Sign in to follow this  
AkaDemiK

The official why did Ola challenge thread

I watched the kill in question. He was up in the battle, i dont particularly see why he WOULDN'T go for the kill with being up a shot and having height advantage, and a power weapon. The more questionable thing was that last shot rather than if was right for challenging.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he deserves the greg blunt

GOODGUYSTOLA_zps9902a4b3.jpg

I don't even think it was a guaranteed win if he didn't drop honestly.  There was a full 30 seconds left on the clock- plenty of time for ace to get 1 kill.  I mean, he knew where pistola was. 

Pistola was up in the battle- he had the cr and he had height advantage, but unfortunately for him ace got launched 15 feet up in the air and he missed a shot.  

I really don't think the decision to challenge was as big a choke as people make it out to be.  

Why challange run away waste the last 50 to 40 seconds making Ace chase you.

So, what happened to your prediction of "Ola is going to run over Ace 10-0, may as well give Pistola the money now" ?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, what happened to your prediction of "Ola is going to run over Ace 10-0, may aswell give Pistola the money now" ?

Sam are we REALLY going to start this now? Cause I'm in a good mood and I don't need you getting under my skin might want to keep your eye on what lemon just said. I smell a war and we might have to start taking sides.

Sam are we REALLY going to start this now? Cause I'm in a good mood and I don't need you getting under my skin might want to keep your eye on what lemon just said. I smell a war and we might have to start taking sides.

What did Lemon say?

And I just find it amusing that you were so adamant that Pistola was going to destroy Ace, your statement was pretty bold that they should just give the money to Pistola. Pretty funny to look back on.

I guess Ace is the #1 underrated player of all time.

What did Lemon say?

And I just find it amusing that you were so adamant that Pistola was going to destroy Ace, your statement was pretty bold that they should just give the money to Pistola. Pretty funny to look back on.

I guess Ace is the #1 underrated player of all.

Pistolla should of won but you can't change how someone plays. and go read sauceys thread.

Pistolla should of won but you can't change how someone plays. and go read sauceys thread.

Why should Pistola have won? Just because he was a fan favourite, doesn't mean he should have. IMO, the better player won, Ace held his shit down when everyone both at the event and at home was freaking their shit out and Ola made a bad play.

The better play won, not by luck but by skill. 

The far, far worse play is when it's 5-4 Ola. He was top-mid with concussion rifle, Ace was red benches. Ace kinda jumped up and got two br shots on Ola, and instead of turning around and running towards blue benches (or somewhere that direction), he ran str8 at Ace at red benches.

I understand it's a case of reverse phsyc b/c if he got behind Ace there its an easy kill, but the higher % play is to run opposite way to the blue benches area.

Ola's 6-5 play at the end was bad though. I went back and watched it very very slow motion a few times. When Ace jumped off the street Ola was just BARELY up in the fight. Like maybe 1 bullet (I actually thought they were tied the 1st time I watched in slow-mo).

If Ola was going to make that play I think he should have just pulled out his Br. He hit his 1st Concussion rifle shot, which shot Ace 20 feet into the air, which caused Ola to miss 2 consecutive concussion rifle shots (pretty poor aiming still). He should have either pulled out his br b4 he jumped down or maybe just shot the 1st Concussion shot then pulled out his br. His br is his bread and butter.

With all that being said, I think by far the best play would have been 1 of these 3 things depending on what he thought Ace would do. 1. Stay right where he was, gained shields and then make a play (cause obv ace has to run after him) 2. Run back into the base (keep in mind he had concussion rifle) or 3. When/If Ace wasnt looking (ie. when ace runs after him), run to red benches and eventually to opposite base.

Give Ace credit too, he knew what Ola was gonna do.He stood there waiting for ola to jump down instead of running after him. That was risky if you think about it, what would he have done if Ola didn't jump down? That is precious time wasted. Aces' solid, mechanical play-style was just hard for Ola to beat 1v1. 1v1 is a game of matchups. I still think Ola is a pretty big favourite vs Ace 1v1, Ace just got the better of him that time

• Upvote (+1) 2

I suppose he can dry his eyes with the 75k.

STILL, THOUGH.

yup...such is life

The far, far worse play is when it's 5-4 Ola. He was top-mid with concussion rifle, Ace was red benches. Ace kinda jumped up and got two br shots on Ola, and instead of turning around and running towards blue benches (or somewhere that direction), he ran str8 at Ace at red benches.

I almost lost my mind when he did that. 

I don't even think it was a guaranteed win if he didn't drop honestly.  There was a full 30 seconds left on the clock- plenty of time for ace to get 1 kill.  I mean, he knew where pistola was. 

Pistola was up in the battle- he had the cr and he had height advantage, but unfortunately for him ace got launched 15 feet up in the air and he missed a shot.  

I really don't think the decision to challenge was as big a choke as people make it out to be.  

You realize that my post was a joke right? I mean, I combined it with a meme. At what point did you think I was serious?

Ola is known for being a smart player, known for staying alive, know for making good decisions. Yet he made the mistake to make a dumb play, challenge and not stay alive. He is still the best halo player, but that had to be the biggest mistake he ever made.

He had a perfect chance to escape bottom mid from the steps too. Ace was just sitting back on those pipes waiting for ola to jump. How Ola didn't see this I have no idea. I mean he is the escape artist, the wizard! WHY DIDNT YOU RUN OLA!

Ola is known for being a smart player, known for staying alive, know for making good decisions. Yet he made the mistake to make a dumb play, challenge and not stay alive. He is still the best halo player, but that had to be the biggest mistake he ever made.

I think on both plays he tried to be too smart and do the obvious move thinking Ace wouldn't expect it.

The drop down was maybe a bit of showmanship but it boils down to he thought he had the advantage and wanted to end it right there and then.

The deciding kill was just a nightmare with equal opportunity for both players; you could argue Ola had time to regain shields or escape but considering how frantic the engagement was I can't really blame him for trying.

It seemed to me Pistola challenged because he thought Ace would be running away going forwards, not backwards.

Ace on the other hand was smart enough to keep his sights on Pistola in case he jumped out, and thus, won the tournament.

What you have to remember is that everyone makes mistakes, I imagine Pistola would of learnt from this and won't make the same error again.

I dont buy the showmanship stuff. with 125k on the line I honestly doubt he was thinking about that. Did you see Olas 1v1 with Legit? He certainly didn't have any problems running away vs Legit when he needed too.

Ola is a very smart player. with life changing money on the line I doubt he was worried about "how he won".

Whats far, far more likely is he thought he had the upper hand in the battle and was gonna kill Ace and end the game right there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You realize that my post was a joke right? I mean, I combined it with a meme. At what point did you think I was serious?

lol I know it was a joke I was just posting my opinions on the matter.

The person right below you said the same thing that you said in your post but seriously, and most people here believe that pistola made a terrible play.

I just disagree with them and happened to chose your post to reply to.

I literally cried. I couldn't believe he lost....

Opposite for me, I was rooting for Ace the entire time and absolutely could not believe it when he got to the finals- let alone won.  

Opposite for me, I was rooting for Ace the entire time and absolutely could not believe it when he got to the finals- let alone won.  

He came out of nowhere too. Congratz to him though. He has not won much the past few years.