Sign in to follow this  
AkaDemiK

The official why did Ola challenge thread

I would say that Ola has the best decision making out of any pro player, and this is the strongest aspect of his game. I don't know why he challenged at that point, but I trust that he knew what he was doing. Ace just got the best of him. GGs all around though.

Pistola definitely let the nerves hit him a bit, but I don't know what I would have done in his situation so idk.  They both made some mistakes.  (there was one challanged at the 3-3 mark where ace was down two shots but still challenged and died. He could have easily doubled back- he was at blue dmr and ola was at benches).

Not to knock FFA tournaments because the H4 GC finals were mind-blowingly awesome from the production to the gameplay, but how awesome would it be if the next Global Championships(Assuming that happens) were a 4v4 tournament for 200k? 

Frankie did say they were looking at that possibility and this tournament and the way 343/MS seem to be warming up to comp gaming gives me hope for the future <3

• Upvote (+1) 1

He didn't challenge. He tried to escape. He didn't expect Ace to wait around for him to pop back out. Watch the 1v1 again. Ola got away so many times by running out of cover. Ola is the best in the game at staying alive.

I would have ran and camped in a corner so hard haha.

i would have tried to blend in with the wall for that much money. Salute to both of them, Ace really suprised me by getting this far and winning the whole thing. I knew he was a top player, I've always held to a high standard...but wow

hopefully this isn't a one and done thing for 343

75k is still a lot

oh it definitely is. Both guys are gonna wake up changed men tomorrow.

he haaaaaaaaaad him. Full shields vs pretty much none and he died. I would be so mad...

Had ace not had the CR it would have been 200k for ola, guaranteed.

Intense but damn if the amount of I GOT BR'D ONCE, BETTER SPRINT AWAY wasn't annoying. Not the players' fault though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In both his matchup with Legit and his matchup with Ace, he had the option to completely turtle up and win. As I said on the other thread, I think he wanted to do the "honorable" thing and continued to play aggressively against his opponent even though he could have easily hid and burned the time. Most players would not have challenged in that position, up 1 kill, with $125k on the line. But I think I have more respect for Ola now, because he didn't just hide somewhere despite what was at stake.

Also, early in the Str8 Sick vs Ace matchup, I honestly thought the game would be terrible. Str8 Sick was just hid bottom mid for a pretty long time and killed Ace from behind for a 3-1 or 2-1 kill lead I believe. I thought it was just going to be a camping match. I'm glad that match and the remainder of the matches didn't really turn out that way.

In the tiebreaker if ola had tried to run he would have had to run court and ace would most likely have shot ola in the back and won or he would have turned around and had the height advantage on ola and still would have won that encounter. Ola still won 75k. He will still prob sleep well tonight. I think legit honestly should second guess himself more. That one play top mid ola was no shields I believe and Legit swapped weapons. That play I question the most, he had the BR out, he didn't need to reload why switch there. Either way these guys all made a decent amount of money. 7th place at GC is equivalent to 1st at AGL so they should all be happy and proud of themselves. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the first match I would have stayed on the street...kill time on the clock and let Ace come to me. I also have the concussion rifle, i'm not challenging anything moving.

It's 1 kill to win $200K, i'm 1 shot and my opponent is not. I'm not challenging him. I'm going to wait and force him to make a mistake while my shields recharge.

I know he regretted both of these moves...he has to

It's a case of reverse psychology. Good players know what's the best move and what might throw the opponent off. Mindgames, It's a gamble and sometimes you lose.

I'm of course talking about those split second decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola's game is running around behind cover putting shots on his opponent and running away until he feels he has an advantage, then he pushes. I believe he did have the advantage on Ace when he pushed in, but Ace just hit amazing shots and Ola's last shot didn't register. As for why he didn't turtle up, he's Ola. He wouldn't have wanted to win that way.

he haaaaaaaaaad him. Full shields vs pretty much none and he died. I would be so mad...

Had ace not had the CR it would have been 200k for ola, guaranteed.

Intense but damn if the amount of I GOT BR'D ONCE, BETTER SPRINT AWAY wasn't annoying. Not the players' fault though.

Too be fair that was one of the best moments in the hole tournament.

No not the final finish (yes that was amazing), I'm talking right before, when ace decided to get the cr instead of chasing ola.

I never thought Ace would get to the finals.  Big props to him for winning the whole thing.

I doubt I would have hit one single shot if I were playing for 200K, so I cannot judge Pistola's decision making.

Im gonna go back and watch it and see what happend again (I watched it live but I want to go back and see if there is anything better/diff Ola could have done in some of those spots). I will come back and report what I see/think.

Just imagine how hard it is to hit shots when 125k is on the line.