the current Halo (who is good at the game TODAY)- Elamite/Ace > Hoaxer/Elumnite (who are roughly)= Sud1/Sud2

Ogre twins and Roybox dont play anymore, so yeah it depends on what exactly your asking.

2gre dominated Reach too for the most part. I mean, yeah 2011 wasn't a great year for Halo in general but despite the game introducing more randomness than ever before Instinct still managed to consistently win and they also only lost Columbus 2012 (which may as well have been a completely different game compared to what was played in '11) by one kill in game 11.

If he actually competed in Halo 4 I'm sure that Ogre 2 would continue to pile up the wins, so I'm not sure that such a distinction is necessary.

Wow, forgot about that for some reason lol. While true though, it was without Dan.

Now that I think about it. The Elams could get 2nd. I think everyone can agree that money aside, its all about the wins. So this would have to be filtered to a cumulative thing? In that case:

The Elams:

8 MLG wins.

-7 by Elamite. (1 National Championship)

-1 by Ace.

-Elamite won that H3 event thing

-Ace won H4GC

So thats 10 major events between the two of them.

The Browns:

5 MLG wins together,

-1 National championship together

5 Major wins

Interesting debate. Now, was Ace or Elamite anywhere near as feared and dominant as Roy? Nope. Also, I think Ace and Elamite only teamed once and it was Shady Halo Kids at Cbus '12.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. Ogres

2. Roybox

Elam brothers definitely do not get to take 2nd because they won two big FFA's. Tournament wins > earnings.

H1-3 = The Brogres

HR = Roybox

H4 doesn't exactly have a shining brother duo

Roy and Lunch Box were more successful than the Ogres in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Ogres are the best duo of brothers of all time - it's not even a question. No way you can argue it.

As far as the Elams vs Lunch and Roy - its tough to say. Danimal made a good post comparing their respective win totals and the US Championship and the Global Championship for the Elams certainly throws it a bit in their favor.

Either way - all 3 sets of brothers are great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The difference to me is that if you put up the OGRES against any of the others, there are no Halo games they would get destroyed in. Sure they might not win every game - but they could play literally any Halo game and they would be solid competition and would never get embarrassed.

However, there does exist a Halo game where you could take literally any other duo on that list, and they'd have a hard time breaking 35 kills in a 2v2 vs the OGRES. If that. That's what gives them the edge to me.

justsayin.

• Upvote (+1) 3